Eat at Home 3!

Y’all I HAVE CHICKEN. I don’t know where all the chicken has been for three weeks. But I now own a four pound package 😁 and I have enough stuff to actually meal plan now through next Sunday.
  1. Taco salad
  2. Fried chicken tenders, okra, corn
  3. Chicken Parmesan, green beans
  4. Hamburgers, potato salad
  5. Breakfast
  6. Home made bread pizza (I use an olive bruschetta instead of red sauce it’s yum)
  7. Grilled cheese, chicken noodle soup
  8. Spaghetti and meatballs, green beans

Already making changes!

Tonight I will be eating just whatever I feel like when I want it because I am ordering in Indian food for lunch. (1) I have a craving and (2) I want to support a local business. It will be less then $20 with delivery and tip so not super expensive.

Breakfasts are being changed from avocado toast with hardboiled eggs to eggs with roasted potatoes and cabbage. I have half a cabbage I need to use up plus the avocados I got were hard and won't ripen in time for Monday.

So, as mentioned, I didn't need to do Thursday's meal...and I'm sliding it off today, too...today, I'm cooking b/c my new misfit produce box is here (with tons of lettuce), but tomorrow, I'm taking a day for me, and letting Red Robin GCs get used for takeout (figure I'll put all burger toppings on the side and rewarm burgers and fries when they get home...and use my toppings from here, and save theirs for later in the week:))...here's the plans...

Sat - Corned Beef (no beef all week, and I'm jonesing for it - thus, Red Robin tomorrow), Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans, Blackberries and Oranges
Sun - Takeout Red Robin (Burgers, Fries, Sweet Potato Fries), Sliced Apples
Mon - Nachos - Tostitoes, Jarred Chili, 2 Types of Lettuce, Cheese and Sour Cream (for those who can have it), Salsa, Avocados, Lime and Cilantro Dairy Free Crema (for me), Strawberries
Tues - Baked Chicken Thighs with Honey Mustard Dip (keeping thighs plain to use twice), Honey Mustard Roasted Cauliflower, Cucumber Dill Salad, Clementines,
Wed - Chicken Salad (Chicken, Celery, Grapes, Herbs, S&P, Mayo) over Lettuce Greens, Roasted Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes/Onions, Homemade Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Thurs - Manwiches, Tater Tots, Roasted Pineapple, Homemade Butternut Squash Pie (for dessert, but listing it b/c it makes up for the less than healthy dinner:))...
Fri - (Last Lent Friday) - Homemade Pizzas with Veg Toppings, Fruit Smoothies, Last of Green Salads
Sat (New Produce Box - if it shows with what it has) - Appetizer Night before Easter Vigil - Chicken Fries, Potato Skins (for those who can have them), Veg Spring Rolls, Berry Fruit Salad (Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries) with Pink Lemon Dressing

So, my produce box got delayed and won't be here til the middle of next week (so I'm skipping next week's order and I'll make the box last 10 days). Since I'm uncertain when it will come, I'll be using what I have and what Safeway will be giving me tomorrow (if they drop the ball, then I'll have to replan). Anyway, since my spouse wanted to cook his favorite today, I'll start my plans there:)...

Sat - Hamburger Helper 4 Cheese Lasagna for everyone but me, Bacon Fat Onion Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Tater Tots with Lettuce/Tomato/Onion/Fake Sour Cream/Brusells (for me), Apple Slices
Sun (Kids Choice) - Chinese Take In for Easter Dinner - Chicken Lo Mein, Crispy Beef, Spring Rolls, Hot and Sour Soup, Fortune Cookies (I'll be reheating and replating everything), Orange Slices and Green Tea with Honey - Dessert will be Vanilla Cupcakes with a Cherry Cabernet Sauce (from a previous misfit box)
Mon - Chinese Leftovers Plus Moroccan Vegetarian Carrot and Chickpea Tagine (I have everything already right now, and this will fill any role we don't have leftovers left for)...https://www.thespruceeats.com/moroccan-vegetarian-carrot-and-chickpea-tagine-2395043 My sis recommended the recipe - hope it's good:)...
Tues - Fresh Baked Salmon with Lemon and Dill, Mashed Potatoes, Strawberries, Leftover Tangine
Wed - Ground Beef Sloppy Joes, Dairy-Free Caesar Salads, Red Grapes
Thurs - Meatloaf, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Fri - Spaghetti and Meatballs, Produce Box Side (it's got to be here by then)
Sat - Takeout with Fruit Smoothies (unless something in my box needs using asap)...

adjusting my meal plan was going to grill burgers tonight but the. weather is high wind warning and rain so im gonna pass on that and since I don't know if we will have power or not im planning leftover ham with baked beans as we have a gas stove and can light the top if we loose power
tomorrow maybe burgers or chicken depends on my mood in the morning :)
Wednesday will be what we didnt eat Tuesday
Thursday not sure I feel like staying home is starting to get to me because normally we could get take out once a week and eat out once a week but trying to save money just in case I know im thankful im still working from home and husband still is going to work but I know both us will have less hours not complaining just being smart money wise thankful we have jobs and are safe and healthy.

what are some fun meals you all are having? Stay safe everyone!!!

Let's see what this week brings us!
Saturday: Crock pot mac and cheese, chicken tenders
Sunday: Hamburgers, waffle fries, fruit salad
Monday: Roast, twice baked potatoes
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: beef enchiladas, rice, beans
Thursday: Homemade pizza
Friday: leftovers or fettuccine Alfredo, steamed broccoli, garlic bread

adjusting my meal plan was going to grill burgers tonight but the. weather is high wind warning and rain so im gonna pass on that and since I don't know if we will have power or not im planning leftover ham with baked beans as we have a gas stove and can light the top if we loose power
tomorrow maybe burgers or chicken depends on my mood in the morning :)
Wednesday will be what we didnt eat Tuesday
Thursday not sure I feel like staying home is starting to get to me because normally we could get take out once a week and eat out once a week but trying to save money just in case I know im thankful im still working from home and husband still is going to work but I know both us will have less hours not complaining just being smart money wise thankful we have jobs and are safe and healthy.

what are some fun meals you all are having? Stay safe everyone!!!

Are you looking for junk food meals? Exotic meals? 5 Ingredient or less ones? Anything that doesn't use chicken? I am happy to provide ideas and what we're eating, but I don't want to pitch what you've already swung at:)...

Y'all life got CRAZY!!! My heart goes out to any and all who have lost jobs. DH and I are both able to WFH, thankfully. This week in the kitchen:

Monday: Spaghetti, Garlic Toast, Steamed Green Beans
Taco Tuesday: Chicken Taco Soup, Corn Muffins
Wednesday: Venison Roast with Potatoes and Carrots, Yeast Rolls
Thursday: Weekly Take-Out Night (locally owned restaurants only)
*anyone else tuning in to the ABC Disney Family Sing-Along?
Friday: Chicken and Saffron Rice, French Style Green Beans
Saturday: Homemade Pizza

I have LOVED being back in the kitchen more!!

Sunday: My hubby made Homemade Pasta Sauce - ended up with about 4 Quarts of Sauce
Monday: I made Disneyland Loaded Potato Soup for a YouTube Video - OMG - it is AWESOME
SO Monday Dinner will be leftovers!!
Tuesday: Baked Potato Bar
Wednesday: Nachos
Thursday: Homemade Hamburger Helper
Friday: Leftovers/OYO
Saturday: Pasta (Sunday is my Hubbys Day to Cook - it NEVER Changes - LOL)

@TwoMisfits, can you please share your basic muffin recipe? I remember you saying once that you use a basic recipe and then just change up the fruits/spices whenever you make them?

Thanks in advance. :-)

@TwoMisfits, can you please share your basic muffin recipe? I remember you saying once that you use a basic recipe and then just change up the fruits/spices whenever you make them?

Thanks in advance. :-)

I do 2 things - I have a basic box mix (usually a dairy-free cinnamon muffin mix - I alternate between 2-3 brands based on price) and I have a basic recipe:)...https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/basic-muffins-40037 (but I don't use milk and butter now, but use dairy-free alts)...

If I have things that go well with cinnamon (like apples/zucchini/pears/carrots/beets/etc), I use the box mix and add the fruit/veg to it and decrease the water and increase the cooking time...if I wanna use peaches or berries or something odd like pineapple, I use the recipe...and make sure I put in my spices, too (you have to season the base recipe, and not just add the produce:)...and make sure if you want a sweet muffin to make it sweet enough - tasting helps:))...

EDIT TO ADD: So, last week, I made apple zucchini muffins - since that goes REALLY well with cinnamon, I used the mix. I used 2 apples, 2 small zucchini into this muffin mix https://www.bettycrocker.com/products/muffin-mixes/cinnamon-streusel. I dropped the "milk" by 1/2 with that volume of fruit/veg...and I baked an extra 5 minutes over the max (since I had 12 very filled muffins). I tend to have 3-4 pieces of regular-size fruit/veg in a muffin recipe (normally grated if it's a "hard" fruit/veg b/c it works best that way)...

Last edited:
Are you looking for junk food meals? Exotic meals? 5 Ingredient or less ones? Anything that doesn't use chicken? I am happy to provide ideas and what we're eating, but I don't want to pitch what you've already swung at:)...
Loe this! hmmmm junk food meals are always fun :) and maybe something simple too since im working from home now and cant always cook all day :) Thanks!

Loe this! hmmmm junk food meals are always fun :) and maybe something simple too since im working from home now and cant always cook all day :) Thanks!

I'm not sure how many people you are feeding but I started "cheating" for lunches. I bought big bunch of organic spinach or romaine, some carrots and other salad veggies. I cut, shredded and diced up everything to go in our own chopped salads and put paper towels back in the plastic container before putting the salad back in it and wrapping tops paper towel. I bought good salad dressings and some toppings like croutons and some different cheeses for salads. I use premade cooked chicken strips or nuggets to cup for salads or to dip if salad isn't wanted.
Wraps/tortillas are still pretty in stock and putting the salads in wraps with deli meat or cooked bacon. I also put some coleslaw and chicken strips in the wraps. A wrap/tortilla with peanut butter and cut up banana or apple with touch cinnamon is good.

Every other week or so I bake up a big batch of potatoes and steam broccoli and then the potatoes can be diced up and crisped with scrambled eggs for hash or use the potato as any serving vessel. I'll heat up deli meat, mushrooms, onions with some broth or gravy and seasoning and serve on the potato with cheese.

I've starting repurposing foods from the weekend. The other day I made big crockpot of beans cooked up with some leftover ham
hock from Christmas and then I drained off what was leftover and added diced onion, jalapeno and seasoning and putting the food processor for refried beans. We had those as bean burritos or chips and bean dip. Don't forget about quesadillas!

Make sure you are taking time to eat. This is crazy time and there will always be more and more work. Take a moment for yourself to eat and don't worry if isn't nothing special. Some days I just eat a mini babybel cheese wheel and some deli meat with piece of fruit and don't feel that bad since similar to my office lunches. Be good to yourself.

Hi All! I am super sick of my own cooking. Weird thing is I don't miss fast food well I miss Chick Fila but all the other stuff that has drive through windows I don't miss. I have been trying to sub in those "treats" for grocery orders like waffle fries and premade chicken tenders just for easy lunches like chicken tender salads or wraps.

Wed: Old people chili dogs
Thur: Veggie sloppy joes on baked potatoes with garlic green beans
Fri: Crockpot pinto beans, corn bread, potatoes and creamed spinach (ode to my grandparents)
Sat: Leftover pinto beans made into refried beans, with tacos and rice, guac and chips
Sun: Ham and fixings?? I'm thinking just making something completely different will see
Mon: Grilled sandwiches and soup and fruit
Tues: Burgers and waffle fries and veggie

Everyone be safe and have good health.

Well I still have the ham in the freezer. We had take out for Easter which was neat treat. I liked the cheesecake mostly :) I'm trying to keep a meal plan going but I'm also just over all of this. I never been so tired my own cooking or trying to think how to keep changing it up and repurposing leftovers. Stay safe!

Mon: Corn chowder with shrimp, bread and spinach salad
Tues: Chicken sausage brats, French fries, green beans and fruit
Wed: Breakfast hash with leftover chicken sausage
Thu: Pork chops, cheesy rice and broccoli
Fri: Homemade Pizza

Junk food dinners:)...

Frito Tacos - open a bag of fritos and top with any of the following - chili, taco meat, black beans, refried beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc, etc - the possibilities are endless, and it's totally customizable, portable, and "feels junky", even though you can keep it pretty darn healthy through your toppings:)...

Breakfast tot bowls - Bake a bag of tater tots and top with any of the following - bacon, ham, crumbled sausage, cheese, eggs (scrambled or fried or even hard boiled), Salsa or Ketchup or Sour Cream (and you can take it to a particular cuisine, like tortilla strips, salsa, and beans for Mexican, etc)

Cheesesteaks, Philly Style - Get some steak-ums or thinly sliced rib-eye - carmelize some onions (peppers and mushrooms, but those aren't traditional), grill up the steak, top with whiz or provolone (or whatever cheese you have...or no cheese like dairy-free me), and serve on your "quarantine" Amoroso roll (aka a hot dog bun) with ketchup...

Make-your-own pizza - Slum with a bagel or a pillsbury product or get your own boboli or make it yourself...but don't make a tomato and cheese - go California Pizza Kitchen wild - do Pear with Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, and Arugula (with a Salted Ricotta Sauce) - or do BBQ pork with BBQ sauce, carmelized onion, pineapple, and pepper...think outside the "rut" box and into the "quarantine" box...

White Castle Sliders - Make thin beef patties and grill off and then place on grilled Hawaiian rolls (or 1/2 hot dog buns) - top with some cooked diced onion and 2 pickles and whatever crazy sauce topping you like...

Chili cheese fries - Self-explanatory...but oh so good:)...just open the can for this (or use leftover chili from the day before) and be very, very happy:)...

Buffalo chicken salad bowls - Take a bottle of wing sauce and some butter and douse any chicken product you like. Bake it for 20-30 minutes at 350, let it cool slightly, dice, and then add a bag of salad and grated carrots and celery and top with bottled blue cheese or ranch dressing and croutons and fried onions...(not quite as junk foody, but hard to junk food chicken...but hot wing flavor feels it)

I'll have some 5 ingredient meals later:)...

Trying to not go crazy here. My heart is with everyone affected by this. This is as far as I have gotten. I keep getting ideas from all of you, so thank you!

Tomorrow will be eating up the fridge/leftovers
Friday-getting pizza from a local restaurant here (trying to help them out)
Saturday-baked chicken, tortellini with Alfredo sauce, broccoli
Sunday-Grilled cheese and slow cooker tomato soup
Monday-leftovers

Saturday- taquitos
Sunday-baked ham, mash potatoes n gravy, corn and Hawaiian rolls
Monday- leftovers
Tuesday- cheese burger and crinkly fries . I love my airfryer!
Wednesday- baked ziti
Thursday- chevice
Friday- abondigas soup (Mexican meatball soup)
Saturday- sopes topped with beans , rice, cheese and salsa
Sunday-chicken, rice and veggie

White Castle Sliders - Make thin beef patties and grill off and then place on grilled Hawaiian rolls (or 1/2 hot dog buns) - top with some cooked diced onion and 2 pickles and whatever crazy sauce topping you like...

That sounds yummy!
A variation of this I stole from a lady at our church years ago and I'm making this week with leftover Easter ham. I call them Hawaiian sliders. You take the whole 12 pack of Hawaiian rolls, cut in half (so you have two large pieces) and broil in oven. Then top with ham (it can be deli ham too), pineapples (slices, chunks, tidbits- whatever you prefer), pepper jack cheese, and I make a Sriracha aioli (but you can make it something less spicy) to spread on, then broil again to melt the cheese. Cut them up into individual rolls and serve. If only we had Dole Whips to go with them...

Trying to only go to the store every two weeks so longer plan than usual. No particular days and sides are a starch and veggies-
Burgers and baked potato fries
Homemade pizza- 2 nights
Herb chicken
Fajitas
Meatloaf
Crab cakes
Potato soup
Tacos
Chicken Parmesan
Pot roast
Chili
Cabbage rolls
Leftover night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter