Eat at Home 3!

I think posting on this thread really helps keep me accountable. We did great last week staying on meals as planned, though we switched days up a bit.

We had pasta with clam sauce on Sunday, white bean soup with greens and tasso on Monday, meatballs with gravy, mashed potatoes and salad on Tuesday, cream of broccoli soup on Wednesday, Thursday was a pantry/freezer night (tacos with ground turkey, Mexican rice). Friday night for Valentine's Day, DH was out of town and DS2 was at a friend's house, so DS1 and I had surf (crab cakes) and turf (we split a piece of NY strip), and salad...a bit of a treat, but we cooked at home and didn't order out though I was very tempted to do so, lol.

This week: Saturday, we'll either use a gift card we have for pizza or cook breakfast for dinner. Sunday, moussaka, salad. Monday - Thursday (any meal, any day), sheet pan chicken with potatoes and asparagus; meatballs with pasta (spaghetti squash for DH and I), salad; chicken with baby tomatoes/olives, toasted baguette, salad; butternut squash soup, cheese and crackers. Friday, pantry/freezer night.

Last edited:
I think posting on this thread really helps keep me accountable. We did great last week staying on meals as planned, though we switched days up a bit.

Agree totally! I am also a visual person...this is posted on our fridge also, and I like that visual reminder. In addition, it takes the stress and guess work out of what is for dinner.

So, this weekend ends the "cabbage" diet here (after I made, I think 25lbs of it, including today's stew:)). My spouse will be making his kimchi tomorrow (or he won't) and the rest of the unused cabbage will head to the earth on Tuesday. This week, Hmart (maybe b/c its an Asian grocery chain with little Asian access right now) had amazing fruit and veg deals for anything not usually dipped in fondue...and Safeway had amazing meat deals...so I am stocked up. My spouse, as he was packing the freezer found my oldest protein, from early summer 2019, so it's hitting the menu this week, b/c first in, first out. Here's the plan...

Sunday - Mesquite BBQ pork loin over a Bibimbop Cabbage and Veg stew (before my Hmart stop, every veg I had left went in this - zucchini, carrot, onion, cilantro, ginger, garlic with another whole napa cabbage head, so I had room for all the new fresh veg deals) and white rice, asian pear slices
Monday - Make-your-own pizzas with bacon, pepperoni, dairy and non-dairy cheese, 2 types of mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers, homemade baba ghanouj with carrots for dipping, last of the fondue's berries
Tuesday - Pan-glazed turkey tenderloin slices, Pepperidge Farm stuffing, Roasted Green Beans with Roasted Onions and 2 types of mushrooms and crispy onions (aka green bean casserole without the creamy glaze), sliced apples and pears
Wednesday - Meatloaf muffins, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Pineapple with Sliced bananas
Thursday - Buffalo chicken tenders, buffalo glazed roasted cauliflower, diced mango with bananas
Friday - Dairy and dairy-free mac and cheese, roasted broccoli, crumbled bacon and extra cheese, Fruit smoothies, Green Salads (with any extra roasted veg)
Saturday - Game night - we'll get the kids a free domino's pizza on my account, and maybe get Subway for us (something light b/c the host puts out heavy junky snacks)...

Wednesday: (carry over from last week, we ended up having leftovers one night to empty the fridge)
Spaghetti
Garlic Toast

Thursday:
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Yeast Rolls

Friday:
Creamed Tuna on Toast (SOS)
Baby Carrots with Ranch

Saturday:
Chicken Pad Thai
Sweet Chili Green Beans

Sunday:
Hamburger Stew
Buttermilk Cornbread

Monday:
Bacon Grilled Cheese
Tator Tots

Taco Tuesday:
Enchilada Pie
Diced Cantaloupe

Last edited:

Saturday: Soft Tacos
Sunday: Lasagna
Monday: Lentil Chili
Tuesday: Ranch Chicken, roasted carrots, fruit salad
Wednesday: Hamburger/Veggie burger, zucchini fritters, fruit salad
Thursday: Apple chicken sausages, roasted brussel sprouts
Friday: Baked chicken legs, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese

I'm tired. Work is still kicking my behind and my grandma has official entered hospice care (at home, but still). Luckily I have a vacation not this weekend but the following. A whole 4 days off. Woohoo! A long weekend is so needed right now.

Breakfasts: Veggie hash with scrambled eggs
Lunches: Grilled veggie and avocado wrap, mediterranean bowl, chickpea salad sandwich, roasted vegetable and couscous salad, and then a coworker has offered to take me out to lunch for my birthday.

Dinners:
Sunday/Monday: Grandma wanted everyone over for pizza and cake for my birthday on Sunday. I got to request a pizza specifically for myself so I am eating leftovers tonight.
Tuesday/Wednesday: Chicken reubens, salad, roasted potatoes
Thursday/Friday: Vegetable Lo Mein

Still trying to get in the groove of this cooking every day lol.

Didn’t cook the pork chops Friday night, dh decided he wanted take out, so we got Cane’s chicken strips. Thought I would do them after the parade on Sunday. But the parade ended up running 3 hours behind! By the time we made it home there was no way to cook anything. We made sandwiches.

So this week with a couple of last week’s hold overs:

Monday: pork chops, peas and rice and gravy
Tuesday: Enchiladas and taquitos, corn on the cob
Wednesday: taco soup
Thursday: left overs
Friday: meatballs in gravy over egg noodles, green salad
Saturday: ribs, boiled potatoes and creamed corn

Last edited:

I'm tired. Work is still kicking my behind and my grandma has official entered hospice care (at home, but still). Luckily I have a vacation not this weekend but the following. A whole 4 days off. Woohoo! A long weekend is so needed right now.

So sorry, Lily! Prayers for you and yours!!!

Last edited:
so this week meal plans is as follows
monday was leftovers
Tuesday pork chops and my daughter is making fried rice but with couscous
Wednesday Cobb salads
thursday sloppy joes
Friday home made pizzas
not sure about the weekend too far to plan out

Carrying over one meal from last week - the eggplant parm - because we ordered pizza for a late lunch on Sunday.

Wasn't feeling inspired this week for menu planning, so it's just super basic/repetitive.
1. Eggplant Parm (had this last night)
2. Leftovers (doing this tonight)
3. Pasta
4. Chicken Cordon Blue, salad, rice side
5. Baked pork chops, salad, side from fridge/pantry
6. Baked chicken, salad, side from fridge/pantry
7. Salsa Chicken, rice

A few late to the game!
Tonight is chicken empanadas and yellow rice
Tomorrow is buffalo chicken and broccoli
Friday is buffalo chicken grilled cheese and Alexa waffle fries
Saturday we will be at Busch Gardens, we will probably be snacking all day
Sunday: Baked ziti from the freezer and salad

we've done really well this week!
leftovers on monday
Tuesday was pork chops and fried couscous
Wednesday Cobb salads
Thursday was sloppy joes
tonight will be home made pizzas
saturday will breakfast for dinner
Sunday is leftover spaghetti sauce

I just realized I didn't post last week's menu, but I did end up going grocery shopping after work yesterday so I will post this upcoming week's menu, in no particular order.

Chicken w/creamy wine sauce, peas, and crescent rolls
white chili (made with white beans and pork sausage instead of beef)
turkey pizza (using leftover crockpot turkey loin that had a bbq cranberry sauce, then the pizza sauce uses that same sauce and a mix of Brie & mozerella cheeses)
Asian crockpot pork loin with seasoned green beans and rice (leftovers will be turned into something next week)
spinach basil lasagna
meatloaf and mashed potatoes & gravy
breaded chicken patty sandwiches with leftover cream gravy and fries

I know we'll end up going out to eat Saturday after church so one of these meals will carry over into the next week. Plus several of these meals will make leftovers for us for lunches.

So, this weekend ends the "cabbage" diet here (after I made, I think 25lbs of it, including today's stew:)). My spouse will be making his kimchi tomorrow (or he won't) and the rest of the unused cabbage will head to the earth on Tuesday. This week, Hmart (maybe b/c its an Asian grocery chain with little Asian access right now) had amazing fruit and veg deals for anything not usually dipped in fondue...and Safeway had amazing meat deals...so I am stocked up. My spouse, as he was packing the freezer found my oldest protein, from early summer 2019, so it's hitting the menu this week, b/c first in, first out. Here's the plan...

Sunday - Mesquite BBQ pork loin over a Bibimbop Cabbage and Veg stew (before my Hmart stop, every veg I had left went in this - zucchini, carrot, onion, cilantro, ginger, garlic with another whole napa cabbage head, so I had room for all the new fresh veg deals) and white rice, asian pear slices
Monday - Make-your-own pizzas with bacon, pepperoni, dairy and non-dairy cheese, 2 types of mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers, homemade baba ghanouj with carrots for dipping, last of the fondue's berries
Tuesday - Pan-glazed turkey tenderloin slices, Pepperidge Farm stuffing, Roasted Green Beans with Roasted Onions and 2 types of mushrooms and crispy onions (aka green bean casserole without the creamy glaze), sliced apples and pears
Wednesday - Meatloaf muffins, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Pineapple with Sliced bananas
Thursday - Buffalo chicken tenders, buffalo glazed roasted cauliflower, diced mango with bananas
Friday - Dairy and dairy-free mac and cheese, roasted broccoli, crumbled bacon and extra cheese, Fruit smoothies, Green Salads (with any extra roasted veg)
Saturday - Game night - we'll get the kids a free domino's pizza on my account, and maybe get Subway for us (something light b/c the host puts out heavy junky snacks)...

So, I didn't make the mac and cheese, but made homemade sesame ginger beef with tons of veg yesterday (over rice with a fruit smoothie) - it was amazing! My kids told me they liked it better than the local places...but sometimes, that's not hard b/c I know what veggies they like, and how much sauce they like, and what type of steak they like (this was flank-based), so it's almost not fair since I start out with an advantage. But, it's always sad to see a 13.5 inch pan filled to the brim gone by the end of dinner, with no leftovers, but that means they liked it! I also did not make the chicken tenders, but made cocktail meatballs on Thurs (spouse's request) while I made the rest of that day's dinner, so I'll move that to this week, too:)...

This week starts Lent and our volunteering for dinners at the Church, so meal planning will be a little different. I also have 2 meatless meals (thus, I didn't mind skipping mac on Friday b/c it will now be Wednesday:))...here's the plan...

Sunday - Garlic Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Broccoli, Strawberries, Fresh Bread
Monday - Spaghetti with Meat and Veg Sauce, Proscuitto-wrapped Canteloupe with Balsamic Glaze, Homemade Garlic Bread (maybe)
Tuesday - BLTO Burgers (Cheese for those who can have it), Baked Fries, More Strawberries (they were 99 cents/lb, so I got 4lbs)
Wednesday - Dairy and DF Mac and Cheese, Sliced Apples and Pears, Fresh Green Salad
Thursday - DF Tikka Masala Chicken with Veg over Rice, Fruit Smoothies
Friday - Lenten Dinner Volunteer - Bringing 2 dozen deviled eggs (GF/DF/SF) and either a fruit soup or fruit salad (gonna buy for this Friday morning)
Saturday - OUT

All set for next week. Have 2 big trips coming up in March so trying to eat up what we have and avoid the store (except for something here and there). I also organized my pantry today which is the best! I’m so excited that it’s almost vacation time x2!!!!

Monday: cheesy tortellini with tomatoes and ground beef
Tuesday: beef tacos, chips and salsa and queso dip
Wednesday: I have a long day at work (14 hour day) and won’t feel like cooking. I won a gift card to a local pizzeria in town at an event, so I’m going to pick pizza up on the way home.
Thursday: almond crusted chicken, yellow rice and broccoli
Friday: leftovers
Saturday: white chicken chili from the freezer
Sunday: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, salad

So my meeting this past week that I was so anxious about went really well. We got the attention of the people we needed to and I am hopeful that I have lit a fire so things get done.

My grandmother... well she is still hanging on. She had a bit of improvement this past week until Thursday, where she began to get bad again. The key was that her baby sister got into town to see her on Wednesday. We are thinking she held on for that. Maybe this sounds bad, but based on how she feels and what she says she wants, I hope it isn't too much longer. She has told us all she is ready... and if that is what she wants... then that is for the best.

But on a happier note, here is the plan for this week. I have not been "good" the last couple of weeks so this is a reboot. I have been under my calories, but it hasn't been the healthiest and I have been feeling that.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit, nuts, and nut butters (I change it up daily)
Lunches: They include vegetarian burrito, sweet potato rice bowl with peanut sauce, vegetarian burrito bowl, and Thai veggie wraps. Friday is "whatever is left". Oh, and an Icelandic yogurt every day. Better protein with less sugar then Greek yogurt and it is less bitter.
Dinners:
Saturday: Chicken sandwich with veggies and dip (not super hungry so this isn't the original plan lol)
Sunday-Tuesday: Thai peanut chicken ramen
Wednesday-Thursday: Garlic Butter Shrimp Pad Thai with broccoli
Friday: Skinnytaste Spaghetti Carbonara with asparagus

Hi Ya'll! Can I join in? I'm always looking for inspiration for meals. I've been a meal planner for good portion of our marriage simply due to schedules. Now I'm back home and not working and partly trying to do my part saving money but making even better home meals.
It's just my husband and I and we don't always do the traditional meals. You all should know I can be a very lazy cook and my husband is happy with sandwich and soup or some cut up veggies/fruit. Here's the past week and the upcoming meals.

Mon: Fish tacos, coleslaw and mango fruit salad
Tues: Stuffed baked potatoes and fruit salad
Wed: homemade pizza and salad with berries, bleu cheese and bacon
Thur: Crockpot beef stew (was supposed to be a roast but the portion my husband brought in was too small so I cut it up small and the veggies up bigger) with beer bread
Fri: Out for date night and Little Big Town
Sat: Green chile enchiladas with black beans, avocado salad and chips
Sun: Smother pork chops one pot meal (rice, broccoli, mushrooms with smothered sauce on pork chops..sodium at its finest)
Mon: Pasta supreme baked with green beans and garlic naan
Tues: Green chili cheeseburgers and homemade fries with fruit
Wed: Perogies and salad
Thurs: Old people chili dogs (good turkey dogs, vegetarian can chili on wheat hot dog buns with just some cheese) and fruit
Fri: Baked panko breaded cod, mac n cheese and brussel sprouts.

did really well the week I thought I was going to fail Friday when I didnt want to make the home made pizza dough so I switched and made Saturday breakfast instead and yesterday made the pizzas which turned out super well! Besides cutting my finger on the food processor blade but thats another story
tonight wr had left over sauce from the freezer with spaghetti
this week so far
monday pork loin Mac and cheese and corn bread
Tuesday hot dogs and pasta salad ( husband and I have a work conference at Mohegan so we will be eating out :) )
Wednesday man pleasing chicken with veggies and baked potatoes
Thursday meatball subs
Friday tacs
just placed my wallet mart pick up order for tomorrow morning will get a second one Thursday

We ate at home, but changed recipes because we just weren't craving what I'd planned. Lesson learned, have flexible ingredients on hand or ingredients that won't spoil/can be frozen if necessary. We did good, even going off plan, because we didn't have waste at the end of the week, which is always my goal.

We used the gift card for pizza on Saturday as planned, had breakfast for dinner on Sunday (froze the ground beef bought for the moussaka for a later meal), had sheet pan chicken with veg as planned on Monday, made meatballs with pasta on Tuesday as planned. Went off plan on Wednesday, pulled sausage out of the freezer and had a salad and pilaf from the pantry. Same on Thursday, used the chicken I bought for one meal to make pasta with peas and chicken. We'd planned butternut squash soup, but the kids and DH just weren't feeling it (it's fine, because the squash will last and it goes on the menu this week, lol). Friday, DH bought home a shepherd's pie from Costco and a ceasar salad that we had on Saturday with bean soup from the pantry.

So, this week: Sunday, pork chops (shake and bake!), noodles, salad. Monday - Thursday, I bought a couple of packs of ground turkey, salad makings, and veggies for sides. Thinking we'll have tacos and stroganoff with the turkey two of the nights, use the squash for soup one night, and do a pantry/freezer meal one night (have frozen ground beef for chili or can make a clam sauce, just will depend on what we feel like eating). Friday, birthday dinner out.

Did pretty good this past week. Saturday we rode down and took dd out to lunch, just to spend a little time with her. Today, dh went to see his Mom (I stayed home, feeling a bit under the weather) and he ate with her and I had some soup.

Plan for next week:

Lasagna

Chicken pot pie

Beef tips and gravy with rice (cook enough rice for red bean night), honey carrots

red beans and rice, slaw (crock pot)

left overs (this will be one of the nights I am gone to take the grandaughters to lessons)

Smothered chicken, mashed potatoes, Lima beans, fried cabbage

Salisbury steaks, egg noodles, green beans

Still haven’t made those dang ribs. But they are safely in the freezer so plan to do them soon.

I am off the next two days so hoping to take the time to make a list of everything in the pantry and freezer so I can plan toward getting it all used up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter