Eat at Home 3!

Shopping the pantry, trying to avoid the store this week.

Tonight: Chicken marinated in Italian dressing and baked (oldie but a favorite), pasta with cacio e pep sauce, asparagus
Tomorrow: Instapot Mac and cheese, green beans
Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Ground turkey tacos, yellow rice

That's all I've got for now lol

Somehow I missed this week, but we have eaten at home, except for our Xmas feast.

Monday - Beef Brisket Sandwiches, TJ's salad bag, strawberries/blueberries/grapes
Tuesday - Dairy-Free Lasagna, Sourdough Bread with Olive Oil dips, More Strawberries/Blueberries/grapes
Wednesday - Our Chinese feast - Peking Duck was the star, but we splurged and enjoyed
Thursday - Our Chinese feast part 2 - I "refried" the leftover fried and white rice and I made a golden berry/blueberry/pineapple/banana/mango smoothie to have with the rest of the leftovers - just as good the 2nd day as the 1st, and now I have the leftovers gone, and the bones and leftover sauces to make my peking duck broth today
Friday - Aldi's Chicken Fries, Sunflower Seed Salad Bag, Strawberries and Bananas, Last of Sourdough and more olive oil dips
Saturday - OUT (we have a Groupon expiring 1/2 to a hibachi place and it's not good on holidays, so Saturday it is)

We had a beautiful smoked salmon bagel, cheese and cracker, and fruit tray for Xmas lunch...I'm redoing that today, thus, why dinner is out of a bag:)...well, that, and we are using a Groupon for the kids to play laser tag this afternoon:)...

Trying to get back on the eat at home wagon. So for this week:
Breakfast: Frozen egg white, cheese, and ham english muffin sandwiches
Lunch: Frozen meals with extra veggies
Dinner:
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday/Monday - Chicken and Veggie Lo Mein
Tuesday - Charcuterie board
Wednesday/Thursday - Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
Friday - Shrimp Pad Thai

The following week when my schedule returns to normal, I will be starting my new meal prep. Instead of making 1 meal for breakfast and lunches and eating it every day, I will be making some basics that I can then combine to make new meals daily. So I am excited to start that!

Okay, 1st half of shopping done, so I have a semi-plan for this week:)...here's what I have...

Sun - Homemade Beef and Black Bean Chili, Chips, Clementines
Monday - Korean BiBimBop Pork and Veg Crockpot Stew (Flat Cabbage, Baby Radish and Greens, Carrots, Celery, Onions...and maybe Sweet Potato) over Rice, Homemade Banana Bread
Tuesday (NYE) - Homemade Pizzas, Shrimp Cocktail, Roasted Veg and Mustard Aoili Dip, Fruited Punch
Wednesday (Adult Murder Mystery Party) - I have to bring a Tequila Lime Fruit Salad, the Taco Meat/Shredded Lettuce/Shredded Cheese/Homemade Guac for our Walk-Around Tacos (we are doing Woodstock as the theme from the box), and the beer and homemade sangria - kids will have the tacos and salad here
Thursday - Leftovers from the NYE and NY's Parties, Fruit Smoothies
Friday - Frozen Food Night - Leaning to Aldi's Chicken Fries, Baked Fries, Green Salad, Remaining Fruit
Saturday - OUT (I have promised a Ramen outing during Xmas break, and this is probably the last chance, so it will be Groupon night)...

In an attempt to clean out the pantry (I’ve been very unsuccessful), I’ve made a monthly plan to use stuff up. I think this will 100% clear our chest freezer so I can defrost it. And my pantry is one of those tall deep cabinet things that I can’t see in. I’m going to pull all of January’s pantry items into a laundry basket and attempt to use the rest for breakfasts and lunches. Wish me luck lol

January meal plan. I’ll just buy vegetables as needed to go with the mains.
  1. Beef spaghetti
  2. Taco soup
  3. Beef tacos crunchy
  4. Beef tacos soft
  5. Hamburger steak with mushroom gravy
  6. Meatloaf
  7. Beef broccoli
  8. Chicken parmigiana
  9. Chicken salad green salad
  10. Chicken chili
  11. Tiki Masala
  12. Tandoori chicken legs
  13. Chicken quesadillas
  14. Creamy lemon chicken
  15. Thai coconut chicken
  16. Sticky wings
  17. Chicken broccoli
  18. Pork dumplings
  19. Pork dumplings
  20. Pork dumplings
  21. Wonton soup, egg roll bowl
  22. Italian sausage spaghetti
  23. Breakfast
  24. Quiche
  25. Alfredo
  26. Pizza
  27. Pizza
  28. Soup beans, ham, onion
  29. White beans, ham, onion
  30. Loaded potato soup
  31. Black bean soup

Last edited:
Sunday - Red Robin to celebrate sons birthday
Monday - Enchilada chicken and refried beans
Tuesday - Chicken tender salad
Wednesday- Roasted cabbage with Dijon sauce, hamburgers
Thursday- hard tacos
Friday- homemade pizza

Got the rest of the week all set yay!!! Also booked a trip to Argentina, and probably booking a trip to Portland for April, so every time BF talks about wanting to go out, I remind him of all of our travel coming up, lol:woohoo:

Tonight: grilling marinated steaks, waffle fries, green beans
Tomorrow: Chicken marinated with this marinade (link) never tried it before, but I have all ingredients on hand, so why not?:cool1:, scalloped potatoes, salad
Thursday: Leftovers, I work late so I'll eat there BF will eat at home
Friday: Homemade pizza, Caesar salad
Saturday: White chicken chili from the freezer (I work all day and so does BF so we won't want to be cooking)
Sunday: TJ's gnocchi alla fiorentina, the rest of the salad

Phew, I am ready to get back to some ROUTINE!! The holidays were great, but glad to move on!

Tonight:
Chili Dogs
Chips

Saturday:
Jambalaya

Sunday:
Italian Beef (made with venison)
Salad

Monday:
Detox Chicken Soup
Crackers

Taco Tuesday:
Taco Pasta
Oven Roasted Corn

Trying some new recipes this week to hopefully increase my veggie intake and keep grocery budget low!

Saturday: Baked Chicken Legs, Balsamic roasted mushrooms, Kale & Herb Mashed Potatoes
Sunday: Turkey enchiladas, homemade pinto beans
Monday: Sweet and Sour Cauliflower Bites, Brown Rice
Tuesday: Buffalo Chicken, Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Wednesday: Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
Thursday: Pasta with meat sauce (zucchini noodles for me), garlic bread
Friday: Lentil taco salad for me, quesadillas for dd

I did pretty good this week! I did eat out for lunch today because I couldn't have what I have prepped. I had gotten one of those bertolli frozen bagged meals (and some frozen veggies), made that, and divided it into 2 containers. However, about 15 minutes after I ate it yesterday, I had some BAD stomach issues. Got home, took the bag out of the trash, and sure enough there is soy in the ingredients. I am allergic. Usually I am so good about checking but this one made it through. Also ended up with a rash under my jaw, on my neck, and on my arms.

So here is my new plan for this week. I am starting a new type of meal prep for lunches as well!
Breakfast: Oatmeal with toppings (I will have frozen fruit, banana, peanut butter, almond butter, nuts, and almond milk all available so I can mix things up)
Lunch: I am prepping chicken breasts, salmon, rice, sweet potatoes, soba noodles, spinach, beets, brussels sprouts, and bell peppers. This will be made into different options each night for the next day. For example, I am doing salmon over a cold soba noodles salad (with peppers, cucumber, spinach, and sweet potatoes) with a thai peanut sauce on Monday.
Dinner:
Saturday: Parmesan crusted tilapia and roasted zucchini
Sunday-Wednesday: Baked ziti, garlic bread, side salad
Thursday-Friday: Chicken curry (red or yellow) with rice

I did pretty good this week! I did eat out for lunch today because I couldn't have what I have prepped. I had gotten one of those bertolli frozen bagged meals (and some frozen veggies), made that, and divided it into 2 containers. However, about 15 minutes after I ate it yesterday, I had some BAD stomach issues. Got home, took the bag out of the trash, and sure enough there is soy in the ingredients. I am allergic. Usually I am so good about checking but this one made it through. Also ended up with a rash under my jaw, on my neck, and on my arms.

So here is my new plan for this week. I am starting a new type of meal prep for lunches as well!
Breakfast: Oatmeal with toppings (I will have frozen fruit, banana, peanut butter, almond butter, nuts, and almond milk all available so I can mix things up)
Lunch: I am prepping chicken breasts, salmon, rice, sweet potatoes, soba noodles, spinach, beets, brussels sprouts, and bell peppers. This will be made into different options each night for the next day. For example, I am doing salmon over a cold soba noodles salad (with peppers, cucumber, spinach, and sweet potatoes) with a thai peanut sauce on Monday.
Dinner:
Saturday: Parmesan crusted tilapia and roasted zucchini
Sunday-Wednesday: Baked ziti, garlic bread, side salad
Thursday-Friday: Chicken curry (red or yellow) with rice

I hear you about things slipping through...had that happen for a product a few weeks ago and kicked myself - I didn't notice it had a milk product b/c it didn't have the glaring warning (but if I had focused closer on the ingredients, I'd have seen it)...thankfully, I hadn't eaten it, and my kids were happy to eat it without me, but I felt like an idiot b/c I always check...and I thought I had checked (now, if I'm buying something new, I try to have my spouse double check me, especially if I'm rushing through the trip)...

I'll have my plans after shopping Sunday...I have stayed on task this week, helped by my daughter making scratch "retro" bread recipes from the 1950's...they actually turned out even with the hand kneading...now, the 4 hours of using my kitchen won't work once we're back to activities next week, but it was nice while it lasted...

PS - And had to feel a little bad at our new year's mystery party when I couldn't try a friend's dessert...she had thought she'd made it dairy free, but she used nutella. She was so used to nut butters not having milk, she hadn't even thought to look at the nutella...I was glad I asked what was it it before I took it, and I tried to tell her not to worry about it b/c we had a 2nd person bring dessert, but I don't think my efforts fully made her feel better...

12/30 - Roasted chicken/potatoes/green beans
12/31 - Hibachi At Kobe ( we’ve done Habachi for New Year’s Eve since 1996) .
1/1 Blackeyed peas, green beans, fried chicken, left over baked ham, cornbread, jasmine rice
1/2 left overs
1/3 chili
1/4 I cooked from the freezer - filet mignon (on sale) garlic butter mushrooms, garlic butter sautéed Langostino (Aldi) , roasted broccoli, leftover potato casserole. Yum!
1/5 Dinner at daughter’s future in-laws.

I've only done produce shopping, so I don't have a full plan...but here's what I have (strawberries were on a great sale, so we're having them:))

Sun - Thai Green Curry Chicken and Veg Crockpot Stew (Bone-in Skinless Chicken Thighs with Carrots, Zucchini, Baby Radish and Greens, Onions, Green Onions, Cilantro) over Rice with Strawberries and Kiwi
Mon - All-Beef Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Strawberries and Bananas
Tues - Buffalo Baked Chicken Breast Tenders, Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower, Clementines/Pineapple/Kiwi/Strawberry Salad
Wed - Turkey Tenderloins, Double Onion and Mushroom Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Thurs - Probably Spaghetti and Meatballs with Green Salad and Garlic Bread, but this might change
Fri - Leftovers or Boxed Meal with Fruit Smoothies - Right now, if we have nothing left, I'll be doing boxed dairy and dairy free mac and cheese
Sat - OUT

Back from the store, shopped sales, and ready to go!

Tomorrow: buffalo chicken strips, waffle fries
Tuesday: Cheese enchilada roja, yellow rice
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: This will be the LONGEST day for both of us, so frozen pizza for the win
Friday: Sweedish meatballs and egg noodles (freezing some meatballs for later)
Saturday: Lentil soup ( trying this for the 1st time ), Chocolate chip cookie dough sandwiches for dessert
Sunday: Leftovers, with carrots and veggie dip if needed.

This time last year I was eating very few carbs and lots of veggies. I am not on track right now but plan to get back on track after our MLK weekend to WDW.

Mon - 1/6 My version of chicken cordon bleu, green beans and rice.
Tues - 1/7 Cheeseburgers and Tater tots ( 🙄 😞)
Wed - 1/8 Bacon, eggs, and biscuits ( 😞🙄)
Thurs - 1/9 smoothered pork chops, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans
Friday - 1/10 Homemade pizza
Sat - 1/11 Brunswick stew
Sun - 1/12 Sirloin tip roast, gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans And homemade rolls 4B8CCC45-A437-4064-A2F7-1556C6438E4A.jpeg11D512CA-8D6D-493A-9DBF-985BB90C71D4.jpeg

I'm working today at 2nd job (less than 4 months till retirement!) so I'm just making a creamy chicken and broccoli pasta this morning that we can all re-heat whenever we get ready to eat (DH is off but DS is working too). For the rest of the week I have planned, in no particular order:

apple glazed pork chops with rice (I like to make extra glaze sauce and mix the apples and rice together!)
cashew chicken sandwiches with chips
Cuban wraps with carrots & Ranch
Dijon beef tenderloin with roasted potatoes
taco salad

We've been good about eating at home, but i haven't been good about posting here, and I have slacked off my longer-term meal planning efforts (tracking what is in the freezer/pantry that needs to be used up.) It definitely helps me keep the grocery budget down/variety up when I'm more deliberate about that. Working all weekend this weekend, so no time to do much meal prep for the week.

This week:
Sun- Buffalo chicken salads
Mon- DH is teaching and I may be working late, so my parents are feeding the kids
Tues - Spaghetti & meatballs, zuccini
Weds - pulled pork sandwiches, napa cabbage slaw
Thurs- grilled chicken burritos
Fri- BLTs or chicken salad sandwiches

New to this forum, I’ve been browsing for a while and I want to say thanks for the great ideas! We have a lot of after school activities this week, so I’m cooking most things today and reheating when needed.

This week, in no particular order:
Old cheddar perogies with bacon and sour cream
Roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes and asparagus
Crispy shake n bake chicken drumsticks with cauliflower and asparagus
Leftover turkey dinner with stuffing and veggies
Broccoli cheddar Quiche with salad

It was a rough week here...but eating healthy and at home (and having things I want to eat) has been a godsend...so, here's this week plan, but since it will be another rough week, I may not stick to it...but I'll at least have something I thought would work...

Sun - Korean BBQ Crockpot Beef and Veg (Radish, Radish Greens, Flat Cabbage, Onion, Ginger, Garlic, Cilantro, Shredded Carrot and leftover dying veg - buffalo cauliflower and baked potatoes:)) over Rice with Blackberries and Asian Pear
Mon - BBQ Pork Ribs, Homemade Coleslaw, Dairy-Free Corn Bread, Strawberries and Blackberries
Tues - Chicken Fajitas with Bell Pepper, Onion, and Avocado, Cranberry Persimmon Crisp
Wed - Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Roasted Purple Yams and Orange Sweet Potatoes Glazed in Salt and Honey, More Asian Pears and Bananas
Thurs - Spaghetti and Meatballs in a Veg Sauce with Vegan Pesto added, Green Salad
Fri - Leftovers or Boxed Mac Night with Smoothies (didn't need this meal this week, so I'm rolling it)
Sat - OUT

Back from our monthly BJs run...there are some essentials that we always pick up, and a few things we can add for meals.

Tomorrow: Chicken flautas, yellow rice
Tuesday: Mac and cheese
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Cheese ravioli, meatballs, broccoli
Friday: Buffalo chicken quesadilla (BF bakes it in the oven sandwiched in between 2 baking sheets), chips and guac
Saturday: I have a work event and training clients alllllll day. It'll be leftovers/frozen pizza or a mix or both, I won't want to cook.
Sunday: Out for dinner with a gift card we got for Christmas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!