Real world has been really stressful for me lately.

Which is why in about a week's time I'm getting on a really long flight and heading to WDW!
(And Epcot - and F&W - is a big reason why I'm headed to WDW rather than any of the other Disney parks that are closer to me...)

Great point! I wish I had Epcot in my back yard. They've done Food and Wine Festivals at Disney California Adventure, but it's still not the same as the Epcot F&W in scope or feeling!

Was talking with DH just the other day about how much we like walking around Epcot, especially WS. The only park that comes close is AK (HS is laid out in a stupid way, and MK gets so crowded that walking anywhere is a chore). But you can meander around Epcot and relax.

Perfect...one of four reasons and parks why I love DisneyWorld. Some of my friends and co-workers think I'm crazy for our 1-2 (sometimes 3-4 visits a year) but with all to do in the parks, the unique theming of on-site hotels, the ability to just relax and swim, or boat, or grab a movie or bowl, and just because we don't feel the need to hit every ride knowing we'll be back soon, makes it the perfect vacation spot for us!

Great point! I wish I had Epcot in my back yard. They've done Food and Wine Festivals at Disney California Adventure, but it's still not the same as the Epcot F&W in scope or feeling!

Epcot is just amazing. F&G is really quite spectacular as well!

Looked at where you're from and saying that you have a long flight is an understatement. You must really like WDW.

Given that this is the second time I'm headed to WDW this year... ;)
I generally do fairly well on long flights though hence not too worried about the long distance flights!

My husband and I are going in Oct, without our kids, for the F&WF. Just last night I said I wanted to squeeze MK into our 5 day trip since it is my favorite. Thanks for reminding me how incredible Epcot is. I just sent my husband a text telling him I've changed my mind. Leisurely exploring Epcot with my husband sounds perfect!

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE MK! But the day at EPCOT, just DH and I, was a magical moment for me. It's the ONLY trip we've had without enjoying the frenzy and excitement of MK.

As the stresses of real life careers, family, politics, and adult responsibilities consume most of us throughout the week. I find it more and more necessary to escape all of that and land myself in the, not perfect, but damn well close enough world of Disney. Specifically, my heart park Epcot. There are few things that calm me more than the sound of the Epcot entrance music buffering the sounds of reality as I enter the park while gazing in wonder at Spaceship Earth. Walking under the sphere and smelling the familiar crayon scent of Spaceship Earth and enjoying a momentary breeze created by its unique structure makes me grin. Out in Future World, I divert my eyes from the sad state of Innoventions East and West and instead admire the timeless joy of the Fountain of Nations. My wanderings often lead me next to The Land Pavilion for yet another familiar "scentsation". Sunshine Seasons melody of food scents peppered with a hint of the unique smell of Disney water straight from the boat ride Living with the Land. Seriously is there any more relaxing ride in this park? Leaving the Land (craving a salad of course) it's off to the World Showcase, clockwise obviously! Mexico is home to the most fabulous and expensive Margarita's that ever touch my lips. This really is a requirement, don't skip this. Next up, a rapid jog past the Frozen nonsense (why do they not have a Frozen drink stand here btw) and on to China. Love all the Japanese gifts here lol. Seriously, they have a lot of Japanese specific items here, time for a authenticity check. Anyways, I love the architecture here! Also, the Tipsy Ducks in Love Drink here is the only excuse I need to justify my 90 mile journey from home. Germany, I love your music, and variations on meat found in a bun. Italy, cheese and wine 365, no festival needed! American Adventure, finest bathrooms in all of the Kingdom, turkey legs, and the majestic Voices of Liberty. Japan, so much goodness here, amazing AC, Sake, drums, Sushi, and that super overly energetic pearl lady, love her! Morocco, huge fan of Spice Road Table, the loneliest restaurant in the World Showcase. Bathroom Break. France you sexy thing you, that Orange grey goose, frozen martini thing....wow just wow. Ice cream pressed inside a roll and mixed with alcohol too, game over. United Kingdom, thank you for the memories of drunken tourists mixed with the finest pub music, always a good time. Canada, beer cheese soup and pretzel roll in my face please! So, by this time my stress and memories of the adulty things that often rob my joy are a distant memory. Epcot in its design, and precise detail, and enveloping music pulls me out of my daily reality. This place has my heart because it slaps me back into the person I truly am. It reminds me that life is more than our 9-5 career, it's about experiences that are in harmony with your inner-self. That's why Epcot is my destination, my happy place, my therapy.
Heading to this happy place tomorrow!! Bring on The Flowers and Gardens and Festivals and Orange Bird Sippy Cup toting DisNerds!

The more secluded areas of Epcot available any day regardless of crowd levels make this place a locals retreat. The Seas, not the ride, the aqua-magic that is the rest of the complex. Dolphins, Rays, sharks, little tourists seeing that magic for the first time.... Canada waterfall and gardens... visual and auditory high five. Impressions de France, soundtrack to sleep excellence, 80’s vintage video but so so good. Morocco secret indoor air conditioned art display with a random horse statue. The benches in there are my go to if my tolerance of crying babies and triple wide strollers exceeds acceptable levels. Sake bar in Japan, acceptable distance from the super overly excited pearl lady, but also a bar. Yay, sake in private. The American adventure.. voices of liberty, stand by the center but do not sit on the floor, billions of kid buger germs there. Italy, tutto gusto, wine and cheese yes, yes, yes. Germany has a $5 cheese tray and it is alway a good decision. China makes a Tipsie Ducks in Love. Enough said. Norway’s has smelly perfume and nice bathrooms. Mexico. It needs no commentary on why you need this in your life, just do it ole!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!