ecv and AKL room

Wenda

Mouseketeer
I have decided to rent an ECV from Walker. I will rent the regular size one and I am wondering about getting it into the hotel room. I have reserved a regular savanah view room. Will I have any trouble getting the ECV thru the doorway? I never request a handicap room because I don't have any trouble getting around in a regular room. I would appreciate any advice from those who have rented this way.

Also many thanks to you who have posted on this board. It has made my trip planning much easier.:)

All the hotel room doorways are wide enough to easily fit an ECV. I have never had any problem (value through large deluxe) getting in or out with the ECV. You will need to figure a parking place where you will not trip over it.

Also, the cord from the wall outlet to the charger is about 6 feet, as is the cord that goes from the charger to the ECV. I will plug in the charger near where I will park the ECV (leaving the switch on) and then be sure to plug in the ECV any time it is in the room.

(Note that to charge the ECV, the key switch on the control panel MUST be in the off position.)

Thanks again:p

I don't know where I would have turned with these questions without this board. :tongue:

Last March we stayed at AKL, in a regular Savannah view room. We rented an ECV from Walker for DH, as he had ankle surgery in mid Jan. We had no problems getting it in the room. He would actually back it up in the sink area and plug it in to recharge there. It blocked one of the sinks, but that was fine.

When I made our reservations for AKL, I mentioned the ECV, and they made a note to have us near an elevator....which worked out well. Several times when we were just in the room for a little while, we actually parked the ECV outside the room kind of near the elevator and no one bothered it (it has a key, so you can just remove it).

DH had a ball riding in it - almost too much fun :teeth: .

Hope you have a great trip!

During our most recent stay at AKL (Oct '03) I recall wheeling my DS's manual chair past half a dozen or so ECVs parked in the hallway recharging every morning. I would think parking in the hallway would be preferable to crowding your room with the ECV.

no problem the ecv fit through the doorway the CR . This is one of the older hotels soo the newer ones are definitely not a problem.

:Pinkbounc :earseek:
:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter