ENDLESS SUMMER RESORT.

My feeling is that some people don’t understand the resort before going in. If you’re unaware that you are not going to get full cleanings every day then that is going to be a shock and can be contrived as bad housekeeping where as it is the complete opposite. Your getting exactly what you have been promised, a bed that’s made daily and an occasional sweep. Scratchy sheets? I don’t know for sure if that’s true however everyone feels things differently plus your not going to get five star amenities in a three star hotel. Food courts always need improvement, that’s the nature of the beast.
We will be staying there for seven nights in October so I’ll make a final decision on my feelings then however I’ll be paying $77 a night and I’ll be going in having a good idea of what’s going to happen so I’m happy.
I’ll post a short review then.

I agree with that. I am only staying for two nights, so housekeeping means very little to me, and unless the towels are actually made of sandpaper, a slightly rough towel isn’t going to ruin my day. As far as the food, I am planning on eating at city walk or in the parks, so I don’t care about the food all that much. What drew me to Endless summer was the room setup, with the three beds. It’s perfect for parents with teens who want extra space and a separate bedroom for the parent. It is a lot like AoA at WDW which was one of my favorite room set ups, but it is nearly 1/3 the price.

I agree with that. I am only staying for two nights, so housekeeping means very little to me, and unless the towels are actually made of sandpaper, a slightly rough towel isn’t going to ruin my day. As far as the food, I am planning on eating at city walk or in the parks, so I don’t care about the food all that much. What drew me to Endless summer was the room setup, with the three beds. It’s perfect for parents with teens who want extra space and a separate bedroom for the parent. It is a lot like AoA at WDW which was one of my favorite room set ups, but it is nearly 1/3 the price.
If it was a true family suite with two batbathrooms, I'd probably feel differently. But one bathroom for four adults (one of whom is sick frequently due to end stage renal disease) on top of the housekeeping thing and the bad reviews just combined to make CB a better choice for us.

Just got back from a 10 day stay.

The good:
Inexpensive, two room suite is spacious, bus transportation never an issue.

The meh:
Towels are a little scratchy but not enough for the world to stop turning. Beds were fine, not great but not bad.

The bad:
Full room cleaning needs to be every 4 or 5 days, 7 days is too long. “Housekeeping “ comes whenever they feel like it and if you don’t let them in, they won’t come back. One day they came at 7:15, not the best time for a family of 4. We said we can be out in a few minutes, however they never returned that day. Another day we were out at 7 and came back from the park around 4 and the room wasn’t touched. We called down but no luck so we had to go down and get towels and tissue. The food is overpriced and really not worth half the price. A 3 foot pool? Really?? No water pressure in the shower.

That and the fact that, with the exception of the Harry Potter areas, the Universal parks are horribly run down (multiple rides down in each park each day and for no reason), we won’t return to Universal. Disney World is expensive, granted, but they give you your money’s worth and the cast members are nice and concerned for the guests. Universal doesn’t seem to care about the guests or the condition of their parks.

Just got back from a 10 day stay.

The good:
Inexpensive, two room suite is spacious, bus transportation never an issue.

The meh:
Towels are a little scratchy but not enough for the world to stop turning. Beds were fine, not great but not bad.

The bad:
Full room cleaning needs to be every 4 or 5 days, 7 days is too long. “Housekeeping “ comes whenever they feel like it and if you don’t let them in, they won’t come back. One day they came at 7:15, not the best time for a family of 4. We said we can be out in a few minutes, however they never returned that day. Another day we were out at 7 and came back from the park around 4 and the room wasn’t touched. We called down but no luck so we had to go down and get towels and tissue. The food is overpriced and really not worth half the price. A 3 foot pool? Really?? No water pressure in the shower.

That and the fact that, with the exception of the Harry Potter areas, the Universal parks are horribly run down (multiple rides down in each park each day and for no reason), we won’t return to Universal. Disney World is expensive, granted, but they give you your money’s worth and the cast members are nice and concerned for the guests. Universal doesn’t seem to care about the guests or the condition of their parks.

I obviously haven't been to this hotel, but I have to disagree with your last paragraph. Kind of reads like you went in with the idea that Disney is better and looked for things to support your opinion. I have been to Universal many times and found nothing but clean parks and happy, enthusiastic TMs.

I obviously haven't been to this hotel, but I have to disagree with your last paragraph. Kind of reads like you went in with the idea that Disney is better and looked for things to support your opinion. I have been to Universal many times and found nothing but clean parks and happy, enthusiastic TMs.

That`s always been our experience too Eve......

I love the way Universal are always updating and working on anything that needs updating......last visit Seuss was being painted over in smaller sections so as not to impact guests too much, same with the NY area of the Studios........….and we have never came across surly or uncaring TM…...our experience in all our visits has been the opposite......

TM are always friendly, courteous and couldn't do enough for us.....Universal certainly does care about guest satisfaction...….but that's just our experience of course...….

Would hate anyone to see only one opinion when it`s negative. Our experiences have only ever been positive...…. :thumbsup2

Looks like I am going to have the hotel to myself :eek: and :D

For me the price is very good with the park perks. I like the location for other things in walking distance and the I trolley for shopping :D
I'll be staying a Disney the week before so a more relaxed time will be needed and much less planning.
I'm going to look on the bright side and plan a little
Scratchy towels could be good for exfoliation :rotfl2:
I'm there for a few days so I'll take an antibacterial wipes for surfaces .
3ft pool, thats OK for cooling off and I will be going to Volcano Bay and Aquatica so that covered.
Food court, I wouldn't bother anyway other than a coffee, there are loads of places to eat just down the road.
I bought ear plugs in case the walls are thin. Actually my husband said I should give some to my neighbors in case of my snoring :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think thats everything covered :D

Last edited:

For me the price is very good with the park perks. I like the location for other things in walking distance and the I trolley for shopping :D
I'll be staying a Disney the week before so a more relaxed time will be needed and much less planning.
3ft pool, thats OK for cooling off and I will be going to Volcano Bay and Aquatica so that covered.
Food court, I wouldn't bother anyway other than a coffee, there are loads of place to eat just down the road.
I bought ear plugs in case the walls are thin. Actually my husband said I should give some to my neighbors in case of my snoring :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Lol......I love your positivity!!! Always find the silver lining........ :thumbsup2

Food court, I wouldn't bother anyway other than a coffee, there are loads of places to eat just down the road.

Never heard of this. Going to have to investigate. Is this far from the resort?

I'm sorry if this doesn't relate to the thread so well, but -- how does the I RIde Trolley work, exactly? Is the stop near the entrance for the hotel?
I've never used any type of public transportation in Orlando before, but I did buy a week's pass for this one and, would like to hear any personal experiences.

I'm sorry if this doesn't relate to the thread so well, but -- how does the I RIde Trolley work, exactly? Is the stop near the entrance for the hotel?
I've never used any type of public transportation in Orlando before, but I did buy a week's pass for this one and, would like to hear any personal experiences.
Where did you purchase your pass? I've been investigating this as well and can't wait to hear answers. I think I'll check out the transportation thread to see if there is anything there.

We just returned from a 5 night stay in a regular room and had a great time.

Pros:
  • The decor of the whole resort was a big positive for me. I loved the blues used in the rooms - the ceiling was painted a very pale blue, the curtains were blue and white, and there was lots of aqua too. Very pretty with a bright and summery feel! The common areas were beautiful too. The pool even had pale blue chairs with white trim.
  • Beds and pillows were comfy - slept well.
  • No noise from other rooms - I'm sure this could change depending on who is next to you.
  • Lots of square feet in the bedroom (but bathroom is a bit small).
  • Loved having a Starbucks in the lobby - went there every day.
  • Staff was great! Check in was a breeze and room was ready at 9:30 am! They gave me a choice of locations, and they were very helpful when I had to check out a day earlier than planned.
  • Everything was incredibly clean.
  • Housekeeping did a great job with our room and left extra toiletries twice.
  • Huge full length dressing mirror.
  • Transportation was so easy. There was almost always a bus waiting each time we walked up. The two times there was no bus waiting, we only waited about 5 minutes before a bus arrived.
  • Walking distance to local restaurants and shops.
  • Value! For the price point I was very happy with the resort. We paid about $74/night plus $15/night for parking. I booked a long time ago and got a nice rate. If you have a large family the 2 room suite would be a great value.
Cons:
  • Towels were small and rough. The towels for the pool were larger, but still low quality.
  • Bathroom sink is not closed off and the light for it is paired with the foyer light. The light switch turns on both lights, so if you use the sink at night, the light might bother others if they are trying to sleep. Also there is only one switch and it is at the front door.
  • Pool music was too loud and lots of pop and dance music. I would prefer music that matched the beach theme.
  • Closet is small and is only covered by a curtain.
  • No magnified make up mirror.

We didn't try the onsite restaurant but it looked pretty. Menu didn't appeal to me. We ate at the parks and also went to Hash House a Go Go, Keke's, and Coco Thai. Coco Thai is right next to the parking garage so we walked there, but drove to the other two. All good - especially Hash House and their bacon waffles with chicken.

By the way, the Universal parks were very clean. We went to Disney for one night before Universal and I have to say it wasn't as clean as I'm used to. Bathrooms and common areas needed attention. I was surprised.
Volcano Bay was lots of fun and a very beautiful park too.

Would I recommend Surfside? Absolutely. If you go in realizing it is a Value property I think you will like it. If you want more luxury, then there are many other choices that would make you happier.

Where did you purchase your pass? I've been investigating this as well and can't wait to hear answers. I think I'll check out the transportation thread to see if there is anything there.
Hi
You can find all the info from the website. Just type i trolley and it will come up.
There's a map of stops.
From what I can see it runs up and down International drive.
We won't have a car so I'm trying this for the first time.
Looks very handy for the outlet centre.
i also looked at the lynx bus they go to Florida Mall and and only cost a couple of dollars. You could check out that web site as well 😀

Last edited:
If anyone is going soon, could they please post a pic of the in room refrigerator? People are posting that the fridge is bigger than expected on other travel sites. I am buying some groceries for our week and would love to know how much room I will have. MUCH appreciated! 😎😎😎

Not really. We weren’t looking for a reason to dislike Universal. Actually, we really have enjoyed Universal in the past and have gone multiple times. There is no escaping the fact that there was some painting needed and we experienced many attractions being down throughout our stay. Perhaps a quirk, but it did occur. Now, Spider-Man, ET, Gringotts and the Mummy were phenomenal and we discussed going back to universal just to experience those again.

I just stayed here for three nights mid-September. I really liked the hotel and will stay here again.

Good
Staff was so friendly!! They really went above and beyond.
The room was very spacious and clean. I liked how it was decorated. The beds were very comfortable.
We only ate at the food court once but it was good. I liked that they use the freestyle machines for the mugs.

We did not use the transportation to the parks as we had a car (and annual pass with free parking at the parks).

The bad
The bath towels are sandpaper.
The mini fridge did not get very cold.

Attachments

• E9946E89-B3A3-4BDB-A9AE-7E90A3B62017.jpeg
    E9946E89-B3A3-4BDB-A9AE-7E90A3B62017.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 6C1F641F-75C1-4152-B884-85D8BB6F43DB.jpeg
    6C1F641F-75C1-4152-B884-85D8BB6F43DB.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 818DB5DA-8120-42E0-8E7E-47231A0FFD04.jpeg
    818DB5DA-8120-42E0-8E7E-47231A0FFD04.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 98984064-CAFB-478B-8A5D-306EC16EFB62.jpeg
    98984064-CAFB-478B-8A5D-306EC16EFB62.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 06A939AC-64D9-4A9B-9E6D-CDD0E958643D.jpeg
    06A939AC-64D9-4A9B-9E6D-CDD0E958643D.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 70
  • BC91047F-1EDB-4C29-B999-61D9DE866354.jpeg
    BC91047F-1EDB-4C29-B999-61D9DE866354.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 68

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!