EVC's that need help

fran99999

DIS Veteran
Please!! Lets start by saying I rented the worst EVC this past May. It doesnt matter which rental company, as I have rented before from them and have been well pleased.

Ok If you rent an EVC that has Issues, please call the company and either ask for a replacement or tell them about the issue. I rented one and the speed knob was so erratic (would go slow on fastest speed then stop short by itself) I was afraid to use it. Ok so I call and they replace it and bring me another one that was so slow my DH had to help it up hills, fully charged. Ok so I call again. They bring me another that looked like it had been through a war zone. I called and just walked from that point on. I am lucky as I rent because I know I cannot keep up with my DH or DS on foot, I tire easily and I need a knee replacement so after an hour or so I have to sit and rest my leg in the up position for about 1/2 hr. Also I have to take some pretty heavy meds to control the pain.

If I had been someone who was unable to walk I would have had to stay at the resort. If I had been a different person I would have just said "oh forget it after getting the 2nd EVC with issues." If I was taking my kids alone both them and I would have had our trips ruined.

Please call the rental company with the issues and the EVC #. I dont think these EVC's actually leave disney property between rentals. I think they just transfer or change the name on the paperwork at the hotels for each guest.

I called and was nice enough to make sure the next persons EVC was in good working order, please do the same for the next person that rents after you.

We are all in this together.

Good points.
The company probably just makes sure they are charged and appear to be in working condition when they are turned over to the next person. But, there are things that can go wrong that are not apparent on a quick look. So, if you don't tell them what is wrong, they can't fix it. Also, the more detail you can give, the better. I work in hospital and the biomed people (the ones who fix medical equipment) often get defective equipment turned into them with a "doesn't work" note on it. Sometimes they run thru all the diagnostic tests, but it appears to be working properly. Sometimes they can't find out what is wrong without knowing more information.

The same things happen with hotel rooms; if you go to the Resorts board, there are posts peiodically from people complaining that their room had many problems, like lights or outlets that didn't work. But, they didn't report it, which means the next guest will probably find the same things not working.

fran99999 said:
Please call the rental company with the issues and the EVC #. I dont think these EVC's actually leave disney property between rentals. I think they just transfer or change the name on the paperwork at the hotels for each guest.

I called and was nice enough to make sure the next persons EVC was in good working order, please do the same for the next person that rents after you.

We are all in this together.

Okay, now there's an advantage to Randy's Mobility that could easily offset the inconvenience of having to be present when they drop off and pick up. At least you KNOW it's not a machine that's been sitting around Disney and the paperwork transferred.

How do you know Randy's doesnt just pickup from one resort and transport to another? Do they take them back to check them out or do they do a quick check at the resort. I didnt notice the problems until I was on my way to the room. I thought I must have done something wrong. The one I had worked fine but if you turned it all the way up it stopped short. It went slow then slightly faster then stop short. I almost ejected myself over the top of the handle bar. My DH walking behind me fell trying not to climb on me and he wasnt that close. If I had taken to the parks I might have been rearended by people walking and they and I could have been hurt.

I wrote a note in my room and put in the basket so when it went to be fixed the person knew what to look for to fix. :teacher:

fran99999 said:
How do you know Randy's doesnt just pickup from one resort and transport to another? Do they take them back to check them out or do they do a quick check at the resort.

You're right - I don't know, I just assumed based on my own experience.

I know that the last time I rented from Walker it was brought to me at the resort. I was present when it arrived and as it was an odd time and a last minute request (my power chair broke) I doubt the picked up at a resort and recycled. Walker and Care both has always given good service but for an emergency Walker is easier to contact on a weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter