Epcot choices

Taratink

DIS Veteran
I need advice on a fun kid friendly restaurant at World Showcase. I am picky about buffets but I also want it to be a kid friendly rest. I have a 3 and 5 yr old who are pretty well behaved but kinda loud and always silly.
Also is the Kona Cafe at the Poly fancy?
Tara

Are you looking at Epcot specifically? I could be mistaken but I don't believe that there are any buffet restaurants at Epcot

Kona Cafe is not fancy but it is certainly good.

Not sure what would work for you at EPCOT but all restaurants there are used to children of all ages. The only restaurant I would leave out for sure is Bistro de Paris as it does have a very quiet atmosphere. Also I don't think there are any buffets there unlesss Biergarten is a buffet these days???

Biergarten would be a good choice for your kids! They have live German music at dinnertime, and they get the kids involved with dancing and having fun up by the stage! It is a buffet, but the food is very good, and the buffet is kept very clean!

Biergarten would be a great option..great show and the food is delicious.

Another recommendation would be Japan. The chef cooks your meal right in front of you.

Restaurant Akershus in Noway is the only other buffet style restaurant in Epcot, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have kids anyway. I personally love herring done everyway under the sun ("pickled herring, herring curry, herring cocktail, popcorn herring, herring chowder, herring kabobs..." - Bubba) but for kids, not so much.

We went to the Biergarten twice on our recent trip to WDW and our kids (ages 4 and 2) loved it! The food was very good and our waiters, Benji and Robert, were the BEST!!

We've gone to Akershus in Norway and have been very pleased with it. My daughter, 5, had no problem with the food. They have a cold buffet and she was able to get bread, salad, cheese and cold cuts (ham and turkey). They had a nice children's menu for dinner--in fact she got a hot dog. We enjoyed it ourselves and will definately go again. The dinner is a choice of hot meals that are made for you and are like the never ending pasta bowl at the Olive Garden--just keep ordering anything you want and they bring it to you.

The Land in Future World has a family style dinner. Teppanyaki is fun (Japan).

surprised that none has mentioned garden grill..unless i missed it (scanned posts)...They have awesome food and is a buffet style but the food comes to you, as much as u want...u dont have to go anywhere.....
chip,dale, pluto and mickey are the characters there

A 3 and a 5 year old would probably like the more informal atmosphere of The Patisserie which is found further into France...sort of behind the Bistro de Paris. You take a tray (or two) and choose your sandwiches and desserts cafeteria style in a little restaurant. (lol...that almost sounds tacky, but I assure you it is part of the yumminess of the experience to see and choose from the amazing array of attractively presented food!)

I would have my husband save a table (they are outside in a lovely simulated little Parisian street) with the 3 year old...while I took the 5 year old and chose surprises for hubby and darling bebe!...however, you know how it works best in your own family. I just find it relaxing to know that there's a table waiting for sure when I emerge laden with lunch.

If I were going to go somewhere with the children for sit-down buffet in Epcot I might choose Germany for lunch. They usually have entertainment (ask). We were there several years ago and our children (not terribly adventurous at that time) found plenty on the buffet to their liking.

In Morocco at the counter service place (Tangierine Cafe) they have an excellent hamburger and fries for a child (about $6)...which is more than enough for 2 children to share...and the adult choices are yummy especially if you like this type of food (I didn't know if I would but it was delicious)...and the desserts are VERY good!

I think that Akershus's buffet is great. There was plenty od things on the cold buffet that were NOT herring. So many salads, so little room. The hot selections were great. (I just love the venison stew) and those desserts. They have a paint it yourself cookie that the kids would love.

I also second Teppanyaki. The "show" was great as well as the food.

Per your question about Kona's, we stayed at the Poly, and we ate at OHana's, I'm sure you've read reviews... games for kids are popular and fun, and I told the server dd doesnt eat meat, only french fries, so they didnt charge us for her at the grill food, they just gave her a huge plate of fries!! And she got to play all the hula and coconut games!!

Kona's is a sit down rest. that is open to the Poly, so its not a quiet place, but it is still a rest. eatery... if you are able, try Ohana's..

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter