EMH at MK - 7DMT AND Peter pan??

4Hawks

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso
We are planning to be at the park at 7:45 am (taking a Minnie Van), with 2 kids and a double stroller. Can we make it past security/bag check and to one of the rides in time to have a short wait? Then ride the other ride before EMH is over? Is it better to do Peter Pan or 7DMT first? (Touring plans predicts the crowd level at 4 that day).

We are planning to be at the park at 7:45 am (taking a Minnie Van), with 2 kids and a double stroller. Can we make it past security/bag check and to one of the rides in time to have a short wait? Then ride the other ride before EMH is over? Is it better to do Peter Pan or 7DMT first? (Touring plans predicts the crowd level at 4 that day).

Arriving at 7:45 is not at all "early" for an 8AM EMH.
You will be behind a lot of other guests at the security bag check and then at the entrance.
I would be at least 30 min. earlier.

As to which of those attractions to ride first, take your pick.
By the time you are finished riding the first one, the other will have a major standby waiting line.
You might be able to ride both within the EMH hour.

Last edited:
Most people go to SDMT. We always go to PPF first, but we always have a FP for SDMT and don’t waste time in line for it during EMH. If the park opens at 8, there will be lots of people in front of you at 7:45. For SDMT, I’d be there earlier, the line builds for it quickly. On the bright side, doesn’t sound like it’s going to be a terribly busy day if the prediction is accurate.

We always get to the park about an hour before it opens. If you were to get there at 7:00 am you should be able to do both rides (7DMT first then PP). Getting there at 7:45 you probably could only expect to do one of them.

On an EMH morning, do you have to be there quite as early as a regular park day?
Touring plans is showing a 22 minute wait this Friday for SDMT at 8am. And I know their plan doesn’t expect that we are “rope dropping”. 22min doesn’t sound bad if I can get there 30min ahead of time instead of 60min.

Just remember, every person who stays onsite can be there for EMH. They won't, but could be. That potentially is a lot of people.
Thats why, to maximize EMH, you need to be there early. I would say you need to be through security by 45 minutes before EMH start. Less than that and you will be behind a large group of people and have a long line for what popular ride you want to do.
I would not base my arrival time based on Touring Plans estimated wait times or any other calendar.

I would not base my arrival time based on Touring Plans estimated wait times or any other calendar.

True for just about any day of the year.

At WDW, it is better to arrive far too early, than to arrive one minute too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!