Sasuage
Scrambled Eggs

Thursday:
Chicken and Rice Bake
Broccoli

Friday:
Beanie Weenies :crazy2:
Roasted Corn

Saturday: (something for the kiddos to make while DH and I are at a meeting)
Tuna Mac
Green Peas

Sunday:
Spaghetti
Garlic Toast

Monday:
Hamburger Stroganoff
Green Beans

Taco Tuesday: (carry over meal since are having dinner at my parents' house tonight)
Chicken Tortilla Soup

Friday: Breakfast for dinner
Saturday: "mock Chipotle" bowls - chicken, cilantro lime rice, salsa, gauc. cheese, sour cream, chips
Sunday: Lasagna, garlic bread
Monday: leftovers
Tuesday: chicken legs, french fries
Wednesday: Enchilada chicken, black beans
Thursday: frozen pizza

I did something this last week that worked really well--making three days in a row that followed a theme. One day blended into leftovers for the next. Korean BBQ on Wednesday became Bibimbap yesterday, and then we had some Korean soft tofu soup today (using up some seasoning mixes I'd made too much of the day before). Going to try that next week as well with Mexican food.

Saturday:
(deleted fancy lunch plan: too lazy and will graze instead of going to the store for ingredients)
Dinner: Shrimp and vegetable tempura, rice, chawan mushi (an egg custard)

Sunday: Anne Burrell's pot roast 2 (because I found sunchokes at the store, and they're in it. I've always had to substitute some other root vegetable, so I thought I'd try them.)

Monday: Sopa de Albondigas

Tuesday: Fish tacos

Wednesday: Saag paneer (changed--off the Mexican plan, but we have an unused gallon of milk, and even though I could make cheese and sprinkle it on our Mexican food, it'll get eaten faster this way)

Thursday: Tacos Al Pastor

Friday: Stuffed poblano peppers

Saturday: Out for dinner (sushi)

Sunday: St Patrick's Day dinner at my parents.

Last edited:
So, stuck to the plan for the most part, but swapped in Cheesesteaks and Fries for the Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes on Thursday (still did the rest of dinner)...and swapped in a 2nd pork tenderloin for Friday, b/c it was so popular Wednesday - made that with Thursday's planned mashed potatoes, with a "leftovers of the week" white bean side (added last of spinach, last of guacamole, some garlic, white wine vinegar, hot sauce, and s&p)...

So, now for the new plans - I'll include today b/c I have a plan...thank you to Hmart for more amazing produce deals (99 cents strawberries - so, I may have picked up 4 containers - and they still haven't made broccoli cost more than $1:)...and for the next 7 weeks, there will always be a meat-free meal for Lent (and 2 this week), so it will be a little more work planning:)...

Sat - Stouffer's Meat Lasagna, Strawberries
Sun (with bad weather coming, changed plans to having lunch out, so needed a dinner plan:)...Crockpot Butter Chicken Stew with Veg (last of Dal, Gray Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Carrots, Onion), White Rice, More Strawberries
Mon - BLTAs (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado), Baked Onion Rings, Mango/Grapes/Banana Fruit Salad
Tues (Mardi Gras) - Sirloin Steak with Carmelized Onion and Blue Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Hoison and Soy Glazed Broccoli, (and for the adults - fresh amaretto sours - lemons were a great deal, so we're making homemade sour mix to go with the Disareno)
Wed (Ash Wednesday - going meat and fish free to be sacrificial) - Scrambled Eggs, Veg Saute, Toast, Last of Strawberries
Thurs - Turkey Tenderloin, Stovetop Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole (with fresh onion and mushroom), Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Fri - Shrimp Alfredo over Spaghetti, Last of Green Leaf Salad (and Veg)
Sat - OUT

So, I only skipped the steak...and did a chicken fajita that day b/c...well, it was easier to defrost the chicken...now on to this week, where we have to bring 2 "soups" to our Church's Lenten supper on Friday and I have a reduced family size Monday (so today's meal is planned for both days:)...

Sun (late Church) - Crockpot Korean Pork and Veg Stew, White Rice, Double Blueberry Muffins - HMart had a sale on Marinated Pork and Pork Bakcbones (bones make the most rich stew:)), so it was an easy plan - added their on sale AA Choy, Giant White Radish, Carrots, and Onion...and about a 1/2 cup of Toor Dal, 1/2 cup of kimchi, and a cup of water to get it all started (with s&p). I'll make a cornstarch slurry later, and it should be dynamite:)...and my whole 6 qt crockpot is filled to the brim, so if this doesn't give me leftovers for tomorrow and lunches for Tuesday, I'll be floored:)...
Monday - Leftover Stew, Mango and Bananas
Tuesday - Last week's steak dinner with new broccoli (which is STILL 99 cents/lb), so Sirloin Steak with Carmelized Onion and Blue Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Hoison and Soy Glazed Broccoli
Wednesday - Corned Beef (it's on sale everywhere, so have to do it), Cheesy Grits, Stir Fried AA Choy, Strawberries and Blueberries
Thursday - Chicken Tacos, Chips and Salsa, Sliced Apples
Friday - Crockpot Mac and Cheese and Fruit Soup Shooters - leaning to Come Y Bebe Fruit Salad as the "shooter", but will wait to see sales on fruit Wednesday and will buy fruit Friday - need to make the mac and cheese for 12 and planning to make the shooter for 40 (so same amount of each, but fruit can be pricy:)...
Saturday - OUT (We have Wonder Park tickets at the mall from a great Atom tickets deal, so it's a cheap window shopping/fast food/movie day)

Still tightening the purse strings, so meals are no fun at all...

Tonight:
Beanie Weenie
Corn

Thursday:
Chicken and Rice
Green Beans

Friday:
Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Saturday:
Vegetable Beef Soup
Cornbread

Sunday: (dd's birthday celebration)
Lunch Picnic at the Zoo
Out to dinner

Monday:
Chicken and Dumplings
Cornbread

Taco Tuesday:
Chicken Quesadillas
Chips and Salsa

So, I only skipped the steak...and did a chicken fajita that day b/c...well, it was easier to defrost the chicken...now on to this week, where we have to bring 2 "soups" to our Church's Lenten supper on Friday and I have a reduced family size Monday (so today's meal is planned for both days:)...

Sun (late Church) - Crockpot Korean Pork and Veg Stew, White Rice, Double Blueberry Muffins - HMart had a sale on Marinated Pork and Pork Bakcbones (bones make the most rich stew:)), so it was an easy plan - added their on sale AA Choy, Giant White Radish, Carrots, and Onion...and about a 1/2 cup of Toor Dal, 1/2 cup of kimchi, and a cup of water to get it all started (with s&p). I'll make a cornstarch slurry later, and it should be dynamite:)...and my whole 6 qt crockpot is filled to the brim, so if this doesn't give me leftovers for tomorrow and lunches for Tuesday, I'll be floored:)...
Monday - Leftover Stew, Mango and Bananas
Tuesday - Last week's steak dinner with new broccoli (which is STILL 99 cents/lb), so Sirloin Steak with Carmelized Onion and Blue Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Hoison and Soy Glazed Broccoli
Wednesday - Corned Beef (it's on sale everywhere, so have to do it), Cheesy Grits, Stir Fried AA Choy, Strawberries and Blueberries
Thursday - Chicken Tacos, Chips and Salsa, Sliced Apples
Friday - Crockpot Mac and Cheese and Fruit Soup Shooters - leaning to Come Y Bebe Fruit Salad as the "shooter", but will wait to see sales on fruit Wednesday and will buy fruit Friday - need to make the mac and cheese for 12 and planning to make the shooter for 40 (so same amount of each, but fruit can be pricy:)...
Saturday - OUT (We have Wonder Park tickets at the mall from a great Atom tickets deal, so it's a cheap window shopping/fast food/movie day)

So, the Friday night soup ideas were a wild success - even though I tripled my savory recipe and mad enough sweet for 75 shooters, I came home with no mac and cheese and no come y bebe shooters (Ecuadorian fruit salad/soup with papaya, banana, pineapple, orange juice, and sweetner) - I had two of the 4 "sell outs" items, so I guess they tasted good (especially the fruit, which went 1st on a day that hit 80 degrees:)...the only meal I didn't make was the Corned Beef, subbing in baked chicken thighs, but keeping the sides, so we are starting St Pat's with that:)...

So, now the new plan - the kids asked for more of the fruit salad, so I'll be doing that b/c I still have some of the ingredients left. And broccoli finally went over $1/lb, so my kids get a respite as we have 29 cents/lb cabbage, 49 cents/lb carrots, and 28 cents/ear corn, plus the fruit salad and some other foods...here's the plan...

Sun (St Pat's) - Corned Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Cabbage, Come Y Bebe Fruit Salad
Mon - Garlic Herb Chicken Breast, Buttered Corn on the Cob, Blueberry Muffins, Come Y Bebe Smoothies (just add ice and blend it - it's perfect)
Tues - Meatloaf, Cheesy Grits, Roasted Carrots, Strawberries
Wed - Soft Beef Tacos with Dressed Cabbage Topping, Blackberries and Blueberries
Thurs - All-beef hot dogs, Baked Fries, Last of the berries with sliced nectarines (this day has become my "mystery or use up meat" day before a meatless Friday b/c I figure small packages have no leftovers, and we can sacrifice going into Friday)
Fri - Homemade Pizzas (I have some refrigerated pillsbury crust to use), Salad Bag, Smoothie with any fruit left
Sat - OUT (son's birthday)

Wow.. I haven’t posted in this thread for a LONG time. We just moved homes and it feels like it’s been months of worrying and planning and errands and packing and painting and cleaning and then the move itself. Eating at home went right out the window. I did a full grocery shop for the first time in at least three weeks today and we are finally starting to settle in, so we will be eating at home from now until forever.

Today : Grilled cheese and soup
Monday: Pork Schnitzel ( fish for the non pork eaters) , pan fried potatoes and onions , b sprouts
Tuesday: Breakfast for dinner ..omelettes, pancakes , fruit
Wednesday: Crockpot chili and homemade bread
Thursday : Meatball subs
Friday : TBD
Saturday : Homemade pizzas and salad

Saturday: Buffalo Chicken nachos
Sunday: Baked Chicken thighs, Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Dijon mustard sauce
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Broccoli, potato, chicken sausage casserole
Wednesday: Cabbage, chicken sausage
Thursday: Spaghetti, garlic bread
Friday: Leftovers

I've been testing the waters of the Skinnytaste menu plans for the last couple of weeks, and so far my family seems to really like the recipes!

Breakfasts - yogurt with fruit, nuts and honey/homemade bagels with cream cheese, tomato and cucumber/veggie fritatta
Lunches - Lemon dill chicken salad/chickpea tuna salad/veggie soup
Dinners: (M) pork chops w/roasted veggies (T) Chicken enchiladas (W) Dinner out, mom/kids date! (TH) Veggie soup and garlic knots (F) Homemade pizza (Sa) dinner at in laws (Su) Leftovers/clean out the fridge night

I had two carry over meals from last week to do this week.

Wednesday:
Alfredo Chicken Pasta
Garlic Toast

Thursday:
Veggie Beef Soup
Cornbread

Friday:
Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Saturday:
Chicken Paprikas
Egg Noogles
Fried Okra

Sunday:
Porcupine Meatballs
Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli

Monday:
Smoked Sausage Hash
French Style Green Beans

Taco Tuesday:
Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
Mixed Fruit

I've been testing the waters of the Skinnytaste menu plans for the last couple of weeks, and so far my family seems to really like the recipes!
I LOVE Skinnytaste. I won't use her menu plans because of my food restrictions, but I use her recipes in my own plans all the time. For example, this week my breakfast, lunch, and mid week dinner will all be her recipes.

Breakfast: Broccoli and cheese quiche
Lunch: Food cart style chicken on pita with roasted asparagus
Dinner:
Tonight - Frozen pizza
Sunday- Pot Roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions
Monday- L/O
Tuesday- L/O
Wednesday- L/O
Thursday- Honey siracha salmon, rice, broccoli
Friday- L/O

So, the Friday night soup ideas were a wild success - even though I tripled my savory recipe and mad enough sweet for 75 shooters, I came home with no mac and cheese and no come y bebe shooters (Ecuadorian fruit salad/soup with papaya, banana, pineapple, orange juice, and sweetner) - I had two of the 4 "sell outs" items, so I guess they tasted good (especially the fruit, which went 1st on a day that hit 80 degrees:)...the only meal I didn't make was the Corned Beef, subbing in baked chicken thighs, but keeping the sides, so we are starting St Pat's with that:)...

So, now the new plan - the kids asked for more of the fruit salad, so I'll be doing that b/c I still have some of the ingredients left. And broccoli finally went over $1/lb, so my kids get a respite as we have 29 cents/lb cabbage, 49 cents/lb carrots, and 28 cents/ear corn, plus the fruit salad and some other foods...here's the plan...

Sun (St Pat's) - Corned Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Cabbage, Come Y Bebe Fruit Salad
Mon - Garlic Herb Chicken Breast, Buttered Corn on the Cob, Blueberry Muffins, Come Y Bebe Smoothies (just add ice and blend it - it's perfect)
Tues - Meatloaf, Cheesy Grits, Roasted Carrots, Strawberries
Wed - Soft Beef Tacos with Dressed Cabbage Topping, Blackberries and Blueberries
Thurs - All-beef hot dogs, Baked Fries, Last of the berries with sliced nectarines (this day has become my "mystery or use up meat" day before a meatless Friday b/c I figure small packages have no leftovers, and we can sacrifice going into Friday)
Fri - Homemade Pizzas (I have some refrigerated pillsbury crust to use), Salad Bag, Smoothie with any fruit left
Sat - OUT (son's birthday)

I didn't make the tacos this week, b/c I pulled out a pork tenderloin instead, but other than that, we mostly stuck to the plan. This week, we have another Lenten dinner on Friday to which to bring soup (and it will be a fruit one...and maybe a 2nd, but I only promised one), and I have some kids eating dinner elsewhere Monday. I also got to stock up on the new HMart produce deals (99 cent strawberries, giant scallions, and yu choy, 88 cent tomatoes/lb and avocados, 79 cent red leaf lettuce bunches and English cucumbers, and 49 cent carrots, japanese eggplant, and radish and radish greens), so I'll be integrating them and using up some of the leftover produce from this week...

Sun - Korean Chicken and Veg Stew (gonna throw some white kimchi in here with the veg and marinated chicken thigh), White Rice, Strawberries
Mon - CLTA's - Baked Breaded Chicken Patties Sandwiches with Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, and Mayo (figured I'd try a new spin from BLTAs), Baked Fries, Red Grapes and Bananas
Tues - Marinated Turkey Tenderloin, Buttered Corn off the Cob, Roasted Honey and Balsamic Carrots, Strawberries and Bananas
Wed - Soft Beef Tacos with Lettuce, Salsa, Guacamole, and Cheese, Apple Slices, Blueberry Cornbread Muffins
Thurs - Asian Marinated Baked Chicken Breast, Asian Cucumber Dill Salad, Veg Fried Rice, Last of Berries
Fri - Fruit Soup (gonna buy fruit that day, so flavor TBD - gonna be Mango Coconut with Kiwi Floater or Strawberry Banana Soup with Diced Strawberry)
Sat - OUT

So, for the chicken and veg stew, ended up filling the 6 quart crockpot with 2.2 lbs of the Korean-marinated chicken, 2 TBSP country kimchi (to get rid of it), 1/4 green cabbage head, 2 dongchimi radish with their greens, 1 lb Japanese eggplant, 1/2 lb carrots, 3 stalks celery, and a giant scallion bunch (equivalent of 2 large onions but with greens and whites). I added salt and pepper and will do a cornstarch slurry at the end. To feed 6 plus have leftovers for the spouse and I, I'm adding 2 bags of microwave rice and 1 lb of strawberries. Total cost for the meal is $5.50 chicken, $.50 kimchi, $.20 cabbage, $.80 radish AND greens (never waste them:)), $.50 eggplant, $.25 carrots, $.25 celery, $.99 scallion, $.99 strawberries, and $2.50 rice plus $.10 cornstarch and s&p for about $12.50 total (using the carryover deals from last week and this week's new produce deals). The veg bomb stews tend to be one of my most cost-effective and healthy meals (and if we didn't have evening Church, and I needed food on the table in 5 minutes, it could probably be done for about $10.50 if I made my own white rice from my giant bin:))...

Last edited:
I have two fully packed freezers of food bought on sale or with coupons. So packed that I literally have no room to freeze anything else. I am putting myself in a budget!! I basically plan on limiting my grocery spending to $15 a week at aldis for things like milk, produce or eggs. I need to eat the stuff out of my freezers and pantry!! I plan on doing this for the next 30 days!!

I am a bariatric patient. Had my surgery two years ago. I eat low carb. I even have my protein stockpiled. When I cook I make a protein and a veggie and then make a starch on the side for my fiancee. He is very fortunate as he can eat anything and not gain an ounce. During the day I have my protein shakes/protein bars/protein meals. I want to use those up too.
Going to post my menu even if it is only a few days at a time!

Tonight
He is going to have chicken cordon blue, leftover broccoli cheese rice, and cucumber salad. I am going to have veggie burgers on a lettuce bun with pickle onion sugar free catsup mustard and sliced tomato.

tomorrow
making a turkey breast in the crockpot with steamed broccoli. Mashed potatoes will be on the side.

Friday
He will be eating leftover hamburger stroganoff. I will be having an omlette with lots of veggies and low fat cheese.

Saturday
low carb casserole using the turkey breast and frozen broccoli from the freezer. Pete will be having seasoned rice on the side.seasoned

Sunday
Baked salmon, oven roasted asparagus, baked potato for him.

Monday
Crockpot low carb stuffed peppers, mashed potato for him

Tuesday
Fried rice with diced turkey breast instead of chicken. I will just have some turkey with leftover veggies or a salad.

Doing good so far. Have not gone to the grocery store this week so far. Sticking to my $15 limit per week but haven't spent any $$ yet. We are running low on butter/margarine and might need to get milk. Aldis has stick margarine very cheep.

Had a the turkey breast dinner last night. I put aside another meals worth of turkey for the casserole. If there is not enough turkey left for the fried rice I'll just roast some chicken thighs I have in the freezer for the fried rice. Made turkey soup out of the rest of the breast and have three containers. That is in the freezer ( so much for emptying the freezer lol). One good thing about the soup is that is at least I have three meals I don't have to worry about cooking really.

My sister came over unexpectedly for dinner along with her kids. Tonight I warmed up the stroganoff for my sister and fiancee. her kids had breakfast for dinner with me (I had my omlette as planned- made them cheesy eggs, bagels, milk, and grapes). I might be switching Saturdays menu with Sundays. My grandchildren are coming over Sunday and my grandson would do better with the turkey casserole than baked salmon. Hope everyone is having a good evening!!!

Last edited:
I love scallops, but they cost a lot when you go out to eat. And you're lucky to get five.

Instead, I buy them at Costco and cook them at home. What's wonderful is that they take very little prep, and they're very fast to cook. You basically dethaw in the fridge over night, rinse and pat dry with a towel, salt and pepper and then sear on each side for 1.5-2 minutes. I sear them in a skillet with unsalted butter and olive oil. Both are cheaper to buy in bulk at Costco.

For a side dish, I'll either cook rice in the rice cooker or sear some asparagus.

I didn't make the tacos this week, b/c I pulled out a pork tenderloin instead, but other than that, we mostly stuck to the plan. This week, we have another Lenten dinner on Friday to which to bring soup (and it will be a fruit one...and maybe a 2nd, but I only promised one), and I have some kids eating dinner elsewhere Monday. I also got to stock up on the new HMart produce deals (99 cent strawberries, giant scallions, and yu choy, 88 cent tomatoes/lb and avocados, 79 cent red leaf lettuce bunches and English cucumbers, and 49 cent carrots, japanese eggplant, and radish and radish greens), so I'll be integratiSun - Korean Chicken and Veg Stew (gonna throw some white kimchi in here with the veg and mar
I love scallops, but they cost a lot when you go out to eat. And you're lucky to get five.

Instead, I buy them at Costco and cook them at home. What's wonderful is that they take very little prep, and they're very fast to cook. You basically dethaw in the fridge over night, rinse and pat dry with a towel, salt and pepper and then sear on each side for 1.5-2 minutes. I sear them in a skillet with unsalted butter and olive oil. Both are cheaper to buy in bulk at Costco.

For a side dish, I'll either cook rice in the rice cooker or sear some asparagus.[/QUOTE

Love how you are.incorporating produce that is on.sale into.your menus!!! I am going to use that tip!!!

Long time no post. I have been doing very well eating at home. It has been a year since I started my 9-to-5 job and that has made a huge difference. I also stopped planning each day and I just make a list of six meals and cross them off as I use them. That has helped dramatically. I also make enough for dinner to take for lunch the next day and the seventh meal is usually something easy like grilled and tomato soup, salad, frozen pizza, etc

Here is my plan for this week
Chicken wings with sweet potato fries and zucchini fries
Cheese tortellini with chicken sausage zucchini and tomatoes
Homemade turkey meatballs with spaghetti squash
Orange chicken stir fry
Mississippi pork roast with mashed potatoes
Taco salad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!