• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Entertainment Book for Orlando Area

• Thread starter pixie dust gal!
  • Start date
P

pixie dust gal!

I am not sure if anyone is aware of this:

www.entertainment.com

Orlando Book

They have offers for local restaurants like Jungle Jims(Crossroads - $9 value)
Several of the entertainment shows - Sleuth Mystery Show, Arabian Nights, etc. (value $15 each)
Trattoria del Porto (Portofino Bay Hotel) Value $16
Many, many more..........

They also have a printable coupon off their website for $5 off a purchase of food/merchandise at Planet Hollywood.

Thought this might interest someone!

:D

I think we'll probably buy one before our next trip to Orlando. Our local area doesn't have a book, so we might as well buy the Orlando book. I'm sure there are lots of people who are in the same situation.

Thanks for reminding everyone!

we wanted to get 2 free meals for every 2 purchased... and i ck'd w/Entertainment, and they said we'd need two cards! but if u r planning to eat out for 10 days... its a steal! BTW recommend Pebbles in Buena Vista, great DUCK!

Last year we purchased the Entertainment Book for our 16 day trip. (We don't normally go for this long, but it was a special 25th anniv. trip) We saved $258! Two of the best offers we used were buy one get one free meals for the Maya Grill in CS (this also gave us a good excuse to tour the resort) and also for Max's Cafe in Celebration, FL. We used it for dinners in several Orlando area restaurants as well as mini golf and other attractions. When the trip was over, I removed all of the nationwide tickets (McD's,and other fast food, plus some stores). Then I left it on the back seat when we returned the rental car. Hopefully someone from the area got to use the remained of the book.

since it is halfway through the year? Was wondering if we still have to pay full price or can get a discount. :)

~Sheila

I got mine too. I'v done a spread sheet in Excel for the trip meals and it looks like we'll save about $100+ on food and another $50 on car rental (unless I get it cheaper on Priceline). Well worth the $30 I forked out. We have a party of 3 or I'd buy another.

A friend of mine & their family get to Orlando the day before we leave so I'm giving it to her. She's also buying one of her own(their party is 5). So they can use it in doubles.

Wondered if I should call ahead on the fine dining to make sure they take it? Any experience with places declining it??

:pinkbounc

All of the entertainment books are $10 Off for the month of June according to details on
Travel Coupons Online The discount is reflected on the price you are quoted on the site. Orlando book is now $20(Normally $30), St. Petersburg book is $10 (Normall $20), Tampa book is sold out.

www.entertainment.com

is selling several of the Florida books at a discount that equals the other websites as well. Orlando is $20.00 right now.

You can actually go to the site and select casual dining, type of food, etc. and "view" the restaurants that are participating. You can actually do some planning this way! I did.

Hope this helps!!!!!!

FYI - I just spoke w/ the Orlando Entertainment Office and the book is selling there for $30 + $4 S&H. If you go directly to the link above it is selling for $20!

Also, your "local" entertainment card cannot be used in the Orlando area - they have a distinct 2 digit code at the end of your member # that tells the town/city they are honored in.

Hope this helps!:D

I understood when I purchased my local book that the card would be honored anywhere the Entertainment Card was accepted. Is this wrong? Why would they offer discounts at different hotels in different states if it weren't going to be honored outside your local area.

Msr709,

Forgive me if I have confused you! All Entertainment cards may be used universally 'nationwide' for car rentals, hotels, airlines, etc. that are offered in the book.

You cannot, however, use it for dining at local restaurants in the Orlando area, unless you purchased the Entertainmnt Book specifically for the Orlando area.

Hope I haven't added to the confusion!:confused:

I got a good rate at HRH using the EC rate. Is this where you get the entertainment card, in this book? This may sound like a dumb question! I was going to order the book today, but maybe I should get the Orlando one. Can I use my local book for HRH?

You can use your local book for discounts on hotels in other cities. I used mine to make a ressie at Swan/Dolphin.

Thanks Pixiedust gal for the clarification, I thought that was the deal but I got a little confused. I can't wait for August!:p :bounce: :p :bounce: :p :bounce:

I envy you Pixiedust Gal! Have a wonderful trip and I hope to see a trip report if you have the time!:p :bounce: :p :bounce: :p :bounce: :p :bounce:

Have a great trip! Look forward to reading your posts on HRH when I return - we'll compare notes! LOL;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter