EPCOT and AK Fastpass Drops

lisa cameron

Mouseketeer
Epcot has FP drops for Soarin and TT at 11:30, 1:30 and 3:30?
AK has drops for FOP at 11:31, 1:01, 3:01?

I know those drops are specific times, but cannot remember. What is the window for when those FP can be used?

Each FP is good for 1 hour. You often can get in line about 5 minutes early and there is a grace period (supposedly up to 15 minutes) after the FP expires.

Sorry, my question wasn’t well worded. I know a FP is good for 1 hr plus grace period but if there is a 3:30 FP drop for soarin/test track, what time is the FP typically good for? How long after the drop? If drop at 3:30pm, is it for 4:30pm?

When you say FP drop, are you referring to when Disney releases more FP's for a certain ride/park? If so, I don't think we have that specific of information. If and when they do a "drop" there is no way to tell how many they are dropping, or when they are for. If I had a guess, it is based on an algorithm that figures up when standby lines are shorter, hence they release more FP's to fill those lines... these could be set times or I would assume they could change them up.

Sorry, my question wasn’t well worded. I know a FP is good for 1 hr plus grace period but if there is a 3:30 FP drop for soarin/test track, what time is the FP typically good for? How long after the drop? If drop at 3:30pm, is it for 4:30pm?
The drops consist of any FPs that are available to ‘drop.’ They aren’t for specific timeframes, plus, no one knows if drops always ‘drop.’

I think OP is referencing specific day of drops that have been happening consistently that other boards are tracking.

In my experience the drops offered a multitude of available times to choose from for the fastpass. I was able to get 4th and 5th fp’s using this method for FOP, TSMM, SDMT, etc. I did not see Slinky.

I'm confused by the question; what do we mean by drop? I understand FP+ and refresh and everything, but I'm confused about the term drop...

I'm confused by the question; what do we mean by drop? I understand FP+ and refresh and everything, but I'm confused about the term drop...

Think about it like this; Disney keeps back "buckets" of FP's for certain parks or rides and then decides to dump them, or drop them; that's when they become available for people to book them on MDX. So, the idea is at a certain time Disney dumps/drops these FP's into the system. There is evidence that Disney is/has done this, people are trying to figure out when these dumps/drops happen so they can snag better FP's.

Think about it like this; Disney keeps back "buckets" of FP's for certain parks or rides and then decides to dump them, or drop them; that's when they become available for people to book them on MDX. So, the idea is at a certain time Disney dumps/drops these FP's into the system. There is evidence that Disney is/has done this, people are trying to figure out when these dumps/drops happen so they can snag better FP's.

This...recently people have found that there are specific times that Disney is dropping ie making available certain day of fast passes. Unlike in the past this seems to be on a consistent basis at specific times.

Other boards are tracking those times and it makes it easier to obtain the fastpass you want. For example two weeks ago we rode FOP three times. Once with pre booked and twice with day of fast passes for a party of 3.

This...recently people have found that there are specific times that Disney is dropping ie making available certain day of fast passes. Unlike in the past this seems to be on a consistent basis at specific times.

Other boards are tracking those times and it makes it easier to obtain the fastpass you want. For example two weeks ago we rode FOP three times. Once with pre booked and twice with day of fast passes for a party of 3.

Ah, ok, I totally get that. I thought maybe that was the case, but until @Mome Rath explained it I wasn't sure. Thank you so much!!

I noticed a 1:31 drop at Epcot for Soarin when we were there for early march. It was for 4:30.

I tried the HS drop but it didn’t work for me on my day - but that may have been because TSM was down from rope drop-lunch.

This is all news to me. Does this mean the FP+ FAQ needs to be updated? Currently it says in #5 that there’s no such thing.

This is all news to me. Does this mean the FP+ FAQ needs to be updated? Currently it says in #5 that there’s no such thing.
The drops aren’t guaranteed.

It’s also well known that when Disney notices a large increase in day of MDX activity, the times for possible drops will be changed. So, whoever has been tracking and posting these drops will be pleased to know they probably won’t exist for long.

Most of the drops are in fact for predictable return times, not just for some random times that get released. Drops are posted on a number of sites now but are not really something they want discussed openly here.

I'll have to look closer next trip. I don't think I've ever noticed a large amount of FPs suddenly available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter