Escape to Concierge

Thanks for all of the detailed pictures. The size of your room is amazing!

Thank you! It was a great room.

Love the report! What was in the space below the TV in the bedroom?

Behind the TV in the bedroom was just a wall separating the hallway from the bedroom. One of the sliding doors leading into the bedroom slid into that area. Below the TV, if I remember correctly, was just a place for all the wiring, I think... I will ask Rob tonight.

Kate

After checking out our room we headed up to the C. Lounge to meet our hosts and to pick up our folder. All during the cruise I kept snapping photos of various areas of the lounge so you will see more later. By having lunch first and then checking out our room we avoided the crowds. By the time we entered the lounge it was relatively empty.

Almost as soon as you enter you are offered a glass of complimentary prosecco, oh my, more alcohol, just what I did not need. At this point the hosts will bring you your folder and sit down with you to go over it with your plans and tell you about the lounge and services. If you are a repeat visitor then I imagine they would skip the explanations unless you had questions.

folder copy.jpg

Our wonderful hosts were Danny, Angeline and Caroline. This is Angeline. So beautiful!

Angeline.jpg

The below photo was taken later in the trip but you can see more of the lounge in this photo than the ones we took on the first day.

Concierge.jpg

This photo is the lounge from the first day. It was not crowded when we arrived but I imagine it was earlier. Lots of little kids but we seldom saw them unless we were at a character meet.

entering the lounge copy.jpg

Since we had just finished a huge lunch we skipped the snacks but I did take time to photograph the spread. After the muster drill and before dinner we came back up for snacks and happy hour drinks. You will see lots of photos of snacks, food and drink in this report. I have a hard time passing up "free" food/drinks.

welcoming snack options.jpg

snack options 2.jpg

Juice and such.

juice options.jpg

Water bottles were always available also. You were welcome to take back to your room what you needed.

Tea and pop. There were also "fix-ins" for hot/cold drinks. Lemons, caramel syrup, fancy sugars, honey, etc.

tea and pop.jpg

And of course, the amazing coffee/cocoa machine. There was sometimes a line for this in the mornings.... The one thing you could not get is a regular cup of coffee. The closest you could get to just plain old joe was the Americano.

The amazing coffee machine.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thank you so much for the great room tour! I love all the detail you are showing! Jumping on board!

Oscar is beautiful, so serious looking. And he has a stuffed "Oscar", so cute! I see a baby gate next to him. Our house is filled with baby gates; ones you can step over, ones that latch, ones that expand. We also have "scat mats" to keep the brats from going upstairs, ramps so they can get on and off the sofa safely and..... the things we do for our fur babies.

That's a little cage he stays in while we are at work. We don't let him have the run of the house in case he has any accidents…he has a funny tummy sometimes. He loves his little cage anyway. Even when I'm home and in the kitchen cooking, that's where he sleeps.

Since we had just finished a huge lunch we skipped the snacks but I did take time to photograph the spread. After the muster drill and before dinner we came back up for snacks and happy hour drinks. You will see lots of photos of snacks, food and drink in this report. I have a hard time passing up "free" food/drinks.

Wow, all those snack and coffee/tea choices look amazing. It's nice that they offer little salads and fruit options, although it would be hard to choose those over the sweet stuff. I've got concierge serious envy now ::yes::

Wow thank you so much for the great room tour! I love all the detail you are showing! Jumping on board!

Thanks! I need to move a little faster but that is difficult with work. Oh well, I am having fun sharing our adventures.

Now you have me thinking of booking concierge for my 50th birthday. :)

It was fun. Not something "we" have to do but I am glad we experienced it. Booking concierge for a big event like a 50th BD would be such a memory. Go for it!!! And invite the rest of us to celebrate with you. :cake:

That's a little cage he stays in while we are at work. We don't let him have the run of the house in case he has any accidents…he has a funny tummy sometimes. He loves his little cage anyway. Even when I'm home and in the kitchen cooking, that's where he sleeps.

One of ours, Pippin has tummy issues but as long as we watch what she eats we are ok - most of the time. She tends to have upchucking issues more than diarrhea. We have a baby gate between the kitchen and the rest of the house since I have been known to trip over the short members of the family.

Wow, all those snack and coffee/tea choices look amazing. It's nice that they offer little salads and fruit options, although it would be hard to choose those over the sweet stuff. I've got concierge serious envy now

I am a salty person so no issue skipping the sweets but I cannot pass up cheese and pastries.

After we checked in the C. lounge and met our hosts we headed off to the DVC member gathering. DVC holds one of these each cruise where they provide a drink, usually a mimosa but not always, this time we had a cocktail plus my leftover Prosecco.

