entertainment book

brankal

Earning My Ears
Hi guys!!
I'm new to this board, but it looks amazing!!! Tons of information. I'm sorry if you guys have already answered this question, but.......
:rolleyes:
I have an entertainment book for Little Rock and I logged on the entertainment website to get the quotes for the hotels and none of Universal's was listed. Do I need to buy Orlando's entertainment book or is there a number I can call to get the rate by using my card in my book? How can I get those awesome rates? Also by using the express pass to get on the rides, do you miss much anything good by skipping to the front of the line?
Help Please!!!!!!

Welcome to the Universal Boards! :)

Any Entertainmnet book is fine for the ertertainment discount. You can call 1800 BE A STAR to request the rates for your dates but they have not been released yet. You dont even need the card to call and check you just need it for check-in at the hotel should you book this rate.

Some of the rides/attractions have really neat queues. If the line doesnt seem too bad dont use the express to experience it all.

Thanks for your response!! I took the time to look at all the threads and found some more answers to questions that I had. You guys are soooo informed. What other type of discounts do you get with the fan club card at Universal?

Go here and ask tinkerbarb for a card. She is wonderful to all on this board! :)

I need you Jess! I booked HRH pool view ($135) for 10/3. I don't have an Entertainment Book. I called the Entertainment Book people at (toll free) 1-888-231-7283. They said they have the 2004's and could send it. They even said they can FedEx the thing for the extra $. They told me to call Borders here in town. Borders (new store) says they won't have the books until Nov. 1.
Where can I get the 2004? Anywhere in Orlando? Do I have to have it overnighted? Will there be enough discounts in the book to pay for the $14 savings I would get between the Ent Book and APH? Do I have to consider suicide?

You can get a $149.00 APH poolview HRH for your date right? I just looked and it is available. You are only staying one night right? I dont think I would make myself crazy trying to get the Entertainment Book if they arent in the stores yet. You would have to order online and pay what for overnight shipping? All to save $14! I would get one when you can for upcomming trips. The book itself and its coupons wont help you at all at USO since you have an AP. It will give you some great coupons for restaurants in your area and other goodies like movies ticket discounts, many other savings. Take a look at the website preview the book and see if you would get use from it!

Bottom line...you would have to pay for the book $20-25 plus the over night shipping for this one night stay.

Do I have to consider suicide?

No...unless your son cleans out the room and mini bar again!;)

*Edited to add...Maybe you can ask around a friend or family member may have the 2003 card and you CAN use that. At check-in all they ask for is the card.

I have to admit that I'm not as computer savvy as a 4 year old but when I go to the Entertainment Book website and enter orlando then enter orlando, fl because the site doesn't recognize orlando until the next prompt for hotels. When I read the rates for hotels I have to ask "Whats all the hubbub about Entertainment Rates?" They show Westgate Lakes 190/night when I got it 10 days ago for 60 via Hotwire. I think that the book must have a coupon that reads 50% off rack rates for this and that hotel. I guess I won't have to tip over a liquor store to foot the extra $14 bucks. The play dumb I forgot the book won't work? I hope I can get the $149 APH. If not there will be a ritual disembowelment in the HRH lobby. We are staying at RPR Saturday and got the room from Hotel Kingdom for $111, Entertainment rates would be 109. Well $16 isn't close to the cost of all the items in the mini-bar. I'm going to request additional security measures be put on the mini-bar. Maybe an armed guard. Know anyone that can use tiny bottles of gin?

Hey! Dont they offer Fla. resident rates too? Give em a call and check that out!

As far as the 50% off rates...you cant get em online you have to call 1 800 BE A STAR amd request it. Or any of the other Universal #'s or even Loews Hotels 800 #. No coupon for them in the book just the card is needed. You can even book the APH rate online and if you need...I will walk ya through it!

Know anyone that can use tiny bottles of gin?

No...can you make it vodka?:p

You sound like my secretary, "I'll walk ya through it." APH @149 through the Loews site was better than FAN or FLO. FYI HotelKingdom had PBH for 156. But we've been over that.
I guess what I have to do is:
1. Find someone with a card willing to loan it. Or...
2. Call HRH and admit that the dog ate my Ent. Card. Can I get APH??
Cancel the offer on the gin. I'm going to have it!!

Motherfletcher, I have a 2003 card that I don't need. I'll be glad to send it to you if you pm me your address.

On 9/12 I booked ent rate for 12/21-12/23 and knew I would have to come up with a book (and card) before my trip. Three or four days later, I walked into my office and a co worker was selling the books to raise money for her daughter's nursery school.

I tell you this because it may be beneficial to call around to some non-profits (churches, schools, etc.) to see if they are selling the books as a fundraiser. Also, I saw a sign on the local senior center which read "The 2004 Entertainment Books are here!" Good luck.

Thanks AlexandNessa but I'm leaving in 52 hours. I think I'll throw myself on the mercy of the check in person for APH rates. I once checked in at the Wilderness Lodge and was helped by Shawn from Hell, Wy? I just hope I don't get the real check in clerk fro HELL. I wonder how Shawn got a job with the Mouse being from there? And them putting it on her badge?
There are more threads on this than my daughters first blankie. I have never used the Entertainment Book but it sounds like the good run might be over.

AlexandNessa,

I really, really need your help. I have lost my 03 Ent. card, and am leaving in 5 days. We will be at Beach Club first 7 nights then 3 night cruise then the HRH. I booked a long time ago with my card, and got a great rate, (now can't find the card:confused: )!!!

I'm so worried. Is there any way you could mail the card to me at the beach club at this address:

Disney's Beach Club Resort

1800 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830
(407) 934-8000

I will be happy to put $ in the mail to you today if you can PM me your address.

Thanks soooo much!!!!

Don't get too worried about the Entertainment Book. I checked in to HRH Friday afternoon and, always being careful not to lie in front of my kids, said that I looked all over the house for the book and couldn't find it ( because I never had one). I asked if I could just have APH rates and she said I could have Ent. Rates. HELPFUL HINT: Tell the check-in person that Loews is always bugging you to give them the name of an employee that goes 'beyond the call' and ask for their last name. I got 6th floor pool view for $135.

The entertainment rate only covers the room. You would need to buy your tickets separately, but there are deals to be had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter