Menu Plan - Week of 2/2
Saturday- out for dinner
Sunday - pizza, wings, veggie tray, chips/dip
Monday - cube steak,wild rice, green beans
Tuesday- black bean / sweet potato enchiladas
Wednesday- chicken salad
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - Swedish meatballs over egg noodles, peas

So, another week, another menu - some great meal deals bought today, so putting them in for variety this week
Sun (The Super Bowl) - Homemade Beef, Bean, and 4 Pepper Chili - Toppings of Sour Cream, Sharp Cheddar, Diced Avocado, Tostitoes - Strawberries and Bananas
Mon - Chili Mac and Cheese, Leftover Roasted Broccoli, Chopped Mango and Banana
Tues - (Bought for $3/lb) - Lamb Shoulder Chop and Japanese Eggplant Curry, White Rice, Clementines
Wed (Bought for $2.50/lb) - Glazed Turkey Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Coleslaw, Homemade Cranberry and Apple Chutney
Thurs - Nacho Night (leftover chili or I'll brown some beef, cheddar, salsa, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, avocadoes, black beans or refried beans), Blueberry Muffins, Apple Sliced
Fri - Leftovers with Coleslaw and Fruit Smoothies (if no leftovers, it will be a Hot Dog and Baked Fry night)
Sat - OUT

Yesterday: Snack night! Ham and cheese sliders, pigs in a blanket, chips and queso, fried pickles, and Black Forest poke cake.
Today: Out for a late lunch with my cousin and aunt to celebrate my job promotion! L/O if I get hungry later
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Eggs and toast or a frozen meal
Thursday: Pasta with meat sauce, broccoli, and garlic bread
Friday: L/O

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with hashbrowns
Lunch: Chicken fajita bowls

Our fast is over, back to a normal menu!

Wednesday:
Chicken Cutlets
Loaded Tator Tots
Green Beans

Thursday:
Chicken and Veggie Fried Rice

Friday:
Loaded Potato Soup

Saturday:
Cajun Red Beans and Rice
French Baguette

Sunday:
Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Fried Okra

Monday:
Jambalaya
Oven Roasted Corn

Taco Tuesday:
Taco Soup
Corn Muffins

I was able to lower our grocery budget from $1k to $800 in Jan. I am going to see if I can lower it to $700 in Feb. I love seeing everyone's ideas here as it helps come up with menu ideas.

Friday - Pesto Pasta, Garlic bread sticks
Saturday - Frozen Pizza
Sunday - Hamburgers/fries for kids, leftover Pesto Pasta with grilled chicken and veggies for me
Monday - Leftover Sloppy Joes I froze from a few weeks ago and sweet potato fries
Tuesday - Chicken Fajitas
Wednesday - Lasagna
Thursday - BBQ Steak tips, rice

This is my last week of whole30:

Monday: Chicken Tikka Masala (using coconut yogurt and coconut cream) with cauliflower rice
Tuesday: Shrimp stuffed mushrooms, salad
Wednesday: Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Thursday: Mulligatawny Soup, leftovers to fill out meal
Friday: Pork carnitas lettuce cups with guacamole, salad

Here is our menu for the next week. We ended up eating leftover lasagna last night so moved that menu item to today.

Friday: BBQ Venison tips, Rice, Roasted Carrots
Saturday: Enchilada Chicken, fruit
Sunday: Roasted Chicken, left over carrots, mashed potatoes
Monday: Buffalo chicken using leftover roasted chicken
Tuesday: Veggie Stir Fry
Wednesday: Leftovers or frozen pizza
Thursday: Breakfast - eggs and pancakes

Menu Was lan - Week of 2/9
Saturday - chicken noodle casserole
Sunday- spaghetti
Monday - chicken mex salad
Tuesday - steak, mashed cauliflower, green beans
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- butter chicken, rice, naan
Friday - pizza

So, another week, another menu - some great meal deals bought today, so putting them in for variety this week
Sun (The Super Bowl) - Homemade Beef, Bean, and 4 Pepper Chili - Toppings of Sour Cream, Sharp Cheddar, Diced Avocado, Tostitoes - Strawberries and Bananas
Mon - Chili Mac and Cheese, Leftover Roasted Broccoli, Chopped Mango and Banana
Tues - (Bought for $3/lb) - Lamb Shoulder Chop and Japanese Eggplant Curry, White Rice, Clementines
Wed (Bought for $2.50/lb) - Glazed Turkey Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Coleslaw, Homemade Cranberry and Apple Chutney
Thurs - Nacho Night (leftover chili or I'll brown some beef, cheddar, salsa, shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, avocadoes, black beans or refried beans), Blueberry Muffins, Apple Sliced
Fri - Leftovers with Coleslaw and Fruit Smoothies (if no leftovers, it will be a Hot Dog and Baked Fry night)
Sat - OUT

So, got sick last weekend and wanted to make all cooked food this week (and easy food), so dropped Tues/Wed plan for Meatloaf and Shepard's Pie...and I'll get back to those meals now that they live in my freezer. For this week, Aldi's had amazing fruit sales and HMart has amazing veg sales (plus anchovies cheaper than I've ever seen them - yeah ratatouille for real:))...so, lots to incorporate this week...

Sun - Sundried Tomato and Panko Breaded Baked Chicken Breast, Ratatouille (Japanese Eggplant, Squash, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Anchovies, Balsamic, and spices), Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup
Mon - Korean Chicken Thigh and Veg Stew (Daikon Radish, Radish Tops, Onion, Spinach, Carrot) over Rice with Strawberries and Bananas
Tues (Kids have a Valentine Party, so not sure on appetite) - Spaghetti with Leftover Ratatouille Marinara Sauce and Beef Meatballs, Blueberries and Blackberries
Wed (Kids have to volunteer at another Valentine's Party at a homeless shelter through dinner) - Meatball Subs, Deli Potato Salad (had a deal), Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Pineapple and Bananas
Thurs - Not sure what dinner is, but I'm doing a Chocolate Fondue with Hazelnut Liquor with Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple, Marshmallow, Pretzel, and Oreo dippers for a family celebration dessert - it might be a cheese fondue with bakery bread, apples, and roasted broccoli and cauliflower dippers, but not sure I wanna do that much work yet...might be a baked potato bar instead:)...might be nothing if I convince the spouse he doesn't need "so much protein" and there will be plenty of calories in the dessert (and protein, too, if I do a hot cocoa or cafe lattes to go with it:))...
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies...if no leftovers, I foresee the turkey tenderloin getting pulled from the freezer here...
Sat - OUT

I so wish we had an HMart . . . hope you feel better.

My list for the week:

Today: Chicken korma, cauliflower rice, stir fried green beans with coconut flakes
Monday: Indian style kidney beans w/ tomato, cauliflower rice, deep fried chili-potato fritters
Tuesday: Green curry with chicken over cauliflower rice
Wednesday: Hamburgers wrapped in lettuce, oven fries
Thursday: chicken biryani, Indian salsa (not sure what it's called, but it's almost pico de gallo with some dill added)
Friday: (belated Valentines Day dinner): lots of dungeness crab with clarified butter, green salad

I tend to get in a rut with meal planning. Trying to toss in a few things we haven't had in a while.

Wednesday:
Lou Malnati's Deep Dish (I mail ordered this as a V-Day gift for my family.)
Caesar Salad
Mickey's Premium Bars (So excited that these are available at the grocery now!!!)

Thursday:

Salmon Patties
Mac and Cheese
Peas and Carrots

Friday:
Whiskey River Chicken
Baked Potatoes

Saturday:
Pasta Carbonara
Garlic Toast

Sunday:
Oven BBQ Chicken
Homemade Potatoes AuGratin
Southern Style Green Beans

Monday:
Spaghetti
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
Fiesta Black Beans
Fruit Smoothies

I have a cold. I feel miserable. Glad I cooked up a big meal yesterday because the thought of having to cook tonight would make me cry.

Here is this week.

Breakfast: Blueberry muffin bake and greek yogurt
Lunch: Chicken peanut dragon noodles with sugar snap peas

Dinners:
Last night- Roasted chicken, stuffing, and broccoli and cauliflower gratin
Tonight- Leftovers
Tuesday- Leftovers
Wednesday- Leftovers
Thursday- Hamburgers, tater tots
Friday- Leftovers

DH had leftovers one night last week since we were doing a going away potluck for one of our girls who is getting promoted to another store, so we have one carryover meal. This week:

Sun (off): beef & broccoli stir fry
Mon (8-5): bagel pizzas
Tue (1-10): white bean enchilada soup
Wed (off): pork chops with mashed potatoes
Thu (8-5): loaded chicken salad
Fri (8-5): burgers and baked fries

So, got sick last weekend and wanted to make all cooked food this week (and easy food), so dropped Tues/Wed plan for Meatloaf and Shepard's Pie...and I'll get back to those meals now that they live in my freezer. For this week, Aldi's had amazing fruit sales and HMart has amazing veg sales (plus anchovies cheaper than I've ever seen them - yeah ratatouille for real:))...so, lots to incorporate this week...

Sun - Sundried Tomato and Panko Breaded Baked Chicken Breast, Ratatouille (Japanese Eggplant, Squash, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Anchovies, Balsamic, and spices), Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup
Mon - Korean Chicken Thigh and Veg Stew (Daikon Radish, Radish Tops, Onion, Spinach, Carrot) over Rice with Strawberries and Bananas
Tues (Kids have a Valentine Party, so not sure on appetite) - Spaghetti with Leftover Ratatouille Marinara Sauce and Beef Meatballs, Blueberries and Blackberries
Wed (Kids have to volunteer at another Valentine's Party at a homeless shelter through dinner) - Meatball Subs, Deli Potato Salad (had a deal), Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Pineapple and Bananas
Thurs - Not sure what dinner is, but I'm doing a Chocolate Fondue with Hazelnut Liquor with Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple, Marshmallow, Pretzel, and Oreo dippers for a family celebration dessert - it might be a cheese fondue with bakery bread, apples, and roasted broccoli and cauliflower dippers, but not sure I wanna do that much work yet...might be a baked potato bar instead:)...might be nothing if I convince the spouse he doesn't need "so much protein" and there will be plenty of calories in the dessert (and protein, too, if I do a hot cocoa or cafe lattes to go with it:))...
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies...if no leftovers, I foresee the turkey tenderloin getting pulled from the freezer here...
Sat - OUT

So, a few changes - since I had little leftover ratatouille, we did the turkey tenderloin Tuesday (with a white bean, spinach, and tomato side and an apple cranberry sauce) and today, I did chicken fajita bowls (zucchini, bell pepper, onion)...we also decided on the Thursday dinner:).

So, everyone will have an all-beef hotdog and then we'll dig into "chocolate fondue for 6":). I always go all out b/c I figure it would cost me $90 (with tax/tip) to feed my crew the chocolate fondue at the melting pot...and they wouldn't even have the dippers they wanted (nor enough of them)...so, we're doing a dark/milk chocolate fondue https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/chocolate-fondue/ and then we're dipping strawberries, bananas, apples, clementines, pretzel rods, and "smores" - aka graham crackers and marshmallows. Since it's a budget board, I figured I worked out my cost, with almost everything bought at Aldi's tonight...

Costs:
Fondue
2 Chocolate Chip bags - 1 milk, 1 semi-sweet $2.58 (I do have a higher end chocolate bar to use from a past buy, but I think my kids will like the "normalcy" of the chips better - I'm putting the whole cost of both bags in b/c I'll probably double the recipe)
1/2 and 1/2 (it's Valentines - making it thicker and skipping butter) $1.49 (whole cost of item b/c I'll double the recipe)
Vanilla/salt - off my shelves for $1
May add a shot of hazelnut liquor (so $1)

1 lb of strawberries $1.39
1.5 lb of bananas $.65
1 lb of clementines $.83
1 lb of apples $.83
1/2 container of pretzel rods $1.50
box of graham crackers $1.29
bag of marshmallows $.89

Total cost - a little over $12...if I cut the 2nd lb of strawberries or my spouse picks up some mini glazed donuts (I cut in half for dipping), we'll be close to $15...for everyone.

I used to love the Melting Pot, and still do if it's 1 or 2 of us, but my budget minded self just can't handle paying so much for a large party when it's not even that much work to pull off a gorgeous and tasty chocolate fondue (and healthy-ish with all the fruit...yep, sticking to that one:)...my spouse got me a fondue pot about a decade ago, and while the forks come and go, that pot has been a nice little purchase for a lot of fun:)...

This week, pending changes based on what we get from our meat CSA pickup tomorrow:

Th - chicken cordon bleu subs, cabbage salad
F - Pink and white pasta w. roasted tomatoes, chicken and basil (belated valentines dinner)
Sa - Chicken Calzones (buffalo or cordon bleu)
Su - Chicken Noodle Soup
M - Burritos
Tu - Taco Salads
W - Tofu Scramble
Th - Chicken Fried Rice (half real rice, half cauliflower rice)
F - Breakfast for dinner

I ended up working Wed. but I've got an interview group tonight so I'm going in for a few hours. I figured I'd get my grocery shopping done today since I work all weekend. I've got the burgers prepped so DS is just going to grill them and heat the fries so he and DH can eat before I get home around 7:30. Here's next week's plan:

Sun (10-7): meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Mon (8-5): crock pot pork roast w/ potatoes and carrots
Tue (off): eggrolls using some of the pork roast and cabbage left in the fridge
Wed (1-10): baked spaghetti using a sauce DS made and brought home from school
Thu (1-10): sausage and corn chowder
Fri (8-5): Jamaican jerk chicken w/ broccoli and Ranch
Sat (off): fundraiser chili cook off

Menu Plan Week 2/16
Saturday- angel chicken
Sunday - spaghetti
Monday - minestrone soup
Tuesday - pot roast
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - bourbon chicken
Friday - out for dinner

Breakfasts: Bagels with cream cheese, ham, and sliced tomato
Lunches: Penne with pesto, roasted chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, and asparagus
Dinners:
Tonight: Frozen pizza
Sunday: Chicken pot pie soup with red lobster biscuits
Monday: SUSHI! For my birthday!
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Spicy chicken sandwiches with blue cheese slaw and potato salad
Friday: L/O

So, we swapped date night to Friday and used some deals from TMobile and Local Flavor to make it an uber-cheap event...and so, now I have meal plans for Sat to change. There are no leftovers in my fridge and my spouse is beer-brewing, so here's the plan...

Sat - Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, Roasted Broccoli, Strawberries and Bananas
Sun ($5/lb shrimp deal at grocery too good to pass up - post-Church meal, so needs to be done in 10 minutes:)) - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, Microwave Rice, Cucumber Dill Salad, Red Grapes
Mon - Chicken Fajita Bowls (popular last week, so doing again - with Zucchini, Bell Pepper, Onion...and topped with Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, and Avocado), Rice, Clementines
Tues - Lamb and Lentil Stew (with added veg from my coming HMart shop), Strawberries, Banana Choco Muffins
Wed - Leftover Stew for adults / Bagged Ravioli for kids, Wedge Salads
Thurs - Spaghetti and Meatballs, Sliced Apples
Fri - Leftovers or Frozen Red Baron Pizza with Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!