Epcot Construction - anyone changing plans for 2020? Changing the way you visit parks?

I would just keep in mind that this is a message board, and a lot of the chatter/rumors people are mentioning are from here and other message boards. Combine that with Disney not knowing for certain how long refurbishments will take and that some schedules that far out haven't been solidified, I don't think there's a lot to gain from guessing what will be open or closed.

Now, if you are wanting to visit the parks for specific new rides to be up and running, I would recommend scheduling at least six months out from when they are expected to be done, in case the project falls behind.

We'll be going in April 2020 and I'm crossing my fingers that crowds will be lighter. I don't care too much about construction or ride closures, there's plenty to see and do no matter what. I mostly hope it's not as packed as it's been the last few years.

Deal with construction and a few rides down, or deal with massive crowds and 2 hour lines. To buy $5 water........

^^^This. We always go end of Jan or first of Feb. Yes, we often run into a few rides being closed, but we also get to ride so much more that its well worth it. There have been trips when our "favorites" were closed, but in the end, we hardly missed them. Its a good trade off for us.

would just keep in mind that this is a message board, and a lot of the chatter/rumors people are mentioning are from here and other message boards. Combine that with Disney not knowing for certain how long refurbishments will take and that some schedules that far out haven't been solidified, I don't think there's a lot to gain from guessing what will be open or closed.

Now, if you are wanting to visit the parks for specific new rides to be up and running, I would recommend scheduling at least six months out from when they are expected to be done, in case the project falls behind

^^ I agree. I see a lot of postings on numerous forum sites which are nothing more then someone's opinion or rumor on a topic. Unless Disney has officially announced something, quoting someone's blog or any other 3rd party website isn't a valid reference and doesn't mean it is true or accurate. Someone quoting what they think they overheard the Disney bus driver or some random employee talking about probably has very little value.

Large construction projects can have delays for any number of reasons Disney has no control over. Inclement weather can delay construction as much as problems with design or assembly. Much of what Disney builds at the parks are one of a kind project, so until they actually get under construction, they can only estimate how long something might take.

I just recently booked my September 2020 trip. Last time I went was September 2017 and this trip could very well be my last. Epcot is our least favorite park, so the construction there doesn't effect me one little bit. The two rides the OP mentioned don't effect me, either. I'm going mainly for SWGE and FoP. I skipped this year because of the anticipated crowds that turned out to be not so much. Like someone else posted, hopefully crowds are low because people are waiting for the 50th anniversary stuff.

We’re probably going March 2020. I don’t know whether to go to Epcot - all this new stuff is giving me a headache, or maybe I’m just overreacting. I like to plan when the stuff’s already there and there’s not so much uncertainty and a lack of knowledge.
We're also going in March 2020. I'm bummed too about all the stuff thats closed and all the walls that will be up so we're going to try to really enjoy the foods and drinks and stuff at Flower and Garden and kind of the just write-off Future world this trip. We'll FP a couple rides in the morning but maybe use that day to sleep in a little or ride the Skyliner. Hope you give Epcot a chance and have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter