• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Euro Disney in July

BPTP

Mouseketeer
I'm new to all things Disney and am booking a trip there at the beginning of July with our 3 year old daughter. We're travelling by Eurostar and staying at the Santa Fe or Cheyenne. Please send me all of your best tips.

Hi there

I hope you have a fabulous time. I suggest you stay at The Cheyenne, we have stayed at both but The Cheyenne has great theming:D I have been to DLP in August before it was very busy but there was loads going on :D

Kaylee

I second the Cheyenne, it's a lovely theme - it really feels like you are walking through a cowboy town.

Other tips - Book a character breakfast at Walts. We tried the one in Disney Village that they recommend in the brochure and it was a scrum but I've heard that Walts is much nicer.

get a guide book and read loads, make sure you know what each ride involves before you take your 3 year old on it - it only takes one scary ride to put a child off all rides for the rest of the trip (as I know to my cost.) "It's a small world" is a good place to start as it's very safe and kids seem to love it (It does drive adults barmy though...)

It will probably be quite crowded in June, so you will want to get to the park early maybe take a break mid-day and come back again in the evening when things have quietened down - also use fast pass.

There's a few ideas to get you started

Bev

If you can, I suggest you visit after 8 July. After this date (until 1 September) the two parks at the Disneyland Resort Paris (as it is now rather clumsily called) have their extended summer opening hours. These are 9am to 11pm for the Disneyland Park and 9am to 9pm for the Walt Disney Studios, but I would say there is very little that would appeal to your daughter in the Studios. Although you might not want to stay up late everyday with your daughter, the extra opening hours do give you a bit more flexibility in terms of how when you visit the parks, and when you return to your hotel for a break.

I agree that the Cheyenne would be a fun place for you to stay. Be aware that it doesn't have a swimming pool - if this is important for you the Sequoia Lodge (my favourite hotel at DLP) is the cheapest hotel with a pool.

My best tip for visiting DLP is to make sure that you get to the park as early as possible - around 8.45am if you can. Like all Disney parks the queues for the rides and attractions can get very long in summertime. Shortest queues can be found in the first couple of hours of the day, which is why it is important to be there early. We normally dash around like mad things until about 11.30am riding as many attractions as we can, then take it easy for the rest of the day with an early lunch, seeing a couple of shows at the park and generally taking in all the wonderful atmosphere. DLP has added FastPass (please ask if you don't know about this) to some of the main attractions at both parks - most importantly for you to the Peter Pan attraction, which is very sweet but develops the most terrible queues from the beginning of the day.

There are several DLP regulars on this board, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you can think of. You could also try visiting http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/index_e.htm which is a very good unofficial website about DLP.

Regards

Rob

Don't forget to book a character breakfast for you and your daughter. Try and get the one in Walt's on Main Street rather than one in the Disney Village. If you book for 8.00am you will be allowed into the park before general members of the public. Also, as an on-site guest, you are generally offered a breakfast in Fantasyland, which means you can be first to ride Dumbo!

Use Fastpass Be warned the Fastpass on Peterpan soon runs out - get yours as soon as possible.

If not taking a buggy rent one!! Available to rent just under railway station, in Mainstreet. Onyour right if you are facing the castle. If you do rent one take something to tie on so that you can recognise yours easily. They are all the same. Its amazing how far you walk in one day.

I'd recommend a hotel with apool. We've always gone self-drive & used Camp Davy Crockett which we all think is wonderful. Its really nice to be able to leave the park, go for a swim & return to the park later refreshed. When you leave they stamp your hand to allow re-entry & it doesn't wash off in the pool.

It can be very hot in July ( it could also rain) but shouldn't be cold.

The water in the drinks fountains in perfectly safe to drink. We took in bottled water & refiilled the bottles from the fountains.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

Eat mid-afternoon, as you will find it difficult to find somewhere to eat after 5.00pm. I suggest you leave straight after the afternoon parade, (don't forget the hand stamp!). You can go back to the park after you have had something to eat. The park will be emptying out them, as everyone else is leaving to eat!

These are all great, keep them coming! It's so nice that all of you take so much trouble to reply! We are going to book next week and are already thinking about the Sequoia instead for the very reason that Disney Owl suggested (are you sure that the hand stamps don't wash off in the pool?). We'd already decided to book a character breakfast, and as well as Truly's posting here, I see that Bev97 also recommends Walts in her trip report. However I was under the impression that you booked a breakfast and were then told what venue you had been given. How do I go about booking one and selecting the venue?

Can't help with the character breakfast question but can reassure you that the hand stamps do not wash off int the pool (or in the shower!). As you can't see them to start with (they use a flourescent lamp to view them when you return) you will just have to trust us on this one LOL

I know that the first time we got one I was even dubious as to whether it was there in the first place let alone whether it would wash off! And the first time that I showered with it on and went to return I went up to the turnstile ready to do battle ('I did have a hand stamp and you said it wouldn't come off!') and there it was under the light!

In fact sometimes when you have had 2 handstamps on 2 consecutive days you can very faintly see the first one under the second when they shine the light on it despite swims/showers/numerous handwashings etc!

Hope this helps - I LOVE DLP and just know that you will have a fantastic time! I envy you your first visit - there is nothing to compare with that first visit, I have gone all gooey inside just thinking about it LOL

Have fun!

Karen:D

When you book your holiday, book your character breakfast at the same time, and ask to book at Walt's. If you book early enough you should have no problem...I booked last week for mid July, and got an 8.00am sitting in Walt's. There is also a character lunch/dinner in the Lucky Nugget Saloon, and a Tea Party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter