Editing reservation to add wheelchair note

SuperJ

Not born, but mostly raised in Disney
Hi everyone,

I have some dining reservations that I want to update to add a note requiring wheelchair accessibility. I know how to do it when I first make a reservation but I’m not seeing the option when I try to update or modify (using the phone app - work blocked the site!). Am I missing it somewhere or am I going to have to call Disney to get that included?

I would call (unless somebody comes up with a more informed response :D). Although all restaurants would be accessible, and it should be apparent to the host/see that a diner is in a wheelchair.

If you don’t get thru, don’t worry about it.
Just mention it to the CM when you are checking in and the person assigning tables can accommodate you.

If you don’t get thru, don’t worry about it.
Just mention it to the CM when you are checking in and the person assigning tables can accommodate you.

We’ve had issues with just waiting until we arrive before - being told we need to wait longer or waiting while they had to scramble, etc. we don’t like doing that to people nor do we like the instances where it’s increased our wait. And that’s been with one wheelchair. We’ll have a wheelchair and an ECV this time. We’re particularly concerned about flagging it for our Oga’s reservation. If I can’t do it online, I will call.

If you can call, 407-WDW-DINE. Let them know you need to add the request. If you just show up, the staff really has to s cramble. They like to make sure your table is not blocking an "aisle".

I had some issues this year even though I called and noted on our reservations that 2 people in our party are in wheelchairs and will not be transferring, but some restaurants we went to didn’t have the table prepared (they took seats away as we were waiting in the aisles once they’ve already showed us to the table) and usually they sat us in awkward areas where it was often hard to get our chairs into/out of without bothering people. This is the first year we’ve had issues with table service restaurants, but typically when I arrive I tell them again that we need room for two wheelchairs and that I’m willing to wait for a table where we can easily get into and out of.

So I would call and add it to your reservations and tell them again when you arrive.

If you ever find yourself sitting in an area that you consider "awkward", tell the hostess, you are not happy with the table and you are willing to wait for another.

We always have to wait for them to move chairs from the table. They always ask me, where I would like to sit and then remove the necessary chairs. I don't think it's that they aren't prep ared for my arrival, but more a consideration of where I would feel comfortable sitting.

Honestly, it doesn’t seem to matter if it’s noted in advance or not in my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter