EPCOT Ideas

Abbeysdaddy

Mouseketeer
Greetings-

We will be spending a day at EPCOT.......any good ideas for lunch or dinner? We will be with a 9 year old.....thanks!!!!

My vote would be for Japan. Very good food that appeals to most kids in a fun, interesting atmosphere and their shopping--located in a shop right below the restaurant--is one of the most ethnic and interesting stores in WS. Also try to catch the drummers and the CM that carves the most amazing animals out of candy.

We dined at San Angel Inn with 2 eight year olds and a 4 yr old. They have a kids menu with quesadillas and chicken strips- the regular kid food. They loved the atmosphere and the food too.

Ann:earsgirl:

If the 9 year old has another child in the group, I'd say the Biergarten for lunch. My three loved it - the dancing (they danced for an hour with the oompah band) and the whole party atmosphere, plus, even my pickiest eater loved the food.

If the 9 year old has just adults with him or her, I'd say Mexico (very cool inside from a kid's perspective) or Coral Reef, where you can watch the fish and the divers. Either way, you can't go wrong in Epcot with any choice! Have fun...

Melissa

another vote for japan! or what about walking over to beaches and cream for burgers? or ESPN. garden grill has a character lunch. happy eating!

:tongue:

MMMM, for lunch there are so many great places.

San Angel Inn, take the boat ride first and then wait for a table by the water.

Chefs de France...yummy, great atmosphere and service. If you get a table by the window you can watch the statue do his/her thing out front while you are eating...hilarious.

Alfredos...just great, real, Italian food. Very friendly atmosphere..very enjoyable place to eat.

Biergarten...yes, this is a great place to eat and the show makes it that much better. Great service, delicious food.

Norway...we love this, and the kids have loved this ever since they have been little.

Or...you didn't say when you were going...but, if it is soon, during the food/wine fest..just eat your way around the world showcase.

Enjoy!

Alot of diser's have mentioned the Garden Grill in the past, so we are going to try it for our CP package. Our 2 yo's should love the characters! :earseek:

Germany or America. It's food kids are used to (chicken, burgers, sausages, etc.) and Germany has a fun show that kids (and adults) can really enjoy.

Another vote for Garden Grill for a character meal. (This is a standard for our family. ;) )

Yet another vote for the Garden Grille. We've made it our first stop (just after checking into the hotel) for the past two years. And we will be doing the same thing next Tuesday. We get a Fastpass for the boat ride (Living with the Land) before dinner and ride afterward. DD5 loves the characters and watching the rotating scenery. I like the food!

My intent for our Oct2001 trip (the first for DD) was to figure out a way she could hug Mickey within the first hour we were at the World. It worked out perfectly for that purpose (she literally hugged for a full minute) and we discovered a restaurant we all liked too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter