Epcot Loving Family of 5 for February 2020 Resort Advice

sparrowbird4

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 5 (kids aged 7, 12, 14) headed to Disney World February 2020. We are looking for the best resort options for our family. We are low maintenance as far as sleep (sleeper sofa or air mattress okay for 2 of the kids.) We like to get the most out of our time at resorts. We have stayed at Dolphin/Swan with points, and Port Orleans (both locations.) . This is likely our "swan song" for whole family long Disney trip as oldest is headed to high school. We are on waitlist with DVC for Animal Kingdom Savannah view 1BR and I am interested in other options, especially those within walking distance to Epcot. Of course with Pandora and Star Wars new since our last visit, I think easy transportation to any park would be great. We are open to staying off site as well if easy to Uber etc. We would also enjoy a small kitchenette to cut down on food costs. Any advice for families of 5?

AKL would have been my 1st choice and you are waitlisted for that one. My second choice would be Beach Club or Boardwalk due to location. Old Key West is also really nice - I like the set up of their 1 bedrooms.

My kids are similar in age to yours--also family of five. Hands down, their first pick is the Beach Club, and request the side closer to Epcot. Our 2nd choice for you is Boardwalk. My hubby and I absolutely love the Boardwalk, which is also less expensive and often has more availability--BUT downsides are no quick service unless you go outside to the Boardwalk, and my kids are not fans of the clown pool (they think Clowns are creepy). Soooo...we tend to stay there when we DON'T have kids with us and Beach Club when we do have the kids. IF you do Boardwalk, request to be near the main lobby--and you'll save yourself a ton of walking (long, long, hallways). Your kids are perfect age for the Beach Club pool--and they have rooms in both of these resorts with 2 queen beds and the pull down sofa.

Similar ages: 15, 11, 7 at time of travel. Ours will only be a 2 night stay prior to DCL trip. Staying Caribbean Beach. Rates are quite low due to construction, but from what I can tell, the construction is only concentrated at the new DCL resort at this point. Can sleep 5, and at a low rate. Plus, the Skyliner will be open to connect transportation to DHS and Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!