EPCOT Germany v. SBP

Jackie-ella093015

Earning My Ears
Our WC has tasked us to figure out what we can be flexible on prior to our 12-month mark...dates/times, venues for ceremony and reception, etc...

We are finding that we are going to have to be less flexible on dates, due to some blackout days for work for both myself and DF....and we want to have the wedding on a Tuesday/Wednesday and have a brunch reception to save some $$$.

So, we are looking to open up some more flexibility with our ceremony venue (currently have preferenced SBP due to its close proximity to our hopefully must-have Attic reception venue). We are now looking at a Germany ceremony...and based on our research may even change that to our first preference for ceremony due to its uniqueness and added Disney-ness, followed by SBP.

What are some things we need to keep in mind for a ceremony in Epcot? We know the ceremony fee is 500 more than a resort venue, but what are other costs to keep in mind?

We are doing Morocco with the Attic in a few weeks. You do have to pay to transport everyone into Epcot and if you use outside photography there is a fee for that as well. I believe $90 per person, though I believe they only charged us once.

Just a thought, my planner did tell me that the clock in Germany could go off during the ceremony. Germany was my second choice. For me the uniqueness of having the ceremony in Epcot is worth it.

We are doing Morocco with the Attic in a few weeks. You do have to pay to transport everyone into Epcot and if you use outside photography there is a fee for that as well. I believe $90 per person, though I believe they only charged us once.

Just a thought, my planner did tell me that the clock in Germany could go off during the ceremony. Germany was my second choice. For me the uniqueness of having the ceremony in Epcot is worth it.

Thanks for the insight @drjackal31 ! Do you have a trip report for me to follow? In terms of transportation, are you all paying for a charter/one-way, boat, etc...or walking from Epcot to the Attic? Did you view Germany for a site visit? The clock actually sounds sort of charming...for now...haha!

Rain backups for Epcot vary depending on what's available, and they don't set them til about a month out. You could probably request American Adventure Rotunda—that was ours for Morocco.

Rain backups for Epcot vary depending on what's available, and they don't set them til about a month out. You could probably request American Adventure Rotunda—that was ours for Morocco.
Ah, makes sense...I think I read/heard (quite possibly in your book/podcast) that Epcot rain backups will always be in Epcot...which is good because every location is gorgeous, but we especially like AAR. Thanks for the advice...we will be sure to request and see what happens!

Thanks for the insight @drjackal31 ! Do you have a trip report for me to follow? In terms of transportation, are you all paying for a charter/one-way, boat, etc...or walking from Epcot to the Attic? Did you view Germany for a site visit? The clock actually sounds sort of charming...for now...haha!

I started a planning journal, but I don't think I updated it since the dress, woops! We are having one way vans for DF, his parents, photogs etc. and another for myself my parents, also a third for our videographer. Then we have a charter bus that will pick up guests for the ceremony, transfer ALL of us to the reception and then back to the resorts at the end of the wedding.

I haven't seen the Epcot venues since 2014. When we originally went down (fall of 2015, while on a Universal Trip) to take a look around we were planning on the Swan and Dolphin, funny how things change. As of right now our rain backup is AAR and I hope it stays that way.

By the way, love the name. My dad called me jackerella as a kid.

I started a planning journal, but I don't think I updated it since the dress, woops! We are having one way vans for DF, his parents, photogs etc. and another for myself my parents, also a third for our videographer. Then we have a charter bus that will pick up guests for the ceremony, transfer ALL of us to the reception and then back to the resorts at the end of the wedding.

I haven't seen the Epcot venues since 2014. When we originally went down (fall of 2015, while on a Universal Trip) to take a look around we were planning on the Swan and Dolphin, funny how things change. As of right now our rain backup is AAR and I hope it stays that way.

I'll have to look for your PJ! They're so nice in the beginning stages of planning! Ah, transportation always seems so complicated! That is great to consider!

Great to hear we are not the only ones who have explored other options and have changed our plans around a bit!

So funny! Great to e-meet you :)

I'm sure you probably considered this before but the EPCOT locations are much more private. We considered SBP and had it as our second choice but we really wanted our ceremony location in Canada.

One of the reasons was because at the Canada location we saw a few people milling around the main walkway for breakfast ADR's and such but there really weren't many people there at all. There were more when we were taking pictures in the rose garden though which was a little odd but still not a huge deal. However, at SBP, there are people RIGHT THERE walking past your ceremony in swim suits and shorts and tank tops and whatever else. This may not bother you but it was a huge deal for us.

I'm sure you probably considered this before but the EPCOT locations are much more private. We considered SBP and had it as our second choice but we really wanted our ceremony location in Canada.

One of the reasons was because at the Canada location we saw a few people milling around the main walkway for breakfast ADR's and such but there really weren't many people there at all. There were more when we were taking pictures in the rose garden though which was a little odd but still not a huge deal. However, at SBP, there are people RIGHT THERE walking past your ceremony in swim suits and shorts and tank tops and whatever else. This may not bother you but it was a huge deal for us.

Thanks for the insight!! We had not thought about the resortwear at the Bw!!!

While we loved the look of SBP, we chose Italy in Epcot for the uniqueness of it (and the privacy). We had looked at Ariels and Atlantic Dance Hall and went with Atlantic Dance Hall partially due to two facts. We were having a morning ceremony in Epcot and then a brunch. When we went to view Ariels, while we loved the look of it, we had to walk past Cape May Café - which we like - but it was a very busy breakfast time and there had to have been over 60 people waiting to get seated at Cape May. I didn't want my guests having to make their way through this. The other reason is while Ariels is beautiful, there are large glass doors that look out to the pool area and everyone is walking past in their bathing suits and such.

Now I know you are Ariels is not your venue of choice, I just wanted to give you a little of what we though for the privacy factory. While we have never been up to the Attic, from pictures it looks just beautiful. An Epcot ceremony would be so different and yes we had to bus everyone in to Epcot and then over to ADH, it was so worth it.

Linda

Do you know what the other backups are?

While we loved the look of SBP, we chose Italy in Epcot for the uniqueness of it (and the privacy). We had looked at Ariels and Atlantic Dance Hall and went with Atlantic Dance Hall partially due to two facts. We were having a morning ceremony in Epcot and then a brunch. When we went to view Ariels, while we loved the look of it, we had to walk past Cape May Café - which we like - but it was a very busy breakfast time and there had to have been over 60 people waiting to get seated at Cape May. I didn't want my guests having to make their way through this. The other reason is while Ariels is beautiful, there are large glass doors that look out to the pool area and everyone is walking past in their bathing suits and such.

Now I know you are Ariels is not your venue of choice, I just wanted to give you a little of what we though for the privacy factory. While we have never been up to the Attic, from pictures it looks just beautiful. An Epcot ceremony would be so different and yes we had to bus everyone in to Epcot and then over to ADH, it was so worth it.

Linda
Thank you for sharing how you made your decision for a ADH reception...it really is so helpful hearing all of the pros/cons for the various options. I had not considered those large windows at Ariel's looking out over the pool area...if we use this location, I was considering asking to have our tables placed near the windows, as I liked the way the natural light looked in pictures...not anymore :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The windows at Ariel's now have sheers in them so you can't see out to the pool and no one can see in:

Ariels%2010_zpswpxcdiux.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter