Escape from the Country Bear Jamboree

Keep up the good work with the exercise! It will get a lot easier and you will get to the point where you miss it if you have to skip a day!

Wednesday - 7/8/2015

Wednesday was a little big of a struggle bus! I had a retreat at work and had to be there super early, so I didn't get to do my regular Wednesday run (which is now on the schedule for Thursday evening). It was also another "out to dinner with work" night. Overall I don't feel too badly about the meal, but I definitely could have done better. I had a burrito, planned to only eat half of it, and ate 3/4 of it. We also split a brownie sundae between five people for dessert, so it really only equated to about three spoonfuls of it. Still...not as good as eating at home in terms of not having those sort of temptations. Sigh.

We all have meals we regret. You actually managed to do a pretty good job limiting the burrito and brownie consumption. Move on from this and eat healthy today. You will feel better about yourself. Remember, you are making a lifestyle change. There will be days you eat something unhealthy, but if you don't go overboard you can balance with days of healthy eating and lose weight in the long run. I really recommend eating something filling and healthy before the restaurant meals as a way to minimize eating at the restaurant if you are worried about being tempted. I promise that this trick works. Also, instead of thinking about food in terms of calories only ask yourself, "Is this something that will fuel my body nutritionally?" If you make food choices based on this, you will find yourself choosing healthier foods that can be eaten in greater quantities to fill you up. You will also feel better. Have a good day :)

Thursday - 7/09/2015
Work Out: C25K Week 4 Day 2

Today had to do my run in the evening. I am sooooo much more of a morning person and could totally feel the difference in terms of how much energy I have in the morning vs. in the evening. It was also super warm and muggy, so lesson learned, stick to mornings for runs.

The goal for today is to go to the gym after work for Day 2 (out of 2 for the week) of weights/resistance training. The nice part about the gym location is that I have to drive by it on my to and from work, so it's not inconvenient at all.

It's hard to believe that it's almost been a month since starting all of this.

I'm a morning exercise person too! It totally starts the day out right! That resistance training is great! You will really build your metabolism level doing that in addition to the other health benefits that I'm sure you know about. The gym location makes it easier for you to make this part of your routine. You are really doing well!

Friday - 7/10/2015
Work Out:
Weights/Resistance

Good day today! I got to sneak out of work early to hit up the gym and did day 2 of weights/resistance for this week! Lunch time was also successful. It was a coworker's bday and we went out to a new Chinese restaurant that just opened. Apparently the only lunch option was a lunch buffet, but I overall feel pretty good about how it went! I ended up loading half my plate with the steamed veggies, so there definitely wasn't room to go overboard with all the other (super delicious) stuff. I feel especially good about this because crab rangoon is a major weakness, and I made it out with only having one.

Saturday - 7/11/2015
Work Out:
C25K Week 4 Day 3

Felt good about today's run. I also went grocery shopping and this kind of "oh" moment. Over the past month I've been trying to be very deliberate about what I buy and keep around my apartment. Today in the store was a little bit rushed, and as I was unpacking my bags at home, I was almost surprised at the amount of produce that made it in without me really thinking about it too much. It would be awesome of all of this was starting to be more of a habit!

Tomorrow marks a month of eating healthier and exercising, so here's hoping the results of tomorrow's check-in are good!

Sunday - 7/12/2015

Starting Weight: 324.2 lbs
Current Weight: 311.8 lbs
Sunday Check-In: -3 lbs
Total Loss: 12.4 lbs

Days to Disney: 66 Days
Progress toward first goal: 82% (Goal of 15 lbs by Disney trip)

Really excited about this week! I'm hoping to get to my initial weight loss goal in the next two weeks, and then I can evaluate after that.

So, it's been about a month since starting this whole endeavor. I think that I've really learned a lot about my own feelings and habits, and am really realizing that I need to continue to do so if this is going to be a long term lifestyle change. It's starting to feel a little more automatic, which I'm really hoping it becomes. It feels a little overwhelming to have to make so many decisions and choices. It's so not fair that gaining weight can be so easy, but taking it off is an almost exhausting emotional process, lol.

This week I'm going to sign up for the Princess 5k in February though, which will be a really good motivational tool!

On to week 5!

So happy for you! And thanks for sharing in this forum. It's not easy to make such personal things public, but it is great to see that you have worked so hard and it is paying off! Keep it up!

Awesome results this week!

YAY for signing up for the Princess 5K! I'm signing up for that one too - you will love it! :)

I know you can stay on track this week. You have gotten off to a great start! Keep it up!

So happy for you! And thanks for sharing in this forum. It's not easy to make such personal things public, but it is great to see that you have worked so hard and it is paying off! Keep it up!

Thanks so much for the kind words of support! It does feel a little weird sharing in such a public forum, but I'm surprised at how much it's helped me stay on track!!!

Great job!

Many thanks!!! :)

Awesome results this week!

YAY for signing up for the Princess 5K! I'm signing up for that one too - you will love it! :)

I am so excited for it! Sign-ups are tomorrow! I have a few friends doing it to, so it'll overall just be a lot of fun and such good motivation to keep with the running! I've never experienced a Disney running event but I've only ever heard good things!

I know you can stay on track this week. You have gotten off to a great start! Keep it up!

Thanks! One day down!

Monday - 7/13/2015
Work Out:
C25K Week 5 Day 1 & 1 hour with personal trainer

Today's workouts have totally kicked my butt...and since they were kind of glute centric, I mean that literally! ;)

Feeling really good though and I just love the feeling of settling into bed after a day with good workouts...like that tired yet satisfied feeling where you can just snuggle in bed sink into a deep sleep.

This week brings a few challenges that I want to be able to get out ahead of. One is that I have four days of day-long meetings starting tomorrow, and all of them include lunch and snacks. I don't know what's on the menu, but the plan is to pack my own healthy snacks and that no matter what is served for lunch, I just need to practice good portion control. I'm pretty sure there will be a salad option at every meal, so I plan to start with that and have a salad before diving into any other food options. Also this week is a dinner/movie outing with a friend from work, so I need to get it into my head now that DINNER DOES NOT EQUAL EAT WHATEVER I WANT IN ANY AMOUNT I WANT. I struggle with that. I just love eating out so darn much. Avoiding it altogether works best for me, but I know that's not realistic in the scope of life.

I just need to keep in mind that I want to be able to rock the 5K when I do it, and in a much sooner sense, I want Sunday to bring some more good news with the weekly check in.

Cheers to a new week!

Monday - 7/13/2015
Work Out:
C25K Week 5 Day 1 & 1 hour with personal trainer

Feeling really good though and I just love the feeling of settling into bed after a day with good workouts...like that tired yet satisfied feeling where you can just snuggle in bed sink into a deep sleep.

You will get addicted to this feeling and it will motivate you to keep it up!

This week brings a few challenges that I want to be able to get out ahead of. One is that I have four days of day-long meetings starting tomorrow, and all of them include lunch and snacks. I don't know what's on the menu, but the plan is to pack my own healthy snacks and that no matter what is served for lunch, I just need to practice good portion control. I'm pretty sure there will be a salad option at every meal, so I plan to start with that and have a salad before diving into any other food options. Also this week is a dinner/movie outing with a friend from work, so I need to get it into my head now that DINNER DOES NOT EQUAL EAT WHATEVER I WANT IN ANY AMOUNT I WANT. I struggle with that. I just love eating out so darn much. Avoiding it altogether works best for me, but I know that's not realistic in the scope of life.

Absolutely a great idea to pack your own snacks. Include a healthy protein so you aren't too hungry when lunch arrives.

I just need to keep in mind that I want to be able to rock the 5K when I do it, and in a much sooner sense, I want Sunday to bring some more good news with the weekly check in.

What a great attitude!

SUPER FUN UPDATE!!!!!

Just registered for the Princess 5k!!!!

I just caught up reading your journal today and that is so exciting about your princess 5k signup! Setting a goal in the future means you are going to keep with this for longer than just setting a single goal for a month from now, etc.
That run weekend is on my bucket list for sure. Can't wait to hear about it from you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!