Ellen

How can she not know what was going on with her staff? I watched her show for the first 2 years, then she started doing all that dancing at the beginning, drove me nuts. I do see clips, like when she had the practical joke thing going with Matt Lauer. I don't like how she scares people when they are sitting on her set, I think it's mean, I'm surprised that stars still show up. I know she gives away a lot of stuff but I don't think she is paying for it herself.

I liked the show a lot in the beginning, but it has seemed stale for a long time now. Might be time to move on.

I've never really watched her. So, I don't know if it was her or just her staff. But how can she not know what's going on when people are acting weird around her? You think after a while she'd ask why are people behaving that way?

I saw this interview earlier tonight where an executive producer, who does the "Today Show," down in Australia, says he's not surprised at the allegations against her.

He said: (bolding mine)

"An Australian radio host, [Neil Breen,] said on Tuesday that he was given specific instructions about how to behave when he worked with Ellen DeGeneres in 2013.

Richard Wilkins, an Australian TV presenter, was set to interview DeGeneres — but Breen said he and the rest of his team received a very specific set of rules for working with her.

"Because it's 'The Ellen Show,' they controlled everything," Breen said. "They controlled the interview seats, the lights, how it would work, everything."

He added: "The producers called us aside and said, 'OK, this is how it's going to work here this morning. Ellen's going to arrive at 10:15, and she'll be sitting in this chair here, and Richard, you'll be sitting in this chair here.'"

Breen said DeGeneres' team then told him: "Neil, no one's to talk to Ellen. So you don't talk to her, you don't approach her, you don't look at her. She'll come in, she'll sit down, she'll talk to Richard, then Ellen will leave."

"I found the whole thing bizarre," Breen said.
He also said that with "every word" DeGeneres said, her team would "giggle and laugh" — so much so that he had to tell them to be quiet since they were taping an interview.

"I'm not blaming Ellen, because I didn't get to talk to her, because I wasn't allowed to," he said. "So I don't know whether she's a nice person or not. I wouldn't have a clue. But I can tell you the people who worked with her walked on eggshells the whole time.""

https://www.insider.com/ellen-degeneres-radio-host-instructions-dont-talk-look-2020-7

I stopped watching many years ago when she got angry and rude about something she and I disagreed about. I don’t even remember what it was but she was clearly saying she didn’t seek to entertain me if I held a belief that was not hers.
Bye Felicia.
:sad2: Yep. An arrogant jerk and it's come out in various ways. I was so completely disgusted by what she did to the (completely innocent and never wanted any of this) realtor in Georgia, all for the sake of a vulgar and ridiculous junior-high boy joke...she's totally off my list.

I'll also never forget the time I watched Jimmy Kimmel interview some reality TV person. It might have been been one of the cast offs from The Bachelorette, or something like that. The guy had done something really crappy and was caught. Like he might have cheated on the bachelorette. He was on Kimmel to explain what he did. Jimmy was really nice to him, giving him a chance to tell his side and to apologize for his behavior.

Then, Jimmy asked him if he was going to be on the Ellen Show. The guy said yes, the next day.

Jimmy warned him (on air,) that Ellen was going to go after him. She was going to start out nice, then basically AMBUSH him on the show. That she has to do that as her fans expect her to do that. So she's not going to stop or let up. So he'd better be prepared for that.

Then during the commercial break, (off camera,) Jimmy warned him again about how bad Ellen would get. He told the guy he'd be willing to stay after the show to talk him through and prepare him for the kind of stuff Ellen would say to him. And also, he'd give the guy his number so he could talk later, after Ellen's show was over, if he needed to talk. He stayed and Jimmy did, indeed stay for an hour talking to him and gave him his number.

Sure enough, Ellen skewered the guy on her show. He left shell shocked. He ended up talking about it on some tabloid show later, like Inside Edition. The only reason we know Jimmy stayed to talk to him for an hour and tried to prepare him, was because he mentioned what Jimmy did. Even so, he said what Jimmy did wasn't enough for how bad it was with Ellen.

Jimmy & The Bachelor(ette) are both on ABC. And Jimmy really does like and watch that show. He makes a lot of jokes, on his own, about the contestants. ABC has a vested interest in both shows. But, I highly doubt that even ABC or The Bachelor producers could have paid Jimmy enough to hang around an extra hour after the show, if he genuinely didn't want to. He could have had the ego to pull, what Ellen is accused of, not thinking other people are important enough to spend extra time on, and never offered to stay and help.

It always stuck with me that Jimmy felt so bad for what he KNEW, ahead of time, what Ellen was going to do. I never liked Ellen since. Even though I hadn't really watched her before that. I definitely wasn't after that.

Last edited:
:sad2: Yep. An arrogant jerk and it's come out in various ways. I was so completely disgusted by what she did to the (completely innocent and never wanted any of this) realtor in Georgia, all for the sake of a vulgar and ridiculous junior-high boy joke...she's totally off my list.

What happened?

What happened?
There's this segment on the show where they take signs (public signs that are out for advertising purposes) and find something funny about them to ridicule. The thing is, they do it without consulting the business or person who is the object of the joke. In this case it was a lady realtor who's name is Titi. Not only did were the titty-jokes totally cringe-worthy, they showed the realtor's signs with her phone number on them. When the woman complained, rather than just making an apology, Ellen doubled-down and ran the segment several more times. Really, really reprehensible behavior and a completely uncalled-for victimization** of an innocent party.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta...a-woman-titi-pierce-says-ellen-degeneres.html
**victimization is not exactly the right word, but I can't call to mind anything better. This took place in 2016. If it happened today, I'd imagine there would be a whole different view of Ellen ridiculing this black lady's African-origin name.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that she wrote a letter to a restaurant complaining that a waitress had chipped nail polish. The waitress said she was working back to back shifts. Didn't have time to paint her nails.

The waitress almost lost her job.

If this is true, it's all I need to know about Ellen. How awful to demean someone working so hard to serve you.

I've never really watched her. So, I don't know if it was her or just her staff. But how can she not know what's going on when people are acting weird around her? You think after a while she'd ask why are people behaving that way?

I saw this interview earlier tonight where an executive producer, who does the "Today Show," down in Australia, says he's not surprised at the allegations against her.

He said: (bolding mine)

"An Australian radio host, [Neil Breen,] said on Tuesday that he was given specific instructions about how to behave when he worked with Ellen DeGeneres in 2013.​
Richard Wilkins, an Australian TV presenter, was set to interview DeGeneres — but Breen said he and the rest of his team received a very specific set of rules for working with her.​
"Because it's 'The Ellen Show,' they controlled everything," Breen said. "They controlled the interview seats, the lights, how it would work, everything."​
He added: "The producers called us aside and said, 'OK, this is how it's going to work here this morning. Ellen's going to arrive at 10:15, and she'll be sitting in this chair here, and Richard, you'll be sitting in this chair here.'"​
Breen said DeGeneres' team then told him: "Neil, no one's to talk to Ellen. So you don't talk to her, you don't approach her, you don't look at her. She'll come in, she'll sit down, she'll talk to Richard, then Ellen will leave."
"I found the whole thing bizarre," Breen said. He also said that with "every word" DeGeneres said, her team would "giggle and laugh" — so much so that he had to tell them to be quiet since they were taping an interview.​
"I'm not blaming Ellen, because I didn't get to talk to her, because I wasn't allowed to," he said. "So I don't know whether she's a nice person or not. I wouldn't have a clue. But I can tell you the people who worked with her walked on eggshells the whole time.""​

I have a family member who worked on the WB lot and this is what they have said, you are not allowed to talk to her if you were to run into her around the lot.

Same thing at the DreamWorks studio in the beginning and Steven Spielberg....you weren't even supposed to look at him if he walked by you.

And even if these rules came from others and not the celebrity wouldn't they wonder why everyone who worked there kind of avoided them. :confused3

I have a family member who worked on the WB lot and this is what they have said, you are not allowed to talk to her if you were to run into her around the lot.

Same thing at the DreamWorks studio in the beginning and Steven Spielberg....you weren't even supposed to look at him if he walked by you.

And even if these rules came from others and not the celebrity wouldn't they wonder why everyone who worked there kind of avoided them. :confused3

To me there is a difference is saying, "Don't stare and gawk at them, or chatter away like fanatical or adoring fans. They just want to be treated like they are normal human beings," vs. "Don't look at the person," like you are not even worthy of making eye contact with them if that happens, or are worth their acknowledgement that you are in the room with them.

To me there is a difference is saying, "Don't stare and gawk at them, or chatter away like fanatical or adoring fans. They just want to be treated like they are normal human beings," vs. "Don't look at the person," like you are not even worthy of making eye contact with them if that happens, or are worth their acknowledgement that you are in the room with them.
Seems like I've heard this about other celebs also. They make their money off the public, but can't be bothered to make eye contact with any of them.

There's this segment on the show where they take signs (public signs that are out for advertising purposes) and find something funny about them to ridicule. The thing is, they do it without consulting the business or person who is the object of the joke. In this case it was a lady realtor who's name is Titi. Not only did were the titty-jokes totally cringe-worthy, they showed the realtor's signs with her phone number on them. When the woman complained, rather than just making an apology, Ellen doubled-down and ran the segment several more times. Really, really reprehensible behavior and a completely uncalled-for victimization** of an innocent party.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta...a-woman-titi-pierce-says-ellen-degeneres.html
**victimization is not exactly the right word, but I can't call to mind anything better. This took place in 2016. If it happened today, I'd imagine there would be a whole different view of Ellen ridiculing this lady's African-origin name.

I remember hearing about that now. I used to think her show game of games was pretty funny until someone said it was just like a king paying his court jesters to make fools of themselves for his entertainment. That made me look at it differently and made me realize maybe she isn’t as sweet as she comes off.

There are 2 things happening and probably both have some to a lot of truth in them
1. Several months ago, someone on Twitter asked: tell me the mean stuff about Ellen Degeneres (the person). Plenty of responses, like the chipped nail polish.
2. Recently people who worked on the show came out to tell how they were treated by Ellen (the show).

For the first one she is probably blind to judge her own behaviour and for the second she choses to be blind.

For reasons above mentioned about the show and its segments, I am not a fan and never watched a show in full.

He could have had the ego to pull, what Ellen is accused of, not thinking other people are important enough to spend extra time on, and never offered to stay and help.
Celebrities don't get a say in whose talk shows they're booked on? Ellen's been on Jimmy Kimmel Live! ten times over the years, and Kimmel's been on Ellen 20 times since 2004.

I remember hearing about that now. I used to think her show game of games was pretty funny until someone said it was just like a king paying his court jesters to make fools of themselves for his entertainment. That made me look at it differently and made me realize maybe she isn’t as sweet as she comes off.
I've never watched Game of Games, but aren't contestants voluntary? And isn't the goal of any television show to be popular, garner ratings, and earn money?

I've never watched Game of Games, but aren't contestants voluntary? And isn't the goal of any television show to be popular, garner ratings, and earn money?
Yes, unlike the unfortunate realtor that she randomly chose to ridicule and humiliate. And the stupidest thing about that is I'm sure there are countless people/businesses that would have LOVED to be on that segment; thrilled for the publicity and to be part of the show. Why the production team wouldn't do 5-minutes worth of front work to contact potential participants and ask them and get releases and whatnot signed is simply beyond me. :sad2: Interestingly (yet sickening), the realtor had her lawsuit dismissed and the Ellen Show maintained the whole thing as just a big joke. Yeah, hilarious.
https://www.thewrap.com/ellen-degeneres-show-lawsuit-over-titi-joke-tossed-out-by-judge/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter