Engineering problem at BWV - moved to BWI?

I get it. A comp makes people feel better because they got something for being jerked around. Well if at the start of my vacation I got jerked around, it would set a tone that would affect my vacation for days. That's just how I am wired. A comp does not fix that for me. What fixes that for me is to roll with it and have a good vacation regardless.
I never said the OP was entitled to a comp or not. I said roll with it and have a nice vacation and that a comp does not make a guest whole. I also said Bwv is trying what would it take for you to feel better. I did not say you should get this or that but ask for the moon if you want.
I have gotten a comp but it does not make up for the anguish created by being jerked around it's an attempt at paying damages. I don't want damages, don't jerk me around and if you do, I have to roll with it or my vacation is affected.

Thanks for all the replies - sometimes it's hard to tell if we're overreacting in our quest for the "perfect" vacation, so it's nice to get some perspective.

I eventually got a phone call from a manager who said that we could request a microwave for the room. She also offered to move us down a few rooms into an actual Boardwalk view, and the room is very nice. Still no fireworks view or waking up to Spaceship Earth out the window, but nice. :)

Wish I had pushed a little harder, but trying to just enjoy the fact that I'm here!

I definitely agree with PP that you should contact the satisfaction team at MS and if it were me, I'd try like hell to get some points back. It's not where you booked and it's not what you booked. It doesn't have to be awful to be inadequate. You booked the studio with a boardwalk view with points you bought and paid for, for a reason.

Anything less than that, regardless of the reason, should be compensated back to you in some way. If you had paid cash at BWI for a view of the boardwalk or a garden suite, and they put you in a standard view room (not a suite), you'd have a right to claim back the difference in price. You're points should be somewhat (even if one nights) refunded into your account, or at least they can give you a one day park pass or dinner in Flying Fish. Something to compensate for the cost difference and inconvenience.

JMHO and I'd be sweet and patient, but diligent and adamant about it.

Good luck.

Just wanted to give you all a quick update because you provided such helpful feedback.

We really enjoyed our trip, but I did send an email to the address provided by DisneyNutz when we got back. It took a little bit of phone tag, but I finally did get a response from DVC, and they were very nice. I tried to be polite in my email and just throw all of our concerns out in a calm way, but I did request the adjustment in points.

I actually spoke to two different representatives, and both agreed that more should have been done during our trip because of the unexpected situation. The points were adjusted so we got some of them back, and honestly? I'm satisfied with that.

Thanks again to everyone!

Good news that you got the adjustment you wanted.

Everytime people follow DisneyNutz's advice regarding contract DVC Member Satisfaction, it seems to work. I hope I never need to contact them, but I definitely will if the situation calls for it. They definitely work for the member.

I actually spoke to two different representatives, and both agreed that more should have been done during our trip because of the unexpected situation.
I wonder what they think should have been done. Did they tell you anything?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter