Eat at Home 3!

I went to Trader Joe's yesterday afternoon because I needed a couple things and, to be honest, I just needed to go somewhere different. The only places I have seen since the stay at home orders are Meijer and CVS. So I did it.

I am ordering in for lunch today because I just need a treat. Will get a rice bowl from a local Indian fast casual place. It will keep me full most of the day so I only have some soup planned for dinner. So good and so worth it.

My plan for next week:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with toppings
Lunch: Salads and rolls
Dinner:
Sunday-Tuesday: Instant Pot ribs, cheesy potatoes (boxed), and corn on the cob or green beans (will see if the store has corn or not)
Wednesday: Veggie fried rice
Thursday/Friday: Chicken (or shrimp) Pad Thai
Saturday: Fish rice bowl (Will decide what I want exactly the day of. I have salmon and tilapia and plan to buy another fish type tomorrow. Then will get spinach and avocado and have broccoli in the freezer along with mango. Finally will make some sort of sauce.)

I agree with the 7am shopping trip. So easy this morning. Major thank you for this board, keeping me motivated and accountable to cook at home, plus I love everyones ideas.

Here is my plan for this week. (not sure what days) some nights will be leftovers.

-Grilling steak (I got this one back when I got married as a wedding gift, and I want to start using it more), cauliflower mash, broccoli
-the next day I'll do leftover steak to make shredded beef on brown rice with leftover broccoli
-Grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup
-Creamy tomato chicken skillet, salad
-Corn, black bean and avocado tacos with brown rice (will also be used for burrito bowls/taco salads, etc)
-Italian Wonderpot (one pot)

Okay, here's my plan:)...

Sun - Beef and Broccoli (and other Veg) Stir Fry, Rice, Grapes and Clementines
Mon - Spaghetti and Homemade Meatballs in a Homemade Veg Tomato Sauce, Raspberries
Tues - Lemon Plant Butter Garlic Shrimp, Dill Vinegar Cucumber Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Strawberries
Wed - Crockpot Pork Butt BBQ Sandwiches - splitting crock food in 1/2 before spicing), Coleslaw, Veg Pasta Salad, Apple Slices
Thurs - Mexican Pork (and Cheese/Fake Cheese) Quesadillas with Sour Cream, Salsa, and Guac (may be homemade - may not - depends on produce box), Sliced Oranges
Fri - Takeout - Not sure where yet - for Mother's Day weekend, it's my choice, but it's really not my choice, if you get the drift:)...
Sat - Leftovers (especially expecting the pork) - if none, we'll do the mac and cheese I didn't do yesterday, and we'll use produce box items to supplement.

Monday
Homemade pizza and salad
Tuesday
Chicken and vegetable Stirfry with rice or noodles.
Wednesday
Meatloaf, mash and green beans with pepper sauce
Thursday
Penne Bolognese with garlic bread
Friday
Salmon en Croute, potatoes and vegetables
Saturday
My children want Chicken Kiev 🤮 so my husband and I will have a date night dinner, hoping he cooks!
Sunday
Ham, potatoes, vegetables, cheese sauce

We have a cooked breakfast on Sunday, pancakes twice a week and cereal and toast every other day, with soup or sandwiches and dessert for lunch. The lockdown has coincided with a growth spurt for my children who are now constantly hungry! We are taking the opportunity to load them, and us with vegetables and fruit otherwise we would all be inhaling chocolate. 😉

I have found a monthly meal plan has helped me make the correct grocery orders and stops the constant "What's for dinner?"

The children are also more interested in helping to cook, not so much help with the clearing up.

Thank you for this thread, it is good to know I am not alone in having to plan meals to cope with the disruption to grocery shopping and for the meal inspirations from others plans. 🙋‍♀️🥘🍽🍫

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I have been having some health issues. Due to the health issues I am changing up my eating to see if that will help some. DD and DH are working at least 5 days a week so they are not home for dinner so not planning any big meals.

Sunday: Everyone was home so made mock chipotle.
Monday: Deconstructed stuffed peppers
Tuesday: Buffalo Cauliflower
Wednesday: Roasted Sweet potatoes with feta and cranberries
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Zuchinni pasta with mushrooms, and meatballs

Sunday: BBQ chicken, corn, sweet potatoes
Monday: snapper, cous cous, asparagus
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday! Theme night for Casa de Pesky
Wednesday: sole meuniere, rice pilaf, green beans
Thursday: grilled chicken, roasted potatoes and roasted broccoli
Friday: probably takeout/delivery
Saturday: roast chicken, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts
Sunday: grilled steak, sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, grilled asparagus

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mother's out there!
-
This week (not sure what days, and will have some leftover days):
Caprese chicken and salad
Mozzarella and tomato pizza using the rest of the cheese and tomatoes from the chicken receipe
Instapot Mac and Cheese
Almond crusted chicken, cauliflower mash, green beans

Another week of the same... still working from home and will be doing that for at least another month. Even then we will most likely be alternating days in and out of the office. It has its negatives (I never go anywhere anymore and I miss my coworkers) and its positives (no commute, more relaxed of a day, and I have time to actually cook).

I am back on my diet. Trying to eat more veggies/fruits, less general carbs, counting calories (1750 a day), more fiber, smaller portions, and just "cleaner". I hate the term "clean eating" but *shrug*. Just trying to eat food with less ingredients or at least with ingredients that are more natural.

Here is my plan for this week:

Breakfast: English Muffins with different toppings (doing ham, avocado, and egg as well as salsa, cheese, and egg), Fruit, and tea

Lunch: Soup and sandwiches

Dinners:
Tonight: Cheat night so having pizza
Monday-Wednesday: Easy homemade veggie ramen
Thursday/Friday: Chili topped baked potatoes (also sour cream, cheese, and green onion)
Saturday: Salmon Florentine and pasta

Snacks: Fruit (apples, watermelon, canned peaches, canned pears), popcorn, fruit bars, nuts

Menu for this week in no particular order:

Enchilada chicken, refried beans, brown rice
Zuchinni "pasta" with mushrooms and meatballs (leftover from last week that didn't make)
Lentil Chili
Homemade pizza
Leftovers

I did horrible this past week. Hoping I can get back on track this week.

Breakfast: Yogurt, granola, and fruit

Lunch: Salads

Dinner:
Tonight: Chicken Pot Pie (frozen meal from Trader Joe's)... somehow I hurt my back and standing to cook sounds horrible.
Sunday: Salmon Florentine, pasta, asparagus
Monday-Wednesday: Hamburger patties with mushrooms and onions, mashed potatoes, green beans
Thursday-Saturday: Veggie Korma (bottled sauce) with cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, and peas and rice

I need 9 meals to run me through to next Sunday. I’ve really slacked off in planning. I’ve also come across a lot of sales lately (no shortages here) so I need to clear the pantry and freezer.

Saturday - Chinese beef and broccoli with rice
Sunday - bacon and cheese quiche, banana bread
Monday - Chick-fil-A knockoff nuggets, peas
Tuesday - bbq chicken legs, okra, corn
Wednesday - Thai coconut chicken legs, salad
Thursday - spaghetti with Italian sausage, salad
Friday - Chinese dumplings and broccoli
Saturday - pork chops, wonton soup
Sunday - veggie cheese quiche, fruit salad

I only need salad greens to complete this menu. I only really need milk for breakfast and some ham for lunch too. But I’ll end up with more. I can’t seem to spend under $75 even when we don’t need it.

Saturday 5/16- Sunday 5/23

-tostadas
-shrimp fajitas, beans and Mexican rice
-fish, veggie , rice , salad
-bbq chicken breast, corn on the cob, pasta salad
-chicken sandwich on bioche buns , fries or onion rings
-shredded beef tacos
- shredded beef gorditas
-famous Dave’s family feast
- Famous Dave’s leftovers

I found out my job is reopening on Saturday, so back to work I go! Im eager to go back, but now I know I really need to stay on track with meal planning. A local farm around here had a surplus of corn, zucchini, onion and eggplant so they gave it away yesterday! I will be using this up.

Plan for this week, with some leftover nights

queso chicken, broccoli
Porcupine meatballs, roasted veggies
Corn and black bean quesadillas, brown rice
Zucchini noodles with meatballs and red sauce from the freezer

We ate at home last week, but I forgot to post my plan. And as my area has chilled out, and folks are seeing the data, I'm back to grocery shopping and scored at Aldi's and HMart this week...here's the plans (ps - my son didn't get his McD this weekend for our "take in" option, so we'll get that this week and then still go get something local Mem Day weekend)...

Sun - Fresh baked lemon butter dill tilapia fillets ($2.99lb today - I about cried in happiness:)), vinegar-based cucumber dill salad, apple crisp, crescent rolls
Mon - Korean-marinated pork rib, lentil, and veg stew, dairy-free naan, blueberries and watermelon
Tues - Ritz cracker and fried onion coated and baked chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, strawberries and blueberries
Wed - Chicken, bell pepper, green onion and pineapple thai curry, rice, fresh cherries
Thurs - BLTAs, baked fries, berry salad (last of strawberries, blueberries, cherries, pineapple)
Fri - McD takeout
Sat - BBQ Outside - We only have a hibachi, so to feed 6, we have to be creative - we're gonna do hot dogs and veg skewers (since the veg can sit) and then roast marshmallows and make smores for dessert (ps - I might roast bananas, too, for "sundaes", but that's TBD)

DH and DD are working a lot so half of the time it is just me.

Sunday everyone was home so made BBQ Chicken, mac and cheese, cauliflower salad, waffle fries and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
Monday: Homemade pizza - mushrooms and turkey pepperoni (just me at home)
Tuesday: Fettuccine Alfredo with spicy chicken sausage, broccoli and mushrooms, garlic bread
Wednesday: Leftovers (just me at home)
Thursday: Cilantro lime chicken, brown rice, black bean and corn salad
Friday: Leftovers (just me at home)

This next week's plan only requires me to get a few things from the store since I'm using up stuff we already have. It's simple but I'm trying not to be wasteful too.

spaghetti with garlic bread
deli melts with veggies and chips & dip
Sweedish meatballs with mashed potatoes
sausage and bean bake with coleslaw
strawberry chicken salad
pulled pork nachos

Ok I'm late to joining this party... but I think about our food a lot lately (with all that's going on) and since my shopping and cooking has changed quite a bit since our lockdown,and it's going to continue in some form for months to come here.... in the past my 1st concern would have been healthy food,2nd was cost cutting for that. Now that supply chain etc issues have changed all that....1/2 our house is gluten free also)
Overall goal--- Zero Food Waste---
Goal #1 is to go shopping as little as possible (I dislike mask wearing)
Goal #2 is stock up on necessary items to make our favorite foods,regardless of cost (seems like we have no sales anymore anyway)
Goal #3 is healthy foods, trying to not overspend while stocking up for at least two weeks at a time,hopefully more.
I like the idea of meal plans, but I can't commit myself to something too far ahead,as I like to make whatever I'm in the mood for each day....
Last night I had made butter oatmeal raisin cookies and homemade veggie pizza....
tonight is hotdogs and beans per my Dh request,and we're gonna just roast them over our fire in the backyard, along with some salad-(and leftover cookies)
This week I plan to make (in no particular order)
Mujadara and rice
Pasta sauce (gf pasta and zucchini spirals)
a cornmeal savory eggbake casserole with spinach for Dh breakfast for the week
egg salad sandwiches
soup of some sort (always soup) I think tortilla soup sounds good,since I have some avocados to use....
chicken stock in the IP since I still have my chicken carcass from last weeks dinner
pico di gallo and homemade tortilla chips
probably tacos of some sort with caramelized onions and whichever meat I happen to have (chicken or beef) using some of the refried beans I whipped up last week...
Oh- I want to make falafel with tzaziki sauce..... since I also have cucumbers and tomatoes I can use this week....
love this thread it's giving me good ideas!

So this past week was a disaster. I made maybe three meals on my list. We ate out twice and with leftovers that was three meals. I’ve told them no more fast food and taco/pizza, not so much for the money part, but my rapidly expanding butt. I think now that everything is open it’s exciting to buy food out again.
I went to Kroger and loaded up on produce.

1. Big Mac salad
2. Soup beans, squash and onion, home made bread
3. BLTs, broccoli cheese soup
4. Teriyaki chocken, zucchini and onion, rice
5. Chef salad on kale
6. Lentil salad
7. Chorizo tacos with home made soft shells

I have everything I need and I only spent $40 something yesterday. Let’s see if I can stay out of the store.

Here is my plan for this week. We will see how well I stick to it because I royally messed up my back yesterday. Took me 45 minutes to get from lay down to sitting up without using my hands to hold myself up this morning. I was able to get to the store and buy my groceries though I am regretting it atm.

Breakfast: Veggie hashbrowns, eggs, and chicken sausage

Lunch: Easy homemade Ramen

Dinner:
Today: Cookout at my Aunt and Uncle's with family
Monday - Wednesday: BBQ chicken, Trader Joe's hatch chili mac and cheese, and corn on the cob
Thursday/Friday: Chicken cheese steaks and salad
Saturday: Sweet and spicy sriracha glazed salmon and asparagus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!