Epcot & HS QS/CS Recommendations

DisneFamily

Earning My Ears
What are your recommendations for the best quick service/counter service places to eat in Epcot and Hollywood Studios?

We are pretty much up for trying anything. Thanks.

In Hollywood my favorite CS is Backlot Express and in Epcot I love the CS fish at the Yorkshire County (next to Rose & Crown) and a guilty pleasure I get the steak at the Liberty Inn in America.

We like Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot, Sunshine Seasons gets a lot of positive comments for a lot of choices and healthier type things, and we like LaCantina in Mexico. At HS, we like Backlot Express (caprese sandwich is really good and different). We used to like Fairfax Fare, but they have changed the menu since our last trip.

We rarely eat QS at HS, we tend to go to the HBD lounge since I'm a sucker to the Cobb Salad. If we do eat QS, it's Backlot Express.
At Epcot, we tend to go to Spice Road Tables and eat outside, you don't need an ADR for that, and get a couple of small plates. But if we do eat QS, we either do Tangierine Cafe or Rose and Crown.

When we are at EPCOT, its usually during the FLower and Garden show or Food and wine and there are many kiosks set up. We usually graze through those.

I'm going through the same thing, here is my list for Epcot based on a lot of threads I've read.

+ Tangierine Café (Morocco) - Chicken/Lamb Platter, Rotisserie Chicken
+ Sunshine Seasons - Mongolian Beef, Slow Roasted Port Loin, Rotisserie Chicken, Tacos
Liberty Inn (US)- 6oz Steak, Burger
Sommerfest (Germany) - Bratwurst, side/Cold Potato Salad / Nudel Gratin
Avoid - Electric Umbrella,

You can basically go anywhere in EPCOT and it will be good. Electric Umbrella is fine, but there's so much better options in the World Showcase. In terms of HS, the best QS is Backlot Express, mainly because you get unlimited refills and there is plenty of seating. The food isn't bad either.

I don't have much experience with QS at HS, but at Epcot we enjoy Sunshine Seasons (awesome variety, healthy options, overall tasty food), Tangierine Cafe, and Les Halles.

You can basically go anywhere in EPCOT and it will be good. Electric Umbrella is fine, but there's so much better options in the World Showcase. In terms of HS, the best QS is Backlot Express, mainly because you get unlimited refills and there is plenty of seating. The food isn't bad either.
UGhh do NOT go to Lotus Blossum in China its very very bland food the only thing we enjoyed here was the ginger ice cream..lol

Yorkshire Fish at Epcot. Some of the best Fish N Chips I have ever had.
At HS, we went to Rosies last summer and got the fired green tomato sandwich and it was amazing.

Hollywood Studios we only ever have table service and we have that at 50's Prime time cafe.

Epcot:
Coffee: there is Starbucks, and the Joffrey's stands flavored iced lattes are also very good.
Popcorn: There is a really neat popcorn stand by Figment that has 3 unique flavored popcorns.
Norway: schoolbread for a sweet snack
China: Joy of Tea stand has good little appetizers
Japan: The food at Katsura Grill isn't anything to write home about, I can get much better quality at local mom and pop places, BUT the inside of the quick service is neat and clean; the workers are super nice; the food comes out quickly; and sitting outside is really beautiful.
Morocco: Tangerine Cafe shawarma chicken platter is sooooooooooooooooooo good.
Canada: I have not had it yet BUT there is now poutine at their outside cart that's made with their famous cheddar cheese soup

If you asked me, what is the ONE quick service I need to eat in Epcot? I would pick Tangerine cafe shawarma chicken platter.
If you asked me, what is the ONE snack/dessert I need to eat in Epcot? I would pick the School bread in the bakery in Norway.

Oh and of course try the free international sodas at club cool. I go there every time I'm thirsty and I end up not needing to get a drink because the free options are so refreshing.

You can basically go anywhere in EPCOT and it will be good. Electric Umbrella is fine, but there's so much better options in the World Showcase.

I totally agree...and in fact, Epcot is the one WDW park where I'd be happy to eat ONLY counter service, if I could be guaranteed somewhere air conditioned to sit! I would also add that Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavilion has a very nice variety of CS choices.

HS is our most challenging park for meals...we are vegetarians and have trouble finding CS food we like there. We used to have brunch/lunch at Starring Rolls before they closed it down...but we really struggled on our trip there last year. But...

At HS, we went to Rosies last summer and got the fired green tomato sandwich and it was amazing.

I've heard this from several people, so this is our CS plan for HS for our next trip. :)

What are your recommendations for the best quick service/counter service places to eat in Epcot and Hollywood Studios?

We are pretty much up for trying anything. Thanks.

Tangerine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion at Epcot has stellar food for a quick service. It is a must-do when we go! My boyfriend is a very picky eater and he even enjoyed his meal. We also ate at Sunshine Seasons on our trip and I thought it was just "ok," but it could be just what I had ordered. There were a lot of food options there so I think I will try something new when I go back this summer. I'm not going to rule out the restaurant just yet. However, I am going to skim through the messages on your post because I may find a better option than Sunshine Seasons for my trip. :)

As far as Hollywood Studios goes... Good luck! I did my research and knew to book a table service restaurant if I wanted "good" food. However, we still did quick service for lunch when we were there. We dined at Rosie's All American Cafe because I had to try the fried green tomato sandwich that everyone, including Pete Werner, brags about. It wasn't amazing; I think mine had little to no sauce so it was incredibly dry. Luckily, the condiment cart in the dining area had ranch packets so I was able to salvage it. We got the summer quick service dining plan this year so we will be having another quick service meal in Hollywood Studios. I'm not sure if any of their quick service restaurants have the best reputation. We're leaning towards trying Backlot Express this time. (If you're wanting a table service recommendation for HS, we enjoyed the Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!