Eat at Home 3!

Unfortunately I have been sick for a few days so everyone is pretty much on their own.
Saturday: Pesto, sun dried tomato, pita pizzas
Sunday: I was really sick on Mother's day so everyone just ate what they wanted and I did not eat.
Monday: Mom still sick so dh grilled steak and that is all they ate
Tuesday: Baked Chicken legs, mashed potatoes, fruit and dip
Wednesday: Brats, roasted cabbage, chips
Thursday: Pesto Pasta
Friday: Leftovers

I am changing things around and ordering a pizza tonight so I can use the rest of the leftover enchiladas for lunches instead of the salad I am supposed to have. Seems my body does not like digesting large salads, especially those made of mostly cabbage and other high fiber items. Plus, pizza sounds really damn good and I am doing Intuitive Eating so decided to go with it.

Need to sit down and plan next week's meals. Tonight we have having leftover beef stew and some buttermilk biscuits.

I am changing things around and ordering a pizza tonight so I can use the rest of the leftover enchiladas for lunches instead of the salad I am supposed to have. Seems my body does not like digesting large salads, especially those made of mostly cabbage and other high fiber items. Plus, pizza sounds really damn good and I am doing Intuitive Eating so decided to go with it.
Pizza does sound good! I have the ingredients for it. Maybe I'll put it on my meal.plan this week

Sunday - Creamy white bean and spinach quesadillas
Monday- Fish Tacos with citrus slaw
Tuesday - Avocado and cherry tomato pasta with garlic bread
Wednesday - Vegetarian Shepard’s Pie
Thursday - Lentil Curry over Basmati Rice
Friday - Homemade Pizzas
Saturday - Spicy Lentil Soup with homemade bread

I still have to make next week plans...but we had lunch out today, so I made scrambled eggs, country potatoes, strawberries and blueberries, and fake orange julius smoothies for dinner. Since this month and next month will be expensive, I can see scrambled eggs with potatoes and fruit on our menu every week for the next few b/c my kids love it and my local HMart is selling a dozen jumbo eggs for 50 cents til June 21...that's crazy pricing, and it's almost like I have to make them (I mean dinner tonight for 6 probably cost me $5 total...and the eggs were the cheapest part, even though I made 18 of them...and had the equivalent of 1 left over, so it was the perfect amount:))...

DH and I had leftovers one night last week so I have one carryover meal this week. First grilling Sunday of the season too so I'll have meats for the week already made.

Sun: burgers and fries
Mon: peanut chicken with peas and jasmine rice
Tue: grilled orange turkey with smashed potatoes
Wed: honey mustard pork chops with broccoli and rolls
Thu: grilled chicken salad
Fri: bbq pork mini pizzas (toppings to fit everyone's personal tastes)
Sat: out to eat after DS's GF's graduation

So, I did get TWO gorgeous fondues on Mother's Day - 1 cheese and 1 chocolate...and now, I've made plans to make sure we don't waste the leftovers...so here's the week:)...

Sun - 4 Cheese and White Wine Fondue with Sirloin Steak Dippers, Roasted Baby Gold Potato Dippers, French Bread, Apples, and Red Grapes (huge hit with the wine based fondue)...and Chocolate Fondue with Strawberries, Pineapple, Bananas, Marshmallows, and Graham Crackers (kids used them to make smores - I avoided:))
Mon - All-Beef Hot Dogs with Cheese Sauce, Baked Cheese Fries (so double use of the fondue), Iceberg Salad with Celery, Mint, and Fennel, and Bleuberries/Strawberries
Tues - Beef and Sausage Meatloaf, Garlic Bread, Caprese Salad (Tomatoes, Fresh Mozz, Garden Basil, Balsamic and EVOO), Kiwi/Strawberries/Blueberries
Wed - Cheesy Loaded Potato Soup (rest of fondue, onion, celery, carrots, fried onions on top), Grapes/Apples
Thurs - Sausage Fennel White Wine Pasta (something like this - https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/rigatoni-with-sausage-and-fennel-3753750), Green Leaf and Iceberg Salad
Fri - Frozen Food Night - I did not use last week's frozen meal, so that's back on the list with fruit smoothies
Sat - OUT

PS - I'm planning to make a pavlova or a fool this week for a dessert with fresh fruit (I have a ton)...not sure what day, but it should be fun (both are 1sts for me:))...

I did a good job sticking to the whole plan last week, so now it's on to the new plan:)...I'm giving myself a mini-break, since I bought 2 onsale rotisserie chickens today (if you offer me under $5 on a weekend, I'm in:)...here's the plan...

Sun - Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches with Green and Red Leaf Lettuce on Rosemary Croissants ($1.99 for 12 at the store bakery - baked too many, so I'm in:)), Strawberries and Blackberries, Banana Choco Muffins
Mon (2 kids eating elsewhere, so simple plan) - All Beef Hot Dogs, Coleslaw, Strawberries and Bananas
Tues - Chicken Pot Pie Casserole (last of last week's fennel, celery, carrots, onion with whatever rotisserie chicken isn't eaten by then - got a cheap European pie crust today, so want to see how this works), Clementines
Wed - Year Ending Choir BBQ - I'm gonna bring either a fruit tray or rice krispie treats or both...but they haven't sent sign ups, so this is still TBD
Thurs - Steak Fajitas, Homemade Guacamole and Chips, Red Grapes and Apple Slices
Fri - Pasta Night (lots of clearanced pasta today for 66 cents/lb, so I'm gonna make one of the types I got) - this will probably be Spaghetti and Meatballs with Smoothies, but I might make Lasagna since I did get some of that, and it's been a loooong time:)...
Sat - Cheap Domino's Night at the Pool (should be $5.99 for 2 topping larges, so we'll do that with some fresh fruit and have a nice opening pool day:))...

Ugh. Broken dishwasher. We have to eat at home for the next few days for food management (I try to not throw food away). It'll take a couple of weeks to get the one we want delivered, though, so after these next few days, we're sticking to premade and/or takeout.

Monday: seafood Korean soft tofu soup
Tuesday: Spaghetti with meat sauce and salad
Wednesday: Hatch chili brats, German potato salad, regular salad
And then various premade stuff. I found a Mexican market that sells premade salsas and lots of premarinated meats. Probably will try their carne asada.

Ugh. Broken dishwasher. We have to eat at home for the next few days for food management (I try to not throw food away). It'll take a couple of weeks to get the one we want delivered, though, so after these next few days, we're sticking to premade and/or takeout.

Monday: seafood Korean soft tofu soup
Tuesday: Spaghetti with meat sauce and salad
Wednesday: Hatch chili brats, German potato salad, regular salad
And then various premade stuff. I found a Mexican market that sells premade salsas and lots of premarinated meats. Probably will try their carne asada.

If you don't use them already, you might want to switch to paper cups and plates (and let yourself keep cooking a little). For me, it's far easier to hand wash a pot/pan, cutting board, a bowl, and spoonula vs 18 plates and cups for the day:)...and limited cooking would save the take out costs - chips, fresh fruit, and/or veg sticks and dip (carrots/celery/cucumber/peppers/etc) could accompany hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, fajitas, BLTs, baked chicken sandwiches, etc:)...simple food, almost no cooking, probably healthier than take out and probably cheaper, too:)...

Saturday: 7 layer dip and fruit
Sunday: Whole chicken, carrots, mashed potatoes
Monday: Brown rice, broccoli, Ham casserole
Tuesday: Spicy Chicken, Cole slaw
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Frozen Pizza
Friday: Steak fajitas

Wednesday: (carry over)
Ham and Broccoli Quiche
Fresh Pineapple

Thursday:
Dinner at in-law's House

Friday: (carry over)
Chicken Pho

Saturday:
Grilled Salmon
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Mixed Squash

Sunday:
We will be in North Carolina with DH's Grandma

Monday:
Grilled Pork Chops
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw

Taco Tuesday:
BBQ Chicken Tacos
Ranch Style Beans

Doing good so far this week. Sunday made fried chicken. Monday had baked salmon. Tuesday we had sausage and peppers. Yesterday we reheated fried chicken leftovers. Tonight I made Bolognese sauce. Tomorrow fiancee is cooking. Saturday and Sunday going to make a pork tenderloin and chicken pot pie that I have in the freezer.

I am struggling! My energy levels are so horrible that by the time I get home i don't even want to look at the stove, much less actually cook. I am spending WAY too much money eating out and I need to figure out a solution to that. Not only for my wallet, but for my health.

I have an Instant Pot and am going to focus on easy meals like sandwiches, salads, stir fries, Asian noodles, curries. I just have no idea how to MAKE myself do it.

I am struggling! My energy levels are so horrible that by the time I get home i don't even want to look at the stove, much less actually cook. I am spending WAY too much money eating out and I need to figure out a solution to that. Not only for my wallet, but for my health.

I have an Instant Pot and am going to focus on easy meals like sandwiches, salads, stir fries, Asian noodles, curries. I just have no idea how to MAKE myself do it.

Is it just for you or for family, too?

I have a lot of tricks that work for make ahead or make in 10 minutes for summer since we are at the pool a lot...it's a great time for "out of the fridge" and "in a bagel/bread/bun":)...

Something I've come up with that works well especially in the summer (since it takes little effort and doesn't heat up the kitchen) is grilling a bunch of different meats on Sundays- or whatever day works for you- then suing them up during the week with easy to throw together meals like salads, sandwiches, tacos, or stovetop meals. If you're just cooking for yourself you could potentially stretch it to only having to do the "big cooking" every 2-3 weeks. even if you don't grill, just baking or cooking in your instant pot on one day will allow you to spend less time doing it after work. You could also make multiple meals and freeze to take out later. Good luck!

One day last week DS2 ended up working a split shift double and I felt sick that night so DH had leftovers. I had already made the meal in the morning before work though, so that mean one carryover for this week.
Sun- GF2's graduation party during the day (her mom's doing baked ziti and a bunch of other stuff) and if we're not too full we'll do burgers for dinner
Mon- hot dogs, baked beans, and blueberries & strawberries
Tue- grilled honey mustard pork chops with broccoli and cheesy garlic bread
Wed- grilled sausage spaghetti
Thu- chicken taco salad
Fri- meatloaf with mashed potatoes
Sat- eat out after church

I did a good job sticking to the whole plan last week, so now it's on to the new plan:)...I'm giving myself a mini-break, since I bought 2 onsale rotisserie chickens today (if you offer me under $5 on a weekend, I'm in:)...here's the plan...

Sun - Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches with Green and Red Leaf Lettuce on Rosemary Croissants ($1.99 for 12 at the store bakery - baked too many, so I'm in:)), Strawberries and Blackberries, Banana Choco Muffins
Mon (2 kids eating elsewhere, so simple plan) - All Beef Hot Dogs, Coleslaw, Strawberries and Bananas
Tues - Chicken Pot Pie Casserole (last of last week's fennel, celery, carrots, onion with whatever rotisserie chicken isn't eaten by then - got a cheap European pie crust today, so want to see how this works), Clementines
Wed - Year Ending Choir BBQ - I'm gonna bring either a fruit tray or rice krispie treats or both...but they haven't sent sign ups, so this is still TBD
Thurs - Steak Fajitas, Homemade Guacamole and Chips, Red Grapes and Apple Slices
Fri - Pasta Night (lots of clearanced pasta today for 66 cents/lb, so I'm gonna make one of the types I got) - this will probably be Spaghetti and Meatballs with Smoothies, but I might make Lasagna since I did get some of that, and it's been a loooong time:)...
Sat - Cheap Domino's Night at the Pool (should be $5.99 for 2 topping larges, so we'll do that with some fresh fruit and have a nice opening pool day:))...

I did really well this week, although I changed Thursday up and did a Mussels and Eggplant pasta dish (with artichokes, tomatoes, capers, white wine, and 2 types of onion) that was WILDLY popular...I used an Italian recipe as a base idea, and then just made it the way I wanted...and it worked (my son thought it was the best pasta dish ever b/c he's the mussel lover, and I've never done a mussel pasta, just a clam one...so he was in heaven)...but that means, I can do fajitas this week b/c no one's sick of them, so here's the plan...Aldi's deals figured heavily in this one b/c they had the "best deals for my family" this week:)...and the pool opens this week, so we're heading into quick and easy meal nights:)...

Sun - Steak Fajitas, Homemade Guac and Chips, Strawberries/Blueberries
Mon - Pool Party - I'm bringing a homemade fruit tray with watermelon, strawberries, cherries, and blueberries...and they'll serve burgers and dogs and have other sides
Tues - Sloppy Joes, Coleslaw, Mango slices
Wed - All Beef Hot Dogs, Baked Fries, Mango/banana/berries
Thurs - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Homemade Tomato Soup, Red Leaf Lettuce/Cucumber/Carrot Salad
Fri - Frozen dinner night - I got a steal of Aldi thin crust fancy pizzas and I still have some stouffer's mac and cheese, so I'll probably do this with some fresh fruit smoothies, and any salad or soup leftover
Sat - OUT (gonna be date night for my spouse and I b/c we haven't done a "pay" night in awhile, b/c our last 2 dates were free latte nights at DD's with our TMobile phones...so it's time to have a nice meal again...kids will get fast food somewhere)...

Is it just for you or for family, too?

I have a lot of tricks that work for make ahead or make in 10 minutes for summer since we are at the pool a lot...it's a great time for "out of the fridge" and "in a bagel/bread/bun":)...

It is just me, which I think is part of the problem. If I had someone else to cook for or with, I think I would be more likely to do it. I would love to know some of your tricks!

Something I've come up with that works well especially in the summer (since it takes little effort and doesn't heat up the kitchen) is grilling a bunch of different meats on Sundays- or whatever day works for you- then suing them up during the week with easy to throw together meals like salads, sandwiches, tacos, or stovetop meals. If you're just cooking for yourself you could potentially stretch it to only having to do the "big cooking" every 2-3 weeks. even if you don't grill, just baking or cooking in your instant pot on one day will allow you to spend less time doing it after work. You could also make multiple meals and freeze to take out later. Good luck!

Sadly no grill (not allowed in my apartment complex) and I have a small freezer. I do meal prep my breakfast and lunch every weekend, but thinking I maybe need to do more to prep for dinners so I have less of an excuse. If I cut up my veggies and my meats, even season up the meats so I can just toss them right in, I think that would help a bunch alone. I usually only cook like 3x a week (one big meal on the weekends and then 2 smaller meals during the week). But especially by the end of the week I am just so tired to cook yet so bored with leftovers.

I just stocked up at the Indian and Asian markets today so I can make a bunch of meals with those flavors (and they are often fast and easy). I have plenty of rice and noodles and just put naan and roti in the freezer. Pretty much I could just get away with buying protein and veggies and could make an array of meals (and I even have a ton of fish and shrimp in the freezer, plus some chicken).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts