"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

:cheer2::banana::dancer: For your Sept. family trip!! And what a great resort! We've stayed at AKL once and we absolutely loved it, and we'll be back there again this Thursday. Can't wait!! Also right now we're booked back there again in August and that will be our first CL stay and our two DS's first time at AKL since our first visit and this upcoming trip are adults only :goodvibes

You and mom covered lots of MK ground before lunch! Stinks you missed RD but now you can all do it for the first time as a family :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Love the title of your TR. You should see 18 years of pics from my Disney trips, so many trash cans. I take close up pics so most people don't even realize they're trash cans!:rotfl2:
Seriously, the level of detail is amazing and Disney keeps changing them so I have to take new pics!:artist:

:cheer2::banana::dancer: For your Sept. family trip!! And what a great resort! We've stayed at AKL once and we absolutely loved it, and we'll be back there again this Thursday. Can't wait!! Also right now we're booked back there again in August and that will be our first CL stay and our two DS's first time at AKL since our first visit and this upcoming trip are adults only :goodvibes

You and mom covered lots of MK ground before lunch! Stinks you missed RD but now you can all do it for the first time as a family :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Awesome to hear about AKL! We are so excited to try it out! :goodvibes We almost decided on a CL Suite for all 6 of us, but figured that with the Dining Plan we wouldn't use the CL lounge much so we just decided to book two rooms instead.

Yes, it was a marathon MK day that's for sure! We have a 9:20 AM ADR for Crystal Palace on our first day, so I'm hoping we'll arrive in time to catch the opening show! ::yes::

Love the title of your TR. You should see 18 years of pics from my Disney trips, so many trash cans. I take close up pics so most people don't even realize they're trash cans!:rotfl2:
Seriously, the level of detail is amazing and Disney keeps changing them so I have to take new pics!:artist:

Thank you!! OMG I so agree, Disney trash cans are amazing! When I was in WDW this March, I saw a set of trash-bin designed highlighter markers! I almost bought them, but then wondered if people at my work would think I was insane for having markers shaped like garbage cans :rotfl:

Day 6: Part 3- “Love is a Song That Never Ends!”

Hi guys! Where I last left off, Mom and I had a delicious lunch at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe and made final plans for WDW September 2017 :hyper: We were in such high spirits!

67EC482F-3C94-478E-96E4-744082BC7E97_zps9insl9id.jpg

Before this moment, I was starting to feel the last-day blues pretty hard. We still had a whole day and a half left, but leaving WDW is so hard, especially when you don’t know when you’ll be back. So, it definitely softened the blow to say “See ya real soon!” instead of “Goodbye!”

We had decided to skip La Nouba tonight and instead enjoy some more time at Magic Kingdom! It was a MNSSHP night, so we had to be out of the park by 7 PM. Luckily, we had used our lunch time wisely and booked a fast pass for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh from 1:25-2:25, AKA, right now!

Sadly, Pooh was down, but we were assured that we could use the FP later and instead headed to PhilharMagic to rest our tummies!

6FCD21F5-FEC6-4934-9CBB-CFE414E05DAE_zpsjhkci0ct.jpg

I always make sure to take this picture and send it to Tom, because Hades is his favorite Disney character. Crazy to think that in less than 4 months, he’ll be seeing it in person! :yay:

Once the show was fished, we beelined it to the gift shop after Philharmagic (Fantasy Faire). On our first MK day, Mom had found this adorable Mickey Mouse glasses holder that she could use in her office for her reading glasses. She wanted to see if they had any other characters at World of Disney later that night, but I convinced her to just buy it now in case they didn’t have any more. Well, turns out they didn’t even have the Mickey one at World of Disney, so score one for Molly! :woohoo:

9D197622-D47F-4D5C-9BD1-7DE84D3B0E9F_zpsh1ptblqz.jpg

Sadly, I couldn't find the exact one online, but here's one like it! The one that Mom bought has Mickey standing up instead of sitting, and he's also wearing a little blue t-shirt that says "2016" on it :)

While in Fantasy Faire, I checked MDE and realized that Winnie the Pooh was back up! Yay! pooh:

We got a purple honey pot this time! After our journey through the Hundred Acre Wood, Mom and I decided to check standby for Peter Pan’s Flight. The last time we had ridden, we were soaking wet and slightly frustrated at the weather, so we wanted a do-over before leaving the World :laughing:

Standby was only 35 minutes, so we hopped right in line!

E04C7110-7363-429E-AC3F-3A397CB0B9DD_zps5iy3duti.jpg

Since our last ride was with a FP, it was cool seeing the new and improved queue again. Even though the line said 35 minutes, in reality we only waited 20! It felt slightly longer though, because there were two fighting sisters in line behind us! They were about 5 and 7, and fighting about who decided that Jasmine was their favorite princess first :rotfl2: The younger girl was crying, while the older sister kept saying “Stop copying me!” Sounds eerily familiar to many conversations that Haley and I had as kids ::yes:: Their mom was staying out of it, just like my mom always did :rolleyes1

13D528F2-F4DE-48C1-AD5E-DDD2AACCB6FD_zpsx0ysnu8e.gif

We love Peter Pan, even though it’s such a short ride! After disembarking, we decided to make our way over to Frontierland to ride Splash Mountain. But, the Frontierland Trading Post instantly caught my eye. Well duh, I had to get my mystery pin of the day!!

There were no single-packs of mystery pins that I didn’t already have, so I had to get another double pack. Darn ;)

3DACCD8A-A467-480A-942A-A9B6D87F49B4_zpswujsiccv.jpg

These were all of the pins I could get (hi, Mom’s feet!)

8BC85345-512D-493A-AAEC-B76DDE69FB3E_zpslaoed5of.jpg

And I got…

C8993962-A9EB-4501-998F-5721816A9880_zpsxu4vr8ks.jpg

Aladdin and Finding Nemo!! I was really happy with my Aladdin pin, since Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies. But, I was really hoping to get either the Pirates or Haunted Mansion pin :sad1: Oh well, better luck next time!

With my pins safely nestled in my fanny pack, we then took one last go around on Splash Mountain for the evening! I want to say the wait time was around 20 minutes?

D139BD93-D0E0-4E69-8B12-6C02CE6DE720_zpsyuhlwos6.jpg

Words of wisdom from the Splash Mountain queue :scratchin

Mom and I sat in the front row this time, and got pretty wet! It was starting to get later, and we wanted to get back to the GF to book our bounce back and get ready for our night at Disney Springs. But, just as we were turning out of Splash, Mom said, “I really want a Dole Whip.”

798B75E0-3F01-4ED5-91D7-1BA217ECE9A2_zpsslukomkg.jpg

How could we resist? I mean, you can’t really argue with that logic :thumbsup2

What followed next is hands-down my fondest memory of the entire trip. Dole Whips in hand, Mom and I strolled out towards Main Street, then sat down on the curb to people-watch. It was 5:00 PM by now, so we got to see all of the people in costumes entering the park for MNSSHP! :banana:

F838E356-1618-4445-A14D-1DD3A4F04890_zpskakokmfi.jpg

This moment was just pure bliss. Mom and I, eating our Dole Whips, listening to the music on Main Street, commenting on the Halloween costumes, and sharing in excitement over a new trip. We sat on that curb for a half hour, just watching the castle and talking about all of the things we wanted to try next year. It was just such a peaceful moment and both of us could feel that Disney magic loud and proud. Such a perfect way to close out our time at Magic Kingdom for the day :cloud9:

2698EF24-3F64-41B7-B70B-6BB01336F493_zpsbwpyyqk7.jpg

Always and forever, my favorite view :love:

Also, since this was a shorter update, here's a funny picture from Buzz earlier this morning to round out this post! We laughed at my Mom's face for about 10 minutes after seeing this one :rotfl2:

0F246572-E4DC-483E-B04A-919F56EC8D71_zpsuszgjvns.jpg

Until next time, friends!

Coming Up Next- Day 6: Part 4- “I’m A Damsel, I’m In Distress, I Can Handle This!”

Last edited:
Great update! I like to sit and take it all in too! Especially sitting near the front of main street and seeing first time reactions when people turn the corner to see the castle.

That's an awesome Main Street memory. Things like that are really special. One of my favourite memories is similar. One morning we went to MK for early extra magic hours. Instead of going crazy on rides (which probably would have made sense) we stopped at the bakery (not Starbucks at that time) and got breakfast. Then we went out and got on of the few tables in that little alcove on Main Street. We just in the cool morning, ate breakfast and took in the sights and sounds of Main Street. It was so relaxing and really nice to experience, before the day gets crazy. I guess now that they open Main Street early, I wouldn't be able to do that now, so it makes it even better.

What a fun afternoon! And you really can't say no to a Dole Whip! That sounds like a really nice time on Main Street...I also tell myself I need to slow down more and just appreciate Disney instead of rushing around!

This sounds like me. I always have to have another trip booked by the time I go on my upcoming trip so that I'm not so sad at the end. :goodvibes

Ahh I love the moment with you and your mom just soaking it all in on Mainstreet, that is what makes WDW trips so special! I am excited for you all to have a trip coming up at AKL and your boyfriend getting to enjoy it for his first time! The MK looked quiet for you all again, such a great way to spend time with your mom!

Before this moment, I was starting to feel the last-day blues pretty hard. We still had a whole day and a half left, but leaving WDW is so hard, especially when you don’t know when you’ll be back. So, it definitely softened the blow to say “See ya real soon!” instead of “Goodbye!”
That's so exciting about your trip, and that your boyfriend gets to go for the first time! Hopefully he falls in love with it too. I'm still working on mine to feel the magic haha

Once the show was fished, we beelined it to the gift shop after Philharmagic (Fantasy Faire). On our first MK day, Mom had found this adorable Mickey Mouse glasses holder that she could use in her office for her reading glasses. She wanted to see if they had any other characters at World of Disney later that night, but I convinced her to just buy it now in case they didn’t have any more. Well, turns out they didn’t even have the Mickey one at World of Disney, so score one for Molly! :woohoo:

9D197622-D47F-4D5C-9BD1-7DE84D3B0E9F_zpsh1ptblqz.jpg
This is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I want one now

Standby was only 35 minutes, so we hopped right in line!
I can't believe it was that short in the middle of the afternoon

They were about 5 and 7, and fighting about who decided that Jasmine was their favorite princess first :rotfl2: The younger girl was crying, while the older sister kept saying “Stop copying me!” Sounds eerily familiar to many conversations that Haley and I had as kids ::yes:: Their mom was staying out of it, just like my mom always did :rolleyes1

13D528F2-F4DE-48C1-AD5E-DDD2AACCB6FD_zpsx0ysnu8e.gif
This sounds exactly like my sister and I:rotfl2: Also, I love this GIF. My sister and I joke that we are going to get matching outfits and do a synchronized dance to this.

This moment was just pure bliss. Mom and I, eating our Dole Whips, listening to the music on Main Street, commenting on the Halloween costumes, and sharing in excitement over a new trip. We sat on that curb for a half hour, just watching the castle and talking about all of the things we wanted to try next year. It was just such a peaceful moment and both of us could feel that Disney magic loud and proud. Such a perfect way to close out our time at Magic Kingdom for the day :cloud9:
Such a sweet moment! And even better knowing that you're going back

We still had a whole day and a half left, but leaving WDW is so hard, especially when you don’t know when you’ll be back. So, it definitely softened the blow to say “See ya real soon!” instead of “Goodbye!”

Leaving still isn't fun, but it's a whole lot easier when you know when you're coming back!

On our first MK day, Mom had found this adorable Mickey Mouse glasses holder that she could use in her office for her reading glasses.

Ahhh it's so cute!

What a sweet Main St. memory. Sometimes it's those little moments that are the most special. :)

Even though the line said 35 minutes, in reality we only waited 20! It felt slightly longer though, because there were two fighting sisters in line behind us! They were about 5 and 7, and fighting about who decided that Jasmine was their favorite princess first :rotfl2:

too funny!!

We love Peter Pan, even though it’s such a short ride!

It's such a cute ride!!

Sounds like you guys an amazing day!!

Great update! I like to sit and take it all in too! Especially sitting near the front of main street and seeing first time reactions when people turn the corner to see the castle.

Thanks :) it is such a cool way to people watch, I think we should make it an every-trip tradition!

That's an awesome Main Street memory. Things like that are really special. One of my favourite memories is similar. One morning we went to MK for early extra magic hours. Instead of going crazy on rides (which probably would have made sense) we stopped at the bakery (not Starbucks at that time) and got breakfast. Then we went out and got on of the few tables in that little alcove on Main Street. We just in the cool morning, ate breakfast and took in the sights and sounds of Main Street. It was so relaxing and really nice to experience, before the day gets crazy. I guess now that they open Main Street early, I wouldn't be able to do that now, so it makes it even better.

Ahhhh that sounds heavenly :) I would be so tempted to get on all of the rides I could, especially during EMH! I love a sit down breakfast and that sounds like a perfect way to enjoy one :thumbsup2

What a fun afternoon! And you really can't say no to a Dole Whip! That sounds like a really nice time on Main Street...I also tell myself I need to slow down more and just appreciate Disney instead of rushing around!

It was our first dole whip of the trip believe it or not :eek: we love them but also need to be in the right mood for them! And it's so hard not to run around like a crazy person.... I could only force myself to take it slow if I lived in Florida and could visit year-round!

This sounds like me. I always have to have another trip booked by the time I go on my upcoming trip so that I'm not so sad at the end. :goodvibes

This is the first time we had ever done this and it felt sooooooo right!! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Ahh I love the moment with you and your mom just soaking it all in on Mainstreet, that is what makes WDW trips so special! I am excited for you all to have a trip coming up at AKL and your boyfriend getting to enjoy it for his first time! The MK looked quiet for you all again, such a great way to spend time with your mom!

I'm so excited for Tom to experience WDW as well!! I know he'll love it :) I hope we'll be able to squeeze in magical moments like that on our next trip as well; since its Tom's first time, I find myself over planning and trying to make everything perfect. But hey, Disney in itself is pretty perfect, right? ;)

That's so exciting about your trip, and that your boyfriend gets to go for the first time! Hopefully he falls in love with it too. I'm still working on mine to feel the magic haha

This is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I want one now

I can't believe it was that short in the middle of the afternoon

This sounds exactly like my sister and I:rotfl2: Also, I love this GIF. My sister and I joke that we are going to get matching outfits and do a synchronized dance to this.

Such a sweet moment! And even better knowing that you're going back

I hope that I can convince my Mom to book something next trip too! Although I will have been to WDW 4 times in the past 2 years so I can't complain ::yes::

I hope Tom will love it! He loves Disney but not quite as much as I do (he says it's not possible :laughing:). His favorite TV show is the Simpsons, so we're planning on going to Universal for a day as well!

Leaving still isn't fun, but it's a whole lot easier when you know when you're coming back!

Ahhh it's so cute!

What a sweet Main St. memory. Sometimes it's those little moments that are the most special. :)

It is the little things!! I hope it will become an every-trip thing; leave Disney with the next trip planned! One can dream, right? :rotfl:

too funny!!

It's such a cute ride!!

Sounds like you guys an amazing day!!

Haha, stopping to listen to random kids/families talk in WDW is so interesting! Mom and I love to classify parents, like oh, there the "cool mom" and the "grumpy dad" and the "overly peppy mom" :rotfl2:

Hope you guys are having the best trip ever and can't wait to hear all about it!! :banana:

Real-Life Update!!!

Hi Disfriends! Wow, it's been a while ::yes::

I have good reasons for my absence, though! Remember how I told you guys a few weeks ago about applying for a promotion in my job?? Well, after an interview and making a video presentation of my qualities in work....

I got it!!

party:

I am so excited!! For those who don't know, I currently work for the Wisconsin Early Autism Project as a Behavioral Treatment Technician. I am assigned three different children with Autism, and I travel to their homes where I provide ABA therapy. I love it so much, working with kids who have special needs has always been my passion, and I can't see myself doing anything else! This promotion bumps me into an internship! It will be interesting to go back to more of a school setting; I will still do therapy during the day, but then go to classes 2x per week at night. Time to get myself re-acclimated to tests, papers and homework :earseek:

Then, once the internship is over in October/November, I will be promoted to a BT Therapist, where I will become the head of a few child's teams and be the one creating their treatment plan! :hyper:

I have a Bachelor's degree in psychology, so this is right up my alley. Plus, I get a sizable raise, which doesn't suck either :thumbsup2 I'm so grateful for this awesome opportunity.

In other news, as I type this, I am sitting in Reagan Airport in Washington DC! I just spent the weekend in DC with my parents. My mom has a work conference every year over Memorial Day weekend, and I always like to tag along! This year it was in Oxon Hill, Maryland, AKA, 15 minutes from DC! It was my first time in DC and we had a blast! It was a quick trip (only 3 nights), but I'm so glad I came to experience all of the cool history.

If you guys are into it, I might do a tiny TR for my DC adventures condensed into one post. If not, it's totally cool, I need to finish up this current trip report AND start my March 2017 TR before our September trip anyways :eek: :rotfl2:

Otherwise, I should have a TR update for you guys ready on Wednesday night!! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend!

Ta Ta For Now!! :tigger:

Congratulations on the promotion! I work in special needs also. I'm an LRE teacher in a high school for kids with mild disabilities. I worked with more moderate disabilities years ago, but I'm not cut out for it. While I love my job, I'm so ready for a break. Three more days for us!

That's great you were able to get away this weekend with your mom. I've only been to DC a couple of times, but I always feel so patriotic when I'm there!

Grats on the promotion. As the father of an autistic child love hearing it, and your personality seems to be one that will perfectly fit. I agree sizable raises never suck. :)

Congratulations on the promotion! I work in special needs also. I'm an LRE teacher in a high school for kids with mild disabilities. I worked with more moderate disabilities years ago, but I'm not cut out for it. While I love my job, I'm so ready for a break. Three more days for us!

That's great you were able to get away this weekend with your mom. I've only been to DC a couple of times, but I always feel so patriotic when I'm there!

Thank you so much!! :) And I agree, looking at all of the war monuments especially made me pause and consider how lucky I am to live in a country like the US.
Ahhh that's so exciting! Have a great time on your trip!! :banana:

Congrats! And I wouldn't mind hearing about your DC trip of course!

Thank you!! And cool, I think I'll try to do one in the next few updates :goodvibes

Congrats on the promotion!!

Glad you had a nice weekend in DC! I totally wouldn't mind a little post about it :)

Thank you! :cutie: It was a quick trip but a perfect little getaway! I think I'll post on it in the next few updates :)

Grats on the promotion. As the father of an autistic child love hearing it, and your personality seems to be one that will perfectly fit. I agree sizable raises never suck. :)

Thanks so much for your kind words :) It took lots of learning, since I have worked with children with other special needs but never Autism before. Definitely looking forward to the raise, but also learning new things as well ::yes:: :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter