Error_kitten's Long awaited PJ & TR I added more pics Lol yay edits!

Error_kitten

"Ain't that a kick in the head"
So A lot of people have asked me to do a trip report and or a planning journal
So what the hell...
I will do my best to recap everything that I did for planning up to our wedding and that day.
This is going to be a work in Progress so i'm gonna save the next 6 posts below this to keep it all on one page for those who want to read everything that happened without searching through a bazillion replies.
Not that I don't love replies I do!
I just know I hate going through 8 pages to get to main posters next response.
Lol

I'll post whenever I get the urge to babble and fill you in on the whole fiasco that went down as the "Crusellas/Alexander" Wedding 2006.

If I leave anything out that you want to know about just ask I'll be more than happy to clarify or go into more detail on things.

Alright... So where to even begin...
I was never really officially proposed to. My DH and I met when I was 18 he was 20. How did we meet you may ask? The short story is "Lesbians", the longer short story is that my group of friends has always been largely populated with those who are "fabulous" I was helping out a friend who was making a low budget music video for some band called pankshovel. I went to help out and low and behold this really hot old guy was there (I said old at the time because he was pretty damn close to being bald). Turned out he was only 20 *snickersnicker* while he was talking to my best friend (they were paired together in the video) I decided I should go talk to said hot guy. Well He said the magic words and I was in love "whoops sorry... Hamster fell off the wheel".
I squealed and said "HEY!!! thats my line!!!" since no one else I knew ever said that.
So from then on I wanted him. luckily my lesbian friend deemed him the only "True Man" in the world since he wasn't a dog like the rest, and kept inviting him out to hang whenever I was around.
Later I beat him over the head and dragged him back to my cave like the good Neanderthal woman I am.

Within 6 months we knew we wanted to marry each other, and after 3 years of dating we decided it was time.
Now... The hole beginning to plan was a real mess the inlaws wern't to keen on it mostly because hubby had a hard time telling them we were engaged let alone getting married....
So Yeah I'll save you from all that drama.
But we decided to get married at Disney because...
My father said: "Elope and I'll give you the wedding money in cash for a down payment on the house" I said YAY!!!! lets do that!!!
DH: Noo... I want a real wedding... a big party and everything.
Me: Ugh... your Such a freaking girl!
DH: Yes but you still love me.

So we were going to have a wedding... Then dad says Weddings are a pain in the a**, if you get married at Disney where they do everything for you I'm willing to spend a little extra on the wedding.
*Chingching!*
Now I'm a Disney freak as it was and I never expected to hear my father say that. I had already said before if I had to have a wedding I wanted it to be at Disney i just never expected it to happen.
So the Disney wedding was born.

Oh and I'm feeling really cutesy so I'm going to share with you pictures of what we looked like back in the day when we were what feels like just babies.
Here is us at our first renfair together. He was caught in a net and would not be released till he sung me a song. hehe
6d46f04d.jpg

My male looking cute on one of our first outtings together.
Nathan_Mall.jpg

And then me on the right with my best friend (And said best friend is a DFTW fanatic and lurks here constantly so expect comments from the peanut gallery. Yes Arelys I am talking about you!!!!). Yes... I had all sorts of diffrent colored hair back then Mostly just pink or red ( good lord... What his parents must have thought about me...)
ArelysAlyfaygo.jpg

Stay Tuned for Part 2 "The planning"

So as like pretty much every other girl on here I have thought about my wedding almost my entire life, and I knew from the beginning it was not going to be a "traditional" wedding.
My DH and I do medieval reenactment so that was a real big part of our life at the time. So we decided that we wanted to have a medieval themed wedding.
I did not want to do period because well... I had some un period ideas for my dress (also because my DH has bad taste in suits *gag*).
So of course the most important thing was designing my dress. I knew there was no way for me to go buy one.
Heres sketches that I did a while ago.

This was my original idea for the front and back.
Weddingdress.jpg

Weddingdressback.jpg

Which progressed into a design more like what it turned out to be.
WednesdayMarch082006.jpg

I thought making my dress would be my first priority but finding my fabric was a pain...
I knew what colors I wanted from day one Purple, Black, White, and Silver.
I know... A lot of colors...
We officially started planning in march of 2006.
I think the month or so prior I started searching online, playing on the DFTW site and really came up with a base for our wedding.
After talking it over with my family we got a budget set. I'm shallow and proud of my thriftyness so I'll let you know that my budget was 23k
And I was to plan for 100 guests, I ended up sending invites to about 200.

Here is the invitation we ended up choosing
AWAC4579_zoom.jpg

Oh also to be honest Ive never read a PJ or TR ever so my format is probably really unconventional.

So where was I... I keep getting distracted by my mother as I type this. Lol.
Oh so in March we went in for our planning session I knew my colors I had a really good idea as to everything I wanted.
Because I was on such a budget there were some main things that had to be done. I had to have a weds wedding I also had to have it in the middle of the week. Now this was a mixed blessing. Because it was in the middle of the week and in the morning less people were able to make it. But... it cost less not only because less people came but because fri-sat weddings are almost double the price for food and venue.
I also did not want to have to decorate my reception all too much ($$) so we choose the Atlantic dance hall. And because I still was having about 100 guests I had to use the wedding pavilion.

So I was able to walk into my PS knowing where and when my wedding was going to be. We choose Oct 25.

Now another thing I did that saved me a ton of money was No alchy... I have alcoholic uncles who get really stupid and i wanted our wedding to go as smoothly as possible. So I said NO BAR!!!! No Wine no champagne. CIDER FOR ALL!!!
My inlaws were not to thrilled with this. They even offered to pay for the bar 100% I still said no. Unless you have been around drunks its hard to understand how difficult it is to keep them inline. Also 10am wedding with a 11:30-12ish reception... We didn't need drinks like that.

Flowers: I love Roses! and because I knew I was going to do a colored dress I decided to go with white roses. I even asked disney if they could manage to put in some Lavender sprigs into the flowers and they wernt sure if they could get it. But Low and behold they pulled through!
Flowers are one of the most expensive items there, so once again to save on money I did the un traditional thing. My Brides mades carried staffs instead of flowers, they were while polls with white toppers and had Purple white and silver ribbons hanging down.
Another money saver was that I made all the center pieces for the reception.
I found glass tubes for about 1$ each somewhere on the internet and had them shipped to me I filled them will small glass marbles and then ordered purple lightcubes.
They were meant to be filled with water but when I got to the reception Disney had made and oopsy and forgot to put the water in... Oh well it cant always be perfect.
To make the larger tables center pieces a little decorative I made a silk flower ring to go around the vase. Disney made a double oops and forgot to use the rings I made... I think they got stuck at the bottom of the box and so they were never placed out.
I honestly didnt even notice till like later in the day. lol

Heres a picture from when I was working on them.

Picture002.jpg

Oh yeah... So back to my planning session... Gosh I''m so scatter brained...
It was fine it didnt last to long my WP was Karyn.
We tasted cake I told her everything I wanted I already knew what cake i wanted and told her the colors.
And well... That was pretty much it.
We communicated over the phone the rest of the time. I bugged her probly a few times a month if not more.

This is when I went into sewing frenzy.
My mom and I made most the outfits for anyone dressed up at the wedding.
Including all the wedding party cept for my MIL and FIL.
Because I had choose for my dress to be purple with white underskirt I had the girls wear white Chemises with purple bodices and the guys white shirts, purple vest (all purple was the exact same fabric just different sides) and black pants.
Heres the girls bodices in the works.
100_0311.jpg

Other things that I made that i don't have pictures of (damnit) were, the programs, crypacks and bubbles.
The programs were adorable I'll find one and take pictures of it after I move into my new place. We did a hand hastening so I had to explain what that was int he program. The cry packs I think I snagged the idea from someone on here or maybe it was somewhere else in the internet I did them in a pinkypurple paper and tucked a tissue inside. Then for the bubbles I bought really cheep at a dollar store and to make the match the wedding I wrapped a think purple ribbon and then a thin silver ribbon on top of that and hot glued them down. Placed all the items into baskets and let my younger cousins hand them out at the wedding.

Food:
OH!
The food at disney is just amazing. And its also a great way to save on some cash. We did a buffet style and open seating.
This cut back on the headache so much...
And for our cocktail hour since there was no booze we had a breakfast thing. With Juices coffee, fruit, and pastries.
I unfortunately never got to try any since I was so busy getting to the reception...
Because I'm such a F&W festival freak i really wanted the beer cheese soup from Canada at our wedding.
And they were able to make it happen.
We had a bunch of different things I honestly cant remember what we ate.
All I know is our guests love the soup and the cake the most hehe.
Right Arelys?

Gifts:
I decided to do 2 things for gifts to our guests.
I ordered purple fold up boxes that I filled with 4 Pieces of chocolate from a local chocolate shop that I used to work at.
Then on the top of the box I sealed them with sealing wax. I was able to find silver sealing wax online designed for glue guns.
It made it so much easier and they looked amazing.
The only Picture I was able to find was some of the chocolates at table with people sitting there.
Lol
IMG_2571.jpg

Also since there was no alchy at the wedding I gave away bottles of wine.
My uncle makes homemade wines and as a wedding gift to us he made like 30 gals on apple and honey wine and bottled them.
I designed and printed all the lables and we gave 2-3 bottle of wine to each family that attended.
wedding213.jpg

wedding212.jpg

Now on to my Shower.

So sometime before the wedding they my MOH and MIL threw me a surprise bridal tea party shower it was really nice (except I had to yell at people afterwards to never throw me a surprise party again because I learned that day that I hate surprise parties I'm just weird like that).
Heres a few pictures from the Shower.
Shower058.jpg

These girls are my bridal party as well.
Shower050.jpg

My MIL got us the champagne flutes I wanted to use at the wedding. :D
Shower064.jpg

My mom was really sweet and got me an amazing cake from publix.
Shower093.jpg

Shower056.jpg

With an adorable cake topper:
Shower099.jpg

Arelys decided I should wear all my bows.
Shower083.jpg

And I got waaaay to excited about a food processor.
Shower091.jpg

Hah I'm sure you people are sick of looking at all my goofy pictures but :P Tough I'm doing this for myself as well so I can print it out so when i get old I'll remember everything that happened. lol

So that really summarizes most of my planning experience...
I'll start recapping what actually went down at the wedding. heh.
Wheeeen... I get around to writing it.

Alright so post away now!
I'll admit the more positive responses I get the more likely I am to finish this thing.
Lol
You know... Cause it only took me a year and a half even get it started!
lol

Well, I already love what you wore, so I can't wait to see the whole thing!

Hah Ok so I even added picture from back in the day!
Holly Jebbus I am going ALL OUT!!!!

Huzzah!!! :banana:

I have only been waiting 20 months for your trip report! I remember when you were working on your wedding gown, and I couldn't wait to see pix from the wedding. Now I finally get to hear the story! :hyper:

YAY!!!!

I searched for your PJ and TR when I first joined the dis and thought I just couldn't find it. I am so glad you're doing this.

Can't wait for more!:dance3:

OMG I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU JUST POSTED THAT PICTURE OF US!

When I scrolled down and saw that picture I was literally doing this: :rotfl2: At least you didn't posted that video Nathan and I were in! And good Lord look at Peter's hair in that picture...it's so...fluffy! And he looks sooo skinny! I showed Jamie the pictures and he got a good laugh at the one of us.

Anyways, keep going. I like this. Even though it is a year and a half late!

Signed,
The peanut gallery :cool1:

You sound like a very intersting and cute couple!!! Very unique like DF and Myself!!!! I want MORE!!!!!popcorn::

Oh, I'm intrigued. I'm in love so far. I actually was asked multiple times if my gown was going to be medieval or Victorian or Renaissance (or any other variation of something that doesn't exactly look like a wedding gown) because I've been big into faeries (can you tell by my name?), and folklore, and I've been to Renaissance faires like King Richard's. So I'm living vicariously with all of your plans and ideas.

I know it was awhile ago, but it's all new to me, and I'm loving everything!

Oh, I'm intrigued. I'm in love so far. I actually was asked multiple times if my gown was going to be medieval or Victorian or Renaissance (or any other variation of something that doesn't exactly look like a wedding gown) because I've been big into faeries (can you tell by my name?), and folklore, and I've been to Renaissance faires like King Richard's. So I'm living vicariously with all of your plans and ideas.

I know it was awhile ago, but it's all new to me, and I'm loving everything!

If you like medieval stuff I suggest maybe getting into the SCA.
Thats the medieval reenactment group I was in (well still kinda am... Drama is keeping me from attending as much anymore).
But it can be load of fun..
www.SCA.org

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter