Ecv back wheel removal

Spotsandbow

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, first time using portable ecv from buena vista so forgive me if a silly question but I wonder if when dismantling ecv to put in trunk of taxi do you need to take off the back wheel. From looking at videos it seems it would be easier to put the whole base of ecv in car? And if so would it fit into standard taxi ? thanks

Last edited:
Buena Vista posts a link to the Owners Manual for each scooter they rent, on that model's page.

Read the Owner's Manual first, then contact Buena Vista directly to make sure you understand if the scooter you intend to rent will meet your needs. When they deliver the scooter to you, they should be able to show you how to break the scooter down for loading/unloading into a vehicle.

Scooters like the Drive Spitfire have a base unit that can be broken into two sections, one of which is the "back wheel" assembly (including the motor).

We rarely break the scooter down that far- it can be a bit difficult getting it to re-latch, and the assembled unit fits into our car.

We rarely break the scooter down that far- it can be a bit difficult getting it to re-latch, and the assembled unit fits into our car.

my friend dose not brake hers down either but it does take two people to lift it up into the car or SUV, van.

I always hire a Pride 10 3-wheeler. Sometimes hubby and I lift the scooter up after only taking the seat and batteries off, but it is very heavy and, as we discovered, the scooter gets slippery when you lift it in the rain. I can even manage to lift all the pieces myself if I break it right down, but only once or twice as I have trouble with my back as well as my knees.

If you get one of the lightweight scooters (such as a Go-Go) then you could probably get away with only taking the actual seat off if you have enough people to lift it up into the back of your vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter