ECV and shared buses

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
Hi all Im planning a June trip to the Beach Club. I just read that the buses share with YC and BC is the second stop. I will be renting an ecv and wonder how hard it is in the morning to get a bus that has room. Im aready worrying about driving the ecv on an already full bus. Overthinking is my thing. Thanks!

If you are talking about getting to the parks when first opening. Each bus holds two mobility scooters. There is a special place for devices to be loaded on the buses.

if you are the second stop, and there is no room. The bus driver or a cast member standing outside the bus area, will call for another bus. Scooters will be loaded before other guests. The bus driver will ask people on the bus to move to accommodate the scooter. No need to worry there. If you need assistance loading it into the bus, ask the bus driver for assistance. Have never had one refuse!

While I usually do not have issues, I always leave extra time assuming there may be scooters already on board or ahead of me. In the mornings, as others have indicated, there will be a transportation CM at the bus stop to help. Parking in the scooter spot on the bus when there are people already seated can be tricky so don't be shy about asking your driver for assistance!

Try not to overthink! Relax and enjoy :)

Also, the person using the scooter could ride to the first stop and get on there, then the family can get on at the closer stop.

If you are staying at Boardwalk, Yacht or Beach (or Swan & Dolphin for that matter) you can always add some extra time, and catch a boat to HS, and use that as a "hub" to any other Park or Resort...

Bear in mind that's how much we love the boats at WDW - that we would plan our day to start with a boat ride! 🙂

I'm going to be staying at Beach Club later in the year. My planned strategy (unless something changes) is to go to the Yacht Club bus stop in the morning to get to AK & MK. Although, while I know it takes longer, since I'll have an AP and my sister will have a hopper, we may walk/scoot through EPCOT and pick up the monorail to MK (via TTC). We've both been several times to WDW and are not rope-droppers. For Hollywood Studios, we'll either take a boat or walk/scoot our way over. Not too sure about the Skyliner yet with my fear of heights.

Coming home on the buses, I'll just get off at Beach Club. In a previous stay at a "multi-stop" resort (i.e. Saratoga Springs), I would scoot over to the 1st pick-up stop in the mornings and then get off at the last stop in the evening coming home. It made it a lot easier not having to worry about other guests having to move out of the way.

Coming home on the buses, I'll just get off at Beach Club. In a previous stay at a "multi-stop" resort (i.e. Saratoga Springs), I would scoot over to the 1st pick-up stop in the mornings and then get off at the last stop in the evening coming home. It made it a lot easier not having to worry about other guests having to move out of the way.
I’m staying at SS for the first time in May. I’m hoping I can just drive right over to DS and enjoy that, but I didn’t think about the multi-stop aspect for parks. Where is the 1st stop located? I’m only staying 2 nights, then moving to the Boardwalk, so maybe it won’t be a big deal... like you, I’m also an AP and don’t kill myself trying to hit everything 😉

Very much a hakuna matata vibe for me at Disney ☺️

I’m staying at SS for the first time in May. I’m hoping I can just drive right over to DS and enjoy that, but I didn’t think about the multi-stop aspect for parks. Where is the 1st stop located? I’m only staying 2 nights, then moving to the Boardwalk, so maybe it won’t be a big deal... like you, I’m also an AP and don’t kill myself trying to hit everything 😉

Very much a hakuna matata vibe for me at Disney ☺

I stayed in The Grandstand area. I was able to drive my ECV to Disney Springs without any problems. There is also a boat that can take you there (and Port Orleans - mmmmm beignets 😋) as well. All theme park buses follow the same route. Theme Park -> Grandstand -> Carousel -> Paddock -> Congress Park -> The Springs (not Disney Springs) -> Theme Park

Very much a hakuna matata vibe for me at Disney ☺

Did you book standard or preferred? That makes a difference in location possibilities.

Grandstand is standard view and has the advantage of being the first bus stop. On the other hand, if you booked preferred you will be in either Congress Park or Springs. Congress Park is the closest walkway to "scoot" over to DS so there is that advantage.... and for the fortunate few a DS view LOL Springs is closest to The Carriage House, so food, restaurants, feature pool, etc. However, it is the last stop before buses leave the resort so I avoid it like the plague! ECV spots on the bus are hard enough to get at such a large resort... at peak times, buses are packed by the time they get there. Congress Park is slightly better, though, you can still have issues getting an ECV on the bus as well.

If I book standard, I usually request Grandstand but I have to be honest... I've owned there since the resort opened... and absolutely love it... but rarely get that request. My guess is that this is the most frequently asked for standard location. I find the Paddock a good backup and actually prefer it in many ways... nice views, closer to DS, not far from Carriage House. For Preferred I ask for Congress Park. I avoid the Springs... and Carousel, of course (but that's another thread!).

Keep in mind that the resort is undergoing a very large refurbish which will continue for a least a couple of years, so their ability to honor requests will probably be limited in certain areas... they are working on Congress Park at the moment and will likely be doing the preferred locations first, so next up would be Springs... at least that's the best guess.

Always remember no matter where you are located or which bus you need, the driver is your friend!

Last edited:
I stayed in The Grandstand area. I was able to drive my ECV to Disney Springs without any problems. There is also a boat that can take you there (and Port Orleans - mmmmm beignets 😋) as well. All theme park buses follow the same route. Theme Park -> Grandstand -> Carousel -> Paddock -> Congress Park -> The Springs (not Disney Springs) -> Theme Park
Thank you! I’ve been wanting to try the (GF) beignets for quite a while now, maybe this will be my chance! It’s also good to know that the “preferred” locations are later stops with the bus. Crazy!

Did you book standard or preferred? That makes a difference in location possibilities.

Grandstand is standard view and has the advantage of being the first bus stop. On the other hand, if you booked preferred you will be in either Congress Park or Springs. Congress Park is the closest walkway to "scoot" over to DS so there is that advantage.... and for the fortunate few a DS view LOL Springs is closest to The Carriage House, so food, restaurants, feature pool, etc. However, it is the last stop before buses leave the resort so I avoid it like the plague! ECV spots on the bus are hard enough to get at such a large resort... at peak times, buses are packed by the time they get there. Congress Park is slightly better, though, you can still have issues getting an ECV on the bus as well.

If I book standard, I usually request Grandstand but I have to be honest... I've owned there since the resort opened... and absolutely love it... but rarely get that request. My guess is this is this is the most frequently asked for standard location. I find the Paddock a good backup and actually prefer it in many ways... nice views, closer to DS, not far from Carriage House. For Preferred I ask for Congress Park. I avoid the Springs... and Carousel, of course (but that's another thread!).

Keep in mind that the resort is undergoing a very large refurbish which will continue for a least a couple of years, so their ability to honor requests will probably be limited in certain areas... they are working on Congress Park at the moment and will likely be doing the preferred locations first, so next up would be Springs... at least that's the best guess.

Always remember no matter where you are located or which bus you need, the driver is your friend!
I booked a preferred view & it sounds like Congress Park is definitely the part I was hoping for! However, if that’s currently under construction, is it harder to get a room? Or temporarily worse because of work/noise??

Thank you for all the wonderful information!!

I booked a preferred view & it sounds like Congress Park is definitely the part I was hoping for! However, if that’s currently under construction, is it harder to get a room? Or temporarily worse because of work/noise??

Thank you for all the wonderful information!!

I'm guessing it might be more difficult and with active construction you may find some day time noise. I would still definitely ask for Congress Park... maybe even add a request for a renovated room! From the pictures that have been posted, the rooms are really lovely. And who knows, you might just get lucky! Best wishes and enjoy your stay :)

I have stayed at BC several times with my ECV, and almost every time, I've had to sit through multiple buses only for AK. One morning, I sat through 3 buses, and missed my Caring for Elephants Tour. Who knew that leaving 1 1/2 hours early wouldn't be enough time? Fortunately, I have had availability on the first bus for MK. And of course, one of the advantages with BC is no bus necessary for Epcot or DHS.

One and a half hours is the suggested time published for resort to resort transportation, which with rare exceptions always requires making a connection. Taking that long for a single bus ride is an aberration.

You should have asked for a refund or a raincheck regarding the tour.

Was there a transportation supervisor at the bus platform that time to assist and who could call for another bus?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!