ESTA

Disney Frenhines

DIS Veteran
I just received an email telling me that my ESTA is about to run out and it needs to be renewed. I found this a bit odd as I only renewed it 18 months ago and ESTAs are supposed to last 2 years, also, this was the first time I've ever had an email telling me I need to renew my ESTA. Naturally I didn't click on the link in the email (never, ever do that) Has anyone else received a similar email at all? I'm still uncertain as to whether it is genuine or a scam.

As long as it’s in date your ESTA is valid.

It could be genuine though we’ve never received a reminder - but advice is to always go directly to the ESTA website.

I've never had an email either. My current ESTA expires at the end of this December.

I just received an email telling me that my ESTA is about to run out and it needs to be renewed. I found this a bit odd as I only renewed it 18 months ago and ESTAs are supposed to last 2 years, also, this was the first time I've ever had an email telling me I need to renew my ESTA. Naturally I didn't click on the link in the email (never, ever do that) Has anyone else received a similar email at all? I'm still uncertain as to whether it is genuine or a scam.

Is your passport about to expire?

I only renewed it 18 months ago
I'd be a bit suspicious.

My previous one expired in April and I got an e-mail from dhs.gov on 10 March (one month before expiry) warning me.

This was the text:
"ATTENTION! The travel authorization submitted on Apr 9, 2018 via ESTA will expire within the next 30 days. It is not possible to extend or renew a current ESTA travel authorization. You will need to apply for a new ESTA travel authorization. Please reapply at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov if travel to the United States is intended in the near future. If there are 30 or more days left on the old authorization you will receive a warning message during the application and be asked if you wish to proceed.

E-mail Security: If you are concerned about clicking the above link, ESTA can be accessed by typing https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov in the address bar of your browser.
"

6 months notice seems excessive, but with Covid-19 afoot things may have been changed, or just messed up. (You didn't do it through a third party service did you?)

I got an email warning a month before mine expired. It was sent on July 3rd for an August 2nd expiration.

I always get an email a month before expiry warning me to renew. This was my third ESTA where I received a reminder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter