ECV parking and other questions

GAdreamer

Earning My Ears
I am fairly new to using a ECV. Did not use it the last time we went to Universal 15 yrs ago. I have used them at Sea world and Busch Gardens with excellent service. Most of the time I could drive right through the ques for shows and parked in HC with family behind. Only a few times did I have to get off and walk or stand in line. I have trouble with Stairs.

So at Universal it seems the ECV' don't go through ques. So where do you park them? We are going next Sept and now I'm nervous. I can do limited walking and standing. At the other parks I just parked in with the strollers.

I also understand that water transportation might be an issue...so we are staying at the Hard Rock for easy access.

check out the section on the UO website about more explanation of the ecv usage.

it will answer all your questions.

in a nutshell, i can say for the rides that don't accomodate the ecv, the TM there will help you transfer to a push chair.
usually this is when you need to move from the ecv to wc in order to get on the ride.

the line itself will allow you to use it in the ecv.

there are a few rides where there are stairs, you would use an elevator to reach the ride

TM's will direct you to the elevators.

There's a nice walking path from the Hard Rock that you can use with your ECV if you cannot use water transportation. We many times beat the water taxi by walking.

The walking path will be a much better option from the Hard Rock, pretty much always beats the water taxi, unless you time it perfectly. Plus you still have to walk a bit more witht he water taxis since the dock is on the city walk side. Another trick is to go all the way down the 3rd floor hall of the left wing (past the gift shop) of the Hard Rock hotel and exit out the SIDE door there. It is not marked but quicker than having to go down to the first floor and out and around pool, especially if you are on that end of the hotel already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!