DVC drinks.jpg
They have the audience "play games", try to sell you more points (but in a very low-key way) and someone wins an on-board credit of around $200. We did not win so I could be wrong about the current amount. DVC also holds one or two of these gatherings for non-members but I have not been to one for non-members so cannot comment on what occurs there.

DVC party.jpg

I can't remember exactly what the game was but they divided the room in half and we answered questions. Our side was the guy. Each time a correct answer was made by a side, the person hitting the bell was given something silly to wear.

DVC party 2.jpg

We won and our bell ringer had to wear silly stuff...

DVC party 3.jpg

In years past, DVC members were given some really nice gifts just for sailing. A DVC magnet is left on your stateroom door welcoming you to the cruise.

DVC magnets.jpg

The first year we sailed we received in our stateroom, lanyards and a very nice business portfolio that Rob still uses for his garden planning. When we attended the gathering we received additional gifts such as ball caps and DVC pins.

DVC  folder.jpg

DVC folder 2.jpg

The next time we traveled we received really nice insulated style mugs, ball caps and lanyards, but nothing in the room other than the usual door magnet.

DVC mug.jpg

DVC caps.jpg

Each time we sail, the DVC offerings are less. This past cruise the only gift was a cocktail. However, the meetings are becoming more fun and less silly games - still a silly game but not as many.

DVC lanyards.jpg

I could definitely make a meal out of those offerings!

Me too. I ate and drank so much that I refused to weigh myself until after we had been home for over a week. The "snacks" in the lounge were so good that we never did grab anything from the pool deck quick-food places and we ate at Cabanas only a couple of times. I really liked the breakfast offerings which I will be posting soon.

Can't wait to hear more about your cruise! That concierge cabin looks amazing! Just booked a "surprise" 25th anniversary cruise for DH and I for next April--only a surprise because I haven't told him yet! LOL

I've been on two cruises since I've been a DVC member and have gotten the junky lanyards and baseball caps that end up in my year sale very year. I love the portfolio and mugs! I wish they would still give those out!

Thanks for sharing your report with us! I love you pictures & can't wait to read more about your awesome experience!

Sorry for the delay in reporting. Work and spring break got in the way. We went on another cruise for spring break, this time on the Fantasy and in a regular stateroom. We had just as much fun staying in a regular stateroom as we did in concierge but did miss the lounge, a wee bit.

Can't wait to hear more about your cruise! That concierge cabin looks amazing! Just booked a "surprise" 25th anniversary cruise for DH and I for next April--only a surprise because I haven't told him yet! LOL

LOL, have you told your husband yet? I wish someone would book a surprise cruise for me.

Joining in! Concierge looks amazing!

Welcome! :hippie:

I've been on two cruises since I've been a DVC member and have gotten the junky lanyards and baseball caps that end up in my year sale very year. I love the portfolio and mugs! I wish they would still give those out!

I know, it seems as the years pass the gifts/perks decrease, not only with DVC but with Disney cruise line. On our last cruise, there was no lotion or shower gel in the room. Plus, soap was not replenished. Our stateroom host was awesome so I imagine they have been told to not replenish items until they are completely non-usable. AND I heard that the individual shampoos/conditioners/etc are going away to be replaced with "dispensers". MY LLOYD is DCL turning into a Motel Six? Speaking of Lloyd, we ate at a awesome hole in the wall this past trip in Titusville, FL called "Loyd Have Mercy".

Thanks for sharing your report with us! I love you pictures & can't wait to read more about your awesome experience!

Thanks NOLA. Are you from N.O.?

Last edited:
After at the DVC gathering we made a quick trip back to our room before the mustard drill (in honor of our dear friend Polly who always called it a mustard drill). We were lucky and our drill was inside in one of the theaters. In case you are new to DCL (Disney Cruise Line) ships, no longer do you have to take your lifejacket to the mustard drill. Which is wonderful since it is often held outside where it can be a bit toasty, extra so if you are wearing a lifejacket.

life jacket.jpg

After the drill we unpacked and roamed about a bit before heading back to the C. lounge for happy hour.

C pre-dinner snacks 1st night copy.jpg

C pre-dinner snacks 2 - 1st night copy.jpg

Bombay for Rob, Merlot for me. Check out the size of the pours. You can bet we left the bartender a very large tip at the end of our cruise. And our plates, we tend to share appetizers.

Lounge pre-dinner snacks copy.jpg

We had early dinner which fits our home routine.

Dinner 1st night.jpg

The bread bowl. Can you see the hidden Mickeys?

bread bowl.jpg

Tonight we were in Animator's Palate. Sadly, we were wiped out and did not enjoy it as much as we normally do. The food was awesome but we were so tired we did not even stay for dessert. Actually all the food on the Dream was really good. I wish I could say the same about our last trip on the Fantasy. We ended up skipping a couple of nights of our MDRs and eating room service because the food just wasn't up to par.

Animator's Palate.jpg

AE menu left.jpg

AE menu right.jpg

Crush.jpg

I am out of photo space ...

Last edited:
We were lucky and our drill was inside in one of the theaters.
It's so nice when it's held inside and you don't have to stand the whole time.

Bombay for Rob, Merlot for me. Check out the size of the pours. You can bet we let the bartender a very large tip at the end of our cruise. And our plate, we tend to share appetizers.
I love all the snacks in the lounge, they are so good. I definitely pigged out on my cruise.

Oh I am loving your trip report! I am sailing on the Magic in March 2020 and it will be my first time on the concierge level. Can't wait to read more about your trip.

Thanks NOLA. Are you from N.O.?

Yes! NOLA born and raised. My hubby and I moved around the U.S. together for 4 years (after Katrina), but we eventually made our way back home and are raising our kids here.

BTW- I've never been quite sure if I could justify the price of concierge, but you're making a very convincing argument!:teeth:

It's so nice when it's held inside and you don't have to stand the whole time.

I love all the snacks in the lounge, they are so good. I definitely pigged out on my cruise.

I so totally agree. Standing outside and being "squished together" sucks! The snacks in the lounge are my downfall. I "think" I must sample everything. My spouse is much better at ignoring the food.

Oh I am loving your trip report! I am sailing on the Magic in March 2020 and it will be my first time on the concierge level. Can't wait to read more about your trip.

We work (all of us, me, you, etc) so hard during the year that it is great to have a brief time of pampering oneself. You will love concierge. But then again, any time on a Disney cruise is awesome!

Yes! NOLA born and raised. My hubby and I moved around the U.S. together for 4 years (after Katrina), but we eventually made our way back home and are raising our kids here.

BTW- I've never been quite sure if I could justify the price of concierge, but you're making a very convincing argument!:teeth:

We lived in LA from 1995 to 1998. Our daughter was born there. We lived in a small town between Lafayette and Lake Charles. After our daughter was born and we realized that corporal punishment was still allowed in the schools we decided to look for employment elsewhere. We loved living in Louisiana but it was a hard state in which to work, especially for a female in academia. I do miss the food and the people. I loved going to the post office and hearing the post mistress reading folks' mail to them. In our area, we still had a lot of older folks who did not speak English. Of course, since I did not speak Cajun or French, I had no idea of what the post mistress was saying.

:)

Kate

First night dinner was in Animator's Palate. I love the decor in the Animator's Palate, maybe because our daughter is an artist and our house is filled with paint brushes and art. Oh, and there is Crush. :)

1 Cruish.jpg

This was not our best night for photos. My "camera" did not like the low lighting and we were "just tired" so we forgot to take photos of most of our food items until after we had sampled from them and being a person who does not like to see food on children's faces or half eaten food on folk's plates - well, I will not torture you with the photos. :)

First the wine list. We brought on our own favorite wines to have in the stateroom and were able to supplement our carry-owns with wine/cocktails from concierge so there was no need for us to order additional wine/drinks. If you pre-order wine from Disney's Gifts and Amenities, you can order for your room, the (example) "Robert Mondavi" for $37 plus tax and gratuity, in other words, the same price as in the dining room. However, I can buy this same bottle of wine here at home for about $9. Disney is definitely enjoying a mark-up.

1 Wine list left.jpg
2 wine list right.jpg

Bread and herb infused oil. Yum!

5 bread and dipping oil.jpg

Sad to say but I am a bread and butter fan (not oil). We bought these cute Animator's knives on our last Wonder cruise.

4 Bread and butter.jpg

From the app selection I chose the Black Truffle Pst Purseittes. YUM! No complaints at all.

6 Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes .jpg

Rob went with the Tomato Tart which was also very, very good!

7 Tomato tart.jpg

For our other courses (no photos, have them but will not subject you half eaten foods) we had: Rob: Arugula salad, which I wanted but I hate beets. Apparently, Rob does not have my aversion to beets. Also he chose the Grilled Tuna Steak plate which he said was very good. I chose in addition to my purseittes, butternut soup that was ok, nothing great but I will probably order this again. It is not as good as “mine” or Boma's but I love butternut soup and it was "good enough". (Not sure why but disboards keeps changing the size of my fonts. Hang with me as I try to fix them.) I also had the Lemon-Thyme Chicken which was very tasty.

We skipped dessert and headed back to our room for some much need rest. In our room we found our bed turned down, chocolates, towel animals, slippers beside the bed and more. :)

8 Towel animal with Elemis lip balm.jpg

Towel animal with lip balm.

9 Towel animal.jpg

We have dachshunds so this was perfect for us. :)

10 shoes.jpg

Slippers. We were so pampered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!