RCCL changed our ship and itinerary (Empress of the Seas to Majesty)

We did the 7 hour Best of Havana tour. We had a wonderful guide that was very informative. We toured Revolution Square, Colon Cemetery, Fusturlandia, Hemingway House and we stopped at a cigar store. We also stopped for lunch and at a large market before they dropped us off back at the ship. It was a full 8 hours.

Did you stop at all the places for photo ops -- or was it more of a drive by? Thanks for all the tips.

We stopped at each stop for about 15 or 20 minutes. Lots of time for photo ops. Hemingway house was longer. There was an outdoor bar with music where we had a drink before going on to our next stop. Lunch was at least an hour with a drink before lunch was served and cigars for everyone after dessert.

We stopped at each stop for about 15 or 20 minutes. Lots of time for photo ops. Hemingway house was longer. There was an outdoor bar with music where we had a drink before going on to our next stop. Lunch was at least an hour with a drink before lunch was served and cigars for everyone after dessert.

Thanks so much.

I just got back from the 5-night cruise to Cuba on Empress. We had a blast. If you can do the 5-night, do it!!! The ship is in great shape, and we had a lively bunch of travelers. The food was great.

Havana was awesome. This trip was me and my adult daughter and we didn't book any ship excursions. We ventured out on our own for dinner, drinks, and music, returning to the ship around midnight. Never felt unsafe walking around the city on our own. We booked a 3 hour classic car tour on our own, and we had the best guide. Found a spot for lunch in the afternoon before heading back to the ship. We booked and did our own stuff because we wanted to support the people, not the government, as much as possible. The ship's excursions are backed by the government.

I just got back from the 5-night cruise to Cuba on Empress. We had a blast. If you can do the 5-night, do it!!! The ship is in great shape, and we had a lively bunch of travelers. The food was great.

Havana was awesome. This trip was me and my adult daughter and we didn't book any ship excursions. We ventured out on our own for dinner, drinks, and music, returning to the ship around midnight. Never felt unsafe walking around the city on our own. We booked a 3 hour classic car tour on our own, and we had the best guide. Found a spot for lunch in the afternoon before heading back to the ship. We booked and did our own stuff because we wanted to support the people, not the government, as much as possible. The ship's excursions are backed by the government.

That's how we feel about the excursions! Where did you find the tour guide for the classic car tour -- did you book ahead or just found someone when you walked off the ship?

We are actually doing the 6-night -- stops in Key West one day, and then Cuba for almost two full days (pulls in at 8 a.m. and leaves at 8 p.m. the next day).

I didn't know you could go off the ship on your own -- I thought that you were required to stay with a group for that "people-to-people" requirement -- or has that changed?

That's how we feel about the excursions! Where did you find the tour guide for the classic car tour -- did you book ahead or just found someone when you walked off the ship?

We are actually doing the 6-night -- stops in Key West one day, and then Cuba for almost two full days (pulls in at 8 a.m. and leaves at 8 p.m. the next day).

I didn't know you could go off the ship on your own -- I thought that you were required to stay with a group for that "people-to-people" requirement -- or has that changed?

Well we booked a tour, which counts, and no one stops you from going ashore. Remember, it's not the Cuban government or the ship that is putting those things into place, it's the US government, and there are more than just US citizens on the ship, and tourism from other countries has been going strong in Cuba for many, many years. You just need to keep your paperwork for 5 years. Now things may change with the new parameters that were set, but these are not in affect yet. You have to fill out the certification from before you sail, and keep a copy for yourself. I also kept my E-mails from the tour company I booked with, and from the restaurant where we had dinner reservations.

We booked ahead of time with http://www.oldcartours.com/ and had a great tour guide. They were recommended by someone else we tried to book that was not available.

Well we booked a tour, which counts, and no one stops you from going ashore. Remember, it's not the Cuban government or the ship that is putting those things into place, it's the US government, and there are more than just US citizens on the ship, and tourism from other countries has been going strong in Cuba for many, many years. You just need to keep your paperwork for 5 years. Now things may change with the new parameters that were set, but these are not in affect yet. You have to fill out the certification from before you sail, and keep a copy for yourself. I also kept my E-mails from the tour company I booked with, and from the restaurant where we had dinner reservations.

We booked ahead of time with http://www.oldcartours.com/ and had a great tour guide. They were recommended by someone else we tried to book that was not available.

Thank you so much! Can you also list the restaurant you ate at? This information is so helpful. Thanks to all.

We are on the Empress next February - not a Cuba cruise though. Still, traveling with SWMBO. SiL, BiL, and two very good friends from Virginia. Absolutely looking forward to it.

We are on the Empress next February - not a Cuba cruise though. Still, traveling with SWMBO. SiL, BiL, and two very good friends from Virginia. Absolutely looking forward to it.

Would also love to hear a trip report. Thanks.

We had dinner at La Guarida.

Did you make reservations in advance? I tried making a reservation for our trip in November through their website but never got a confirmation back (just an automatic "we've received your request" email). I'm guessing I'm just too early and should try again closer to our trip.

Did you make reservations in advance? I tried making a reservation for our trip in November through their website but never got a confirmation back (just an automatic "we've received your request" email). I'm guessing I'm just too early and should try again closer to our trip.

My daughter made the reservation. It did take them about a week to get back to her. Remember, they don't have the best Internet service.

I won't have anything until the end of October. :)

Jill in CO

so where are you guys getting the two days in Cuba cruises? I only see one day from 8 am -8pm on Royal

so where are you guys getting the two days in Cuba cruises? I only see one day from 8 am -8pm on Royal

There are special Havana overnight sailings. I'm on the October 16th cruise.

Jill in CO

There are special Havana overnight sailings. I'm on the October 16th cruise.

Jill in CO

ahhh thank you - my mom wanted to go for her retirement but she only saw the one day ones. is there a list or something to search for the overnight special sailings?

ahhh thank you - my mom wanted to go for her retirement but she only saw the one day ones. is there a list or something to search for the overnight special sailings?

Our cruise next year is also overnight: arrive 8 a.m. the first day and leave 8 p.m. the second day. Our's is a 6-night that also goes to Key West.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!