Eat at Home 3!

I haven't posted here in a while, life has been really tough. Lost my job due to a certain virus that shall not be named and have been struggling to find something new. My health has been a roller coaster of continuous migraines and dad's sugar levels have been insane, the doctor has told him if he doesn't get it under control he'll have to go on insulin. We've just about depleted everything we had saved up for Disney vacation so we're having to start from the bottom again. We has a unit were all just in a very dark place for the last few months. But we're picking ourselves up now and working to get our health back under control and the first step of that is meal planning. So here we are.

I am so so sorry to hear all of this. My thoughts are with you. *Socially distant hugs* This has been a tough time for many and I only hope that you soon find the light at the end of the tunnel.

My plan is already out the window. I did not make the Udon either day because I felt horrible. Right now I am struggling to get off my behind and make my planned dinner. Trying to tell myself if I do well the rest of the week, I can order in one meal this weekend from anywhere I want.

Friday: Mexican chicken in the crock pot with tossed salad
Saturday: Mandarin orange chicken salad
Sunday: Ham, beans, potato salad, tossed salad
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Honey glazed salmon, rice, green beans
Wednesday: Thai noodle salad with shrimp
Thursday: ??

Here is the plan for the next week or so. I didn't make the Broccoli Cheese soup last week because it was so hot so plan to make this weekend.

Thursday: Ratatouille
Friday: Southwest Chicken Rolls, Fruit
Saturday: 89th birthday celebration for DH's grandma
Sunday: Broccoli Cheese Soup, crusty bread
Monday: Roast with potatoes and carrots
Tuesday: Homemade Chipotle bowls
Wednesday: Veggie Stir Fry/Lomein
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Hotdogs, french fries
Saturday: Family in town so will most likely just order pizza
Sunday: Cajun Steak bites, Rice
Monday: Nachos or walking tacos

Hi Everyone!

I'm still cooking and some days just blah but going along. I don't have meal plan for next week. Here's this weeks and some last weeks. I hope all is doing well.

Last Thursday: Pulled Jerk Chicken, coconut rice, and garlic green beans
Last Friday: Fish tacos, coleslaw, mangoes and strawberries
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Cranberry/Chili sauce pork loin, roasted potatoes and veggies
Monday: Pinto beans, fried potatoes, corn bread, and roasted green beans
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Fajita rice bowls, leftover pinto beans turned into refried beans, chips and guac
Thursday: Smother burritos with leftovers
Friday: Soup/sandwich/salads
Saturday: Hosting very small ladies night with a pasta and salad bar
Sunday: Grilled chicken drumsticks, grilled veggies, roasted corn
Monday: Any leftovers or breakfast for dinner

I don't post in here often bc meal planning doesn't work for me. (For some reason knowing I am 'supposed' to cook something days from now or even having a meat in my fridge for later in the week makes me resent having to cook/eat it. Feels like an obligation or something.) Anywho, I love reading along for new ideas and thought I'd share our latest standby for meals in 10 min or less.

Last year I went to a wonderful meatball restaurant while at a conference in Indianapolis. I am not a fan of tomato sauce and had literally never considerred meatballs in any other context. Now, we keep the Sam's Choice beef meatballs in the freezer and have enjoyed them in tons of different styles. Especially when it's just DH and I, we'll match to whatever sides we have leftover or use up random starch and veggies from the pantry/freezer. Super easy to microwave in separate bowls with different sauces. My current fav is hoison with a bit of sesame oil. Just a suggestion for those who feel stuck in a rut.

I don't post in here often bc meal planning doesn't work for me. (For some reason knowing I am 'supposed' to cook something days from now or even having a meat in my fridge for later in the week makes me resent having to cook/eat it. Feels like an obligation or something.) Anywho, I love reading along for new ideas and thought I'd share our latest standby for meals in 10 min or less.

Last year I went to a wonderful meatball restaurant while at a conference in Indianapolis. I am not a fan of tomato sauce and had literally never considerred meatballs in any other context. Now, we keep the Sam's Choice beef meatballs in the freezer and have enjoyed them in tons of different styles. Especially when it's just DH and I, we'll match to whatever sides we have leftover or use up random starch and veggies from the pantry/freezer. Super easy to microwave in separate bowls with different sauces. My current fav is hoison with a bit of sesame oil. Just a suggestion for those who feel stuck in a rut.
I can't eat tomato sauce so often have meatballs with alfredo, brown gravy (think stroganoff-ish) or just a little parmesan sprinkled on. My go-to is having a bag of ravioli or tortellini in the freezer at all times. It's a little heartier than normal boxed pasta and quick when you don't want to/have time to pre-plan dinner.

Here goes. I made everything on my last list except the pad kee mao. It's like a mental block.

Today: Thai chicken basil on rice with a crispy fried egg
Saturday: Crispy pan seared cod, zucchini
Sunday: Minestrone
Monday: Maangchi's Korean Chinese chicken (kkanpunggi. So good, I made it twice this week and want to make it for my daughter for a get together in my back yard. She was lamenting how much she misses fried Chinese food. This is like spicy sweet and sour chicken, and so crunchy. Best thing I made this past week.)
Tuesday: Three cup chicken, rice, stir fried veggies
Wednesday: Massaman curry, rice, salad rolls
Thursday: Flank steak with chimichurri sauce, grilled veggies

Last year I went to a wonderful meatball restaurant while at a conference in Indianapolis.

Mimi Blue? Love that place! My favorite sauces are the mushroom gravy and the garlic cream. With a side of fried brussel sprouts.

That is a great idea for fast meals! I may need to look into finding a good brand!

Last week went well, I did get takeout one night as I was just mentally and physically exhausted.

This week I am planning to cook each night. I am having a new refrigerator delivered Friday. It was originally scheduled to be delivered in early October but it came into stock sooner, so Friday it is. The old one is going out into the garage as a back up. It still works but is over 30 years old (i inherited my grandparents house) and I would rather replace now than in an emergency. Plus it will be nice to have some extra freezer/fridge space especially for winter and I have a feeling this fall will be bad again with Covid and the flu.

Tonight I made grilled cilantro lime chicken with zucchini, corn on the cob and garlic bread
Monday- Leftover grilled chicken with salad
Tuesday- Baked chicken chimichangas
Wednesday- Summer vegetable pasta
Thursday- Pork chops in the grill with roasted Sweet potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
Friday- Grilled Pizza with salad
Saturday- Ribs with zucchini fries

Breakfast: Avocado toast and hardboiled eggs
Lunch: Ham and cheese sliders, apple, and veggies with hummus
Dinner:
Sunday-Tuesday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Wednesday-Friday: Veggie fried rice (may add shrimp or chicken)

Late to the party, but here's the plan for this week. It's pretty easy and basic, using up some things we have, and also because I have a new owner starting today that myself and my old owner and boss will be training, so who knows how that's going to go!

stovetop seasoned chicken with corn and crescents
Greek "pizzas" (made on pita bread)
burritos using leftover crock pot beef roast from last week
stovetop penne with tomato sauce (I'll make the sauce in the morning before work to let the flavor soak in all day)
deli melts on sourdough with fruit and chips
cheesesteak sandwiches with tater tots

We ordered out Sunday because we didn’t do it Saturday. (Have been once a week).
Yesterday I made a dish with turkey kielbasa, cabbage and egg noodles. Here’s the link if anyone wants it. https://www.budgetbytes.com/kielbasa-cabbage-skillet/
Tonight I’m making a WW salad with white beans, ham and goat cheese. Not sure you can see the link without being a member but here goes: https://www.weightwatchers.com/ca/e...-ham-and-goat-cheese/5d371e9f752091020ac8f38c
DH said he was going to make chicken cordon bleu but with prosciutto instead of ham sometime this week. Yum! We also have fresh corn, blackberries and watermelon from the local farm I get produce at. That’s all I got so far for this week.

Trying to get better at planning and sticking to it.
Tuesday night - was vegetable pot pie baked with biscuits on top
Tonight -Teriyaki Salmon with Caesar Salad
Thursday - Pan pizza topped with italian spiced TVP
Friday ? - Firecracker meatballs made with impossible beef, side TBD

That's all I have for now. Moved in recently with my SO and have to get used to having meals with another person all the time.

Woo hoo! Last week before we head to WDW! I shopped yesterday to have things for this week and for the week we get back, since we won't return till Sun. night. I got some stuff so DS can make some things while we're gone, but some days he'll have work so he'll eat there. When he has class he's eat lunch there too (perk of being in culinary school!) Here's the menu this week and after we return:

steak with chipotle lime chimichurri and black beans and avacado
pork tenderloin sliders with carrots and Ranch dressing
lemon pepper chicken with zuchinni and garlic bread
sloppy Joe biscuit cups and veggies
chicken Ranch flatbreads
tortellini Alfredo with broccoli

O'Brien sausage skillet
sweet and spicy pork with corn and crescent rolls
steak fajitas with guacamole
sticky chicken (thanks for that recipe!) with carrots and rice
sesame meatballs with apples and pineapple

Well, I made most of the last plan, but not the 3 cup chicken, which I'm pushing to this week. I DID finally make pad kee mao because I went to the Asian grocery store and bought fresh wide rice noodles. In fact, we had unused noodles, so tonight we're having pad see ew.

Tonight: Pad see ew
Sunday: Shrimp tacos with 2 salsas (pico and salsa negra), guacamole, and homemade corn tortillas
Monday: Taiwanese three cup chicken
Tuesday: Shrimp and vegetable tempura
Wednesday: Ma po tofu (a spicy tofu dish)
Thursday: La zi ji (fried sichuan chicken with tons of dried chiles)
Friday: Leftovers OR something super easy since I'll be making tomorrow's dessert
Saturday: My daughter's birthday dinner (her choices): fresh salad rolls with peanut sauce, fried rice, Maangchi's Chinese style Korean fried chicken (like a spicy, crunchy, sweet and sour chicken), frozen pecan tart (homemade but designed to be eaten frozen).

Tuesday: Southwestern Chicken Rolls, watermelon
Wednesday: Big Mac Salad
Thursday: BBQ Chicken Wraps, homemade Mac and Cheese
Friday: leftovers
Saturday: Sticky Chicken Thighs, rice, green beans
Sunday: Roast, carrots, potatoes

Tuesday: Southwestern Chicken Rolls, watermelon
Wednesday: Big Mac Salad
Thursday: BBQ Chicken Wraps, homemade Mac and Cheese
Friday: leftovers
Saturday: Sticky Chicken Thighs, rice, green beans
Sunday: Roast, carrots, potatoes
Please tell me what's in Southwestern Chicken Rolls! I am bored with everything we eat lately. I made this last week for the first time, it was SO good: https://www.budgetbytes.com/one-pot-lemon-artichoke-chicken-and-rice/ so it's definitely a repeat recipe. Tonight I am making burgers and tomorrow I think DS17 is cooking. Need to figure out the rest of the week.

Hi Everyone!

I'm still cooking and some days just blah but going along. I don't have meal plan for next week. Here's this weeks and some last weeks. I hope all is doing well.

Last Thursday: Pulled Jerk Chicken, coconut rice, and garlic green beans
Last Friday: Fish tacos, coleslaw, mangoes and strawberries
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Cranberry/Chili sauce pork loin, roasted potatoes and veggies
Monday: Pinto beans, fried potatoes, corn bread, and roasted green beans
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Fajita rice bowls, leftover pinto beans turned into refried beans, chips and guac
Thursday: Smother burritos with leftovers
Friday: Soup/sandwich/salads
Saturday: Hosting very small ladies night with a pasta and salad bar
Sunday: Grilled chicken drumsticks, grilled veggies, roasted corn
Monday: Any leftovers or breakfast for dinner

Last week we had:
Monday: Buffalo chicken and leftover pasta and salad
Tuesday: Spinach, mushroom, goat cheese quiche, green beans and fruit salad
Wed: Steak fajitas with all the sides
Thurs: Grilled chicken drumsticks with grilled veggies
Friday: Leftovers
Sat: Dinner out
This week:
Sunday: Blackened catfish po boys, coleslaw, fruit
Monday: Out of house
Tuesday: Chicken salad on croissants, caprese salad, brussel sprouts
Wed: Taco salad with the fixings
Thur: Crockpot ribs, corn on cob, coleslaw and green beans
Friday: Leftovers

Please tell me what's in Southwestern Chicken Rolls! I am bored with everything we eat lately. I made this last week for the first time, it was SO good: https://www.budgetbytes.com/one-pot-lemon-artichoke-chicken-and-rice/ so it's definitely a repeat recipe. Tonight I am making burgers and tomorrow I think DS17 is cooking. Need to figure out the rest of the week.

It is chicken, corn, black beans, cheese, spices rolled up in egg roll wrappers. https://easychickenrecipes.com/baked-southwest-chicken-egg-rolls-southwest-egg-rolls/

They were pretty good. I am sure they are better deep fried but we baked ours for health reasons.

Getting a little better at planning. started counting calories two weeks ago so trying to make things that fit within my range but will fill my SO up. This week's menu is:

Monday (today): Salmon and random leftover tuna steak with a frozen vegetable. Going shopping tonight so it's a bit of a mishmash
Tuesday: Zucchini and Sun-dried tomato ciabatta sandwiches with broccoli and cheese tots
Wednesday: Broccoli, cheddar, and wild rice casserole
Thursday: Shrimp pasta with tomato basil cream sauce
Friday: Asparagus Risotto
Saturday: Vegetable udon stir fry

Although I am not committed to making any of these on particular days, so they will most likely swap around, but this is the skeleton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts