Ellen's Energy Adventure photos

matthew_hull

The Once and Future Disney Fan
One of my goals of my most recent trip to WDW was to attempt to get some decent photos of Ellen's Energy Adventure. I know it isn't everyone's favorite ride, but I like it, and I really had an "Oh My God" moment the first time that I saw that opening panorama with the dinosaurs. I tried to capture it, with only poor success. These were captured at 1600 ISO using an f/2 35mm lens. Noise-reduction and cropping done in Post.

epcot_eea_ellen_bill.jpg

epcot_eea_dinos0.jpg

epcot_eea_dinos1.jpg

epcot_eea_dinos2.jpg

Several years ago, my daughter worked at Universe of Energy. One time when I was there, she took me through it after it closed, with the lights on.

UnofEnergy2.jpg
UnofEnergy3.jpg

UnofEnergy4.jpg
UnofEnergy5.jpg

UnonEnergy1.jpg

I'm actually looking to try this again with the Sigma 30mm F1.4 - didn't have a chance earlier this month. My only attempts so far were not great -with a 50mm F1.7 and shooting ISO3200 but neglected to increase the shutter speeds by underexposing a bit in A priority. Shutter speeds were a ridiculous 1/8, which on a moving ride = blurry!:

101086676.jpg

101086677.jpg

66-100609090940-1.jpeg

Probably not many people have photographed this:

101086678.jpg

From memory (the files are not conveniently available over here for me to check) I believe I used the Canon 35mm f/2 lens, at max 1600 ISO. I don't recall the shutter speeds, but obviously faster would have been better. The posted images have all been cleaned up with Photoshop. I remember that I used Spot metering for the exposure, and I also employed the spray-and-pray method to get at least a few decent shots. The only purpose of riding EEA this time around was to attempt to photograph the opening scene. I feel that I had fair success at that, although capturing the shadow-detail was beyond me. And it is difficult to capture the wonderful smell of the place with a camera ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter