Ecuador & Galapagos Islands: Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands Meets Thread

I'm going alone on the October 13th trip. Hope there are others that I can meet and mingle with. Anyone ever travel alone before? I really would like some insight as to how your trip went if you traveled alone.
I haven't taken this ABD, but I've taken 6 ABDs as a solo (so far) and it has been fabulous! The Adventure Guides are experts on making everyone feel like one big extended family, and I never felt *alone*. I could always find folks to hang out with, talk with, do activities with, eat with, etc. Most of the folks on these trips have been *very* inclusive. It's my favorite way to travel solo.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have on traveling solo with ABD!

Sayhello

I'm going alone on the October 13th trip. Hope there are others that I can meet and mingle with. Anyone ever travel alone before? I really would like some insight as to how your trip went if you traveled alone.

We took this trip last year and had a wonderful time, you will love it for sure! I noticed that they have switched up the yacht for this year's trips, but at least when we went the ABD group was only half of the people on board the boat, so not only do you have the ABD group that you can meet and mingle with, the yacht trip will likely have more people to meet. The ABD group divides up from the others on the boat for excursions, but everyone shares the boat for the lounge, meals, sundecks, etc. The only part of the trip I can see potentially being a little quiet is the time at the hacienda. Our kids had a great time wandering around and we spent some quiet time relaxing there. The rooms are a little spread out. You can just enjoy the gorgeous gardens or there is also the option of booking a horseback tour around the grounds.

I just found out last night that this trip may be cancelled. They only have 7 confirmed guests. They also told me it will not get cancelled until after the final payment is due in July. I am really bummed.

I haven't taken this ABD, but I've taken 6 ABDs as a solo (so far) and it has been fabulous! The Adventure Guides are experts on making everyone feel like one big extended family, and I never felt *alone*. I could always find folks to hang out with, talk with, do activities with, eat with, etc. Most of the folks on these trips have been *very* inclusive. It's my favorite way to travel solo.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have on traveling solo with ABD!

Sayhello
Since I just found out the trip might get cancelled, can you tell me which ones you have taken. Might give me an idea of where I want to go in case they do cancel.

Since I just found out the trip might get cancelled, can you tell me which ones you have taken. Might give me an idea of where I want to go in case they do cancel.
That's a huge bummer about them saying it "might" be cancelled, but not saying for sure until so late in the season!! I wouldn't be happy!

I've taken the Arizona/Utah/Grand Canyon trip, Alaska, the Med cruise add-on, London/Paris, Greece and Scotland. All but the Med cruise add-on were Adults Only trips. I found the families on the cruise add-on were totally inclusive, too, but I like the dynamics of the Adults Only trips better.

They were all great trips. My favorite so far is Greece, closely followed by Arizona/Utah and Scotland. But truly, they were all great!

Feel free to ask me any questions, I'd be *HAPPY* to answer them!

The latest Greece trip is September 27th, and for London/Paris it's September 26th. The others don't have trips after August. I don't know if that makes a difference for you, or if you're flexible about dates...

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter