"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

Day 6: Part 4- “I’m a Damsel, I’m in Distress, I Can Handle This!”

Hola Disfriends!! Anyone recognize the quote?! It’s from Tom’s favorite Disney movie, Hercules! Meg is also one of my favorite Disney characters EVER! I love her sassy attitude and how strong of a character she is.

37926515-C928-4EDF-BB9A-705547EFD2DA_zps6dlszqaf.gif

Anyway, where we last left off, Mom and I were enjoying a perfect moment people-watching on Main Street USA. We were eating Dole Whips, sitting on the curb, and looking at everyone’s cool costumes for MNSSHP. We were LIVING!

2698EF24-3F64-41B7-B70B-6BB01336F493_zpsbwpyyqk7.jpg

Including this photo again because :love:

Unfortunately, we had to get going, because we had some important business to get to! I took one last photo of the castle to put on my Snap Story, and we headed to the monorail to get back to the GF. On the monorail, one of my friends that I haven’t seen in a while sent me a message saying, “Don’t you work there?!?” Ugh, I wish :sad:

I wasn’t sad for long, because soon we were walking into our beautiful room at the GF! Only one more night in this princess-like room :sad1:

We got ready for the night and I had the task of booking our bounceback!! It took a bit longer than we were expecting; our CM on the phone was really nice but pretty slow with booking everything. The girl we had talked to about prices at MK was speedy; we wish we would have gotten her instead! Overall, the process took almost an hour, which meant that I had to get ready really quick so we could rush out of there. I decided to wear my new Lilly Pulitzer dress that I had bought our first night in WDW!

While we were finishing up in our room, a CM came by to do turn-down service. She couldn’t do it because we were still in the room, and I guess they only come by once to do it and won’t come back for the rest of the night :( My mom especially was very upset about missing our last night of turn-down, so she made the beds, fluffed the pillows, put extra chocolates on our beds, and turned on our TV channel before we left :rotfl2: It was ALMOST the same as turn-down, but not quite!

1B593072-89B7-4B04-A5CF-6F2EC86C1FDD_zpstkdjhkrt.jpg

There’s nothing like the GF at dusk :lovestruc

6F1BB23A-1BF1-45CB-A2EF-F797D207E958_zpsqrbz3xj0.jpg

Quick picture before getting on the bus to Disney Springs! It was super windy and the wind was blowing behind our heads, so please excuse the Mufasa hair :laughing:

We arrived in Disney Springs at 7:45 PM! We knew that we’d have to change our ADR time for Raglan Road; we had originally planned it for 9:00 but we weren’t super hungry, plus we wanted more time to shop before we ate dinner! MDE was being glitchy, so we called the restaurant to change our time. We changed it to 10:30, which gave us plenty of time to shop! Just out of curiousity, Mom asked the hostess if they had any reubens on the menu, since Mom loves reubens. Their answer was, “Um, no. We are an AUTHENTIC Irish restaurant, and reubens are American, NOT Irish. If you’re looking for Americanized Irish food, this isn’t the place.”

E4DF57D7-85DC-4741-BCEC-6CD1E3286423_zpsuuzp48or.gif

Um, ok? We were seriously reconsidering just switching restaurants at this point, but decided to stick with it because we didn’t want the cancellation fee.

What can mend any bad CM experience?! Shopping, of course!!

Note: be prepared for LOTS of merchandise pictures! We were in the spending mood tonight ::yes::

We decided to start over by the newer part of Disney Springs with all of the designer clothing, then shop for Disney merchandise/souvenirs. If you guys recall, my mom found a pair of jeans at Lucky on the first night that she LOVED, but decided not to buy them yet because our 3:45 AM wake-up call was hitting me like a train:rotfl: So, our first stop was Lucky, where Mom found her jeans and promptly bought them! They’re your basic dark-wash skinny jeans, but they are SO cute and go with everything!

After Mom bought her jeans, we headed on over Lilly Pulitzer! I believe I mentioned this in the first update, but we don’t have a Lilly store near us (closest one is outside of Chicago, which is about 2 hours south of us). So, whenever we see a Lilly store, we make it a priority to shop there, since the sizing is so weird and their clothes need to be tried on before purchasing.

Well, we spent another hour in there trying on clothes :earseek: It’s so addicting! We couldn’t find the same salesgirls as the other night, but we found two more that were just as nice and helpful! In fact, one was in there right along with us trying on clothes as well! (I think it was her night off) Mom and I each got some cute summer outfits :cutie: I agonized over whether or not to buy a dress for the longest time, but ultimately decided against it because it was too summery for living in Wisconsin :sad2: Instead, I bought a cute top and a pair of shorts!

9C2D08E2-9461-4D20-8437-58B95AE019E6_zpsozznyy26.jpg

CE3F5D16-F0E1-42A6-88C6-3CF621B8FDE4_zpsj2y2ishe.jpg

I wear these all the time!! The top goes super well with a scarf and leggings in the winter! And the flamingo shorts are just darling :goodvibes

Mom got an adorable top and shorts combo as well!

3F29C8F5-928B-46B2-B767-067E9E96677A_zpsjj2b2xiz.jpg

1BD54707-5637-47B3-9368-E8E7BD87B200_zpsk58euggb.jpg

The nice thing about all of these pieces is that you can wear them together and separate!

We also got two free makeup bags with our purchase! Overall, it was a very successful evening at Lilly Pulitzer :thumbsup2

We browsed in some more stores before finally leaving the designer row of Disney Springs. Mom and I knew that it was time to check out World of Disney. We were itching for some souvenirs!

F0D11ACC-8D99-459F-8288-34584D6EC16F_zpsntd5xqws.jpg

Mom and I split up once inside; she was looking for stuff for Haley and Ryan, and I was looking for stuff for Tom. Overall, we spent about 35 minutes in there but we came out with lots of fun gifts for both others and ourselves!! Here’s our loot:

For Haley:

E4CA4244-4D1C-421D-905E-00CA6DB279F4_zpszourar9m.jpg

Vera Bradley Purse

E2155CC8-764B-4CC0-B54C-2EC1389C03FC_zpsbiur44ec.jpg

Tinkerbell Travel Mug

For Haley and Ryan:

500B4647-59B6-4170-94E1-9E645E495B37_zpsosacrspt.jpg

Luggage Tags

For Tom:

7D9D1A1D-6A9C-408A-B85A-62122EC14B12_zpsoen7mvue.jpg

Buzz Lightyear Antenna Topper! Tom loved this so much that he insisted on super-glueing it to his car antenna to make sure that nobody stole it :rotfl:

For Mom:

F9BC291C-FD1F-44A5-B15C-942CC65F1716_zps77aifkai.jpg

Tinkerbell Alex and Ani bracelet! She gets a new one every trip, last year she got one with Cinderella’s Castle on it and it says “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” princess:

Then, because we had bought a certain amount, we got to buy this Mickey backpack for a discounted price! (I think it was only $20!)

4E38B746-D5FC-4BAB-85F9-F67AE822091A_zpssxchhgf0.jpg

We use this backpack all the time! In fact, I just used this as my carry-on for our DC trip. It is nice and deep so it fits lots of stuff, plus the mesh drink holders on the sides come in handy for our refillable mugs! Mom has designated Tom to be the “backpack holder” for our trip in September. Hey, a free trip to Disney for holding a backpack? Sounds like a sweet deal to me ;)

Usually World of Disney is a madhouse, but it wasn’t too bad this time and our check-out was nice and efficient!

After our successful trip to World of Disney, we peeked in the Marketplace Co-op and Tren-D again. I browsed through the phone cases at Marketplace for a little bit. As you may recall, I was looking for one the first night, but couldn’t find anything! These were the ones I was between:

7B0AE21E-89F0-4AC7-A35A-2CADA2A38D1B_zpsta2ntgrh.jpg

Unfortunately, I couldn’t pull the trigger and make a decision, so I left with NO phone case! :sad: There’s always next trip, I suppose!

Our ADR for Raglan Road was coming up fast, but we knew that there was one place we wanted to stop before heading to dinner.

0255CD22-7F32-488B-BB34-AD2713DBF88A_zpsypajiem3.jpg

Disney’s Days of Christmas! Another tradition that we do every trip is buy a Christmas ornament for our tree! We’ve been doing this ever since we first went to Disney in 2000. We cherish that first ornament; a glitter snow globe with Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing in the middle :love:

We always try to chose something different every year. Last year, we got a Belle-styled ear hat ornament. This year, we tried not to get another ear hat, but one just called to us!

26D9B356-C029-4725-9A4D-FAEE92A6A907_zpsk5r7q3pk.jpg

Isn’t it cute?! Once we saw it, we knew that it would look adorable on the tree. We love Dumbo, and we thought it was fun to get a ride-themed ornament! We have two princess-themed ornaments, one from the Mexico pavilion at Epcot, a red Mickey head with all four parks, and one with the year and our last name painted on it. I think that next trip, we should get a resort-themed one!

All of that shopping made us starving! It almost 10:30 PM by now, and we hadn’t had a proper meal since 1:30. Off to Raglan Road we go! But I’ll save that for next update :thumbsup2

Coming Up Next- Day 6: Part 5- “Chase The Wind And Touch The Sky!”

Last edited:
Congratulations on your job promotion, that is wonderful for you. I love the outfits you and your mom both got, I will have to check out that store at DS, we don't have any around our city. We got several ear ornaments this past year, the Dumbo is adorable.

I hope your meal at RR is good after the snooty phone call from the hostess!

I just made it through the whole TR so far in one day, can't wait for the rest!
My family and I will be in Disney the same time as you - Sept 7-9 in a FW Cabin, then 9-16 at AKL Kidani. If you see a mom chasing identical twin tornados (I mean darling almost 4 year old girls) while their older brothers egg them on, that's me!

Mom and I were enjoying a perfect moment people-watching on Main Street

Aww this made me so happy! Can't wait to enjoy some of these moments with my Mum :) 120 days!!

Um, ok? We were seriously reconsidering just switching restaurants at this point,

That is SO rude!! I would not have had a good reaction to that. I think that would have been a "What's your name? I'd like to speak to your manager please" Grrr but I am SO glad it didn't taint your final night - also we love Raglan Road so I am disappointed in them. My Mum is half Irish so we love the dancers etc.

We love Dumbo, and we thought it was fun to get a ride-themed ornament!

I love that ornament, how cute! Lovely choice.

You and your mom look so cute all ready for your night at Disney Springs! The dress looks great on you!

You both did so much fun shopping, love all the purchases you made!!

What a wonderful way to end the evening...shopping! Love all the clothes from Lilly Pulitzer.

Great TR! I so love the GF, but no one else in my family wants to stay there again. What a bummer. Can't wait to see the rest!

Mom asked the hostess if they had any reubens on the menu, since Mom loves reubens. Their answer was, “Um, no. We are an AUTHENTIC Irish restaurant, and reubens are American, NOT Irish. If you’re looking for Americanized Irish food, this isn’t the place.”

E4DF57D7-85DC-4741-BCEC-6CD1E3286423_zpsuuzp48or.gif

:rotfl: What? That sounds so snooty and hilarious.

Um, ok? We were seriously reconsidering just switching restaurants at this point, but decided to stick with it because we didn’t want the cancellation fee.

I think they might've let you move restaurants maybe without it. Sometimes we can move or alter them up until the reservation too.

Loving all the updates girl! :daisy:

For those who don't know, I currently work for the Wisconsin Early Autism Project as a Behavioral Treatment Technician. I am assigned three different children with Autism, and I travel to their homes where I provide ABA therapy.

Your job sounds so amazing and incredibly rewarding! And, kudos to you for going to people's homes!

I have a Bachelor's degree in psychology, so this is right up my alley. Plus, I get a sizable raise, which doesn't suck either :thumbsup2 I'm so grateful for this awesome opportunity.

I'm so happy for you!

If you guys are into it, I might do a tiny TR for my DC adventures condensed into one post. If not, it's totally cool, I need to finish up this current trip report AND start my March 2017 TR before our September trip anyways

Yes please!!

Their answer was, “Um, no. We are an AUTHENTIC Irish restaurant, and reubens are American, NOT Irish. If you’re looking for Americanized Irish food, this isn’t the place.”

Alrighty then... * instert eye roll emoji here*

Disney’s Days of Christmas! Another tradition that we do every trip is buy a Christmas ornament for our tree! We’ve been doing this ever since we first went to Disney in 2000. We cherish that first ornament; a glitter snow globe with Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing in the middle

Awww we have the same tradition!

I can't believe I found this trip report over TWO HOURS AGO and have been reading the whole thing almost NON-STOP since then. Honestly even though I'm, like, the very last person in the internet to read this TR, it has provided me with some of the most entertaining two hours of my life. You and your mother as SO MUCH FUN! I'm SO HERE for the Lifetime movies before going to sleep on vacation, all of the amazing souvenirs you picked up, the delicious food pics, and just all of the pixie dust in general from this trip. This "wake-up-early-and-party-hardy-until-three-am" touring style you guys shared has earned my respect, especially considering i cry if stay out late past 8:30.

I totally feel you about the post-labor day crowds. They were amazing. I was on my CP this past fall and I had the time of my life that week. I worked Peter Pan's Flight/it's a small world and let me tell you, the days our Pan wait times were down to 35 minute were GOLDEN.

Okay anyway this TR has been FAHHHHHBBBBUUULLOOUUUUSS. Thank you for giving me an amazing read this evening! So excited to hear about the end of this trip, your March girls trip, and eventually your family trip this September!!! I'm obsessed!!!

Congratulations on the promotion! I love shopping at Disney. It might get real dangerous when I have a real income.

Congratulations on your job promotion, that is wonderful for you. I love the outfits you and your mom both got, I will have to check out that store at DS, we don't have any around our city. We got several ear ornaments this past year, the Dumbo is adorable.

I hope your meal at RR is good after the snooty phone call from the hostess!

Thank you :) I'm so excited for the new opportunity! You guys should definitely check out Lilly, it can be a bit pricy but the clothes are so unique and look so adorable, especially in the summer time! I'm currently on the hunt for a Lilly dress to wear to dinner at Narcoossee's next trip.

I just made it through the whole TR so far in one day, can't wait for the rest!
My family and I will be in Disney the same time as you - Sept 7-9 in a FW Cabin, then 9-16 at AKL Kidani. If you see a mom chasing identical twin tornados (I mean darling almost 4 year old girls) while their older brothers egg them on, that's me!

Yay!! :welcome: and thanks so much for following along :)

:rotfl: I will for sure look out for you and your family! Hey, I bet that situation is way more common than you think at WDW!!

Aww this made me so happy! Can't wait to enjoy some of these moments with my Mum :) 120 days!!

That is SO rude!! I would not have had a good reaction to that. I think that would have been a "What's your name? I'd like to speak to your manager please" Grrr but I am SO glad it didn't taint your final night - also we love Raglan Road so I am disappointed in them. My Mum is half Irish so we love the dancers etc.

I love that ornament, how cute! Lovely choice.

Ahhhhh so excited for you!! :banana:

To be honest, I think I was a bit shell-shocked to answer to that. I did hang up the phone pretty much right after that though, haha! And thanks! Dumbo is a classic :dumbo:

You and your mom look so cute all ready for your night at Disney Springs! The dress looks great on you!

You both did so much fun shopping, love all the purchases you made!!

Awww, thanks!! :goodvibes

We loved all of the shopping we did on this trip! It's going to be a bit different next trip, with the whole fam (and 3 boys) along with us!! :sad2: :laughing:

What a wonderful way to end the evening...shopping! Love all the clothes from Lilly Pulitzer.

Thank you!! That addition to Disney Springs is just dangerous....as if we don't spend enough money!! :lmao:

Great TR! I so love the GF, but no one else in my family wants to stay there again. What a bummer. Can't wait to see the rest!

Thank you so much! Awww, that is a bummer :sad1: I hope that we get to stay there again sometime soon; Mom and I jumped on it because it was just us two and we didn't know if it would be my Dad's style.

:rotfl: What? That sounds so snooty and hilarious.

I think they might've let you move restaurants maybe without it. Sometimes we can move or alter them up until the reservation too.

Haha, I know right?! I didn't know that there was such a thing as being snooty about Irish food, but there's a first for everything I suppose. Also paired with the fact that we are, in fact, in the US and not Ireland...and probably in the most all-American place in the US at that :rotfl2:

Yeah, we've altered our ADR before without issue but I didn't know you could transfer them!! Hmm, have to remember that for next time :scratchin

Loving all the updates girl! :daisy:

Your job sounds so amazing and incredibly rewarding! And, kudos to you for going to people's homes!

I'm so happy for you!

Yes please!!

Alrighty then... * instert eye roll emoji here*

Awww we have the same tradition!

Thanks for reading along with 'em :goodvibes Already loving your TR!

Thanks for the nice words! I'm excited for this new opportunity; I'm all for switching things up and learning more on the job!

Agreed at the snobby hostess, it was kind of unnecessary and condescending, like sorry Mom and I aren't Irish food experts :rotfl:

I think I will do my DC post once I finish up Day 6!! I will also do planning/whatnot for our September trip on this thread too, once I secure FPs!

I can't believe I found this trip report over TWO HOURS AGO and have been reading the whole thing almost NON-STOP since then. Honestly even though I'm, like, the very last person in the internet to read this TR, it has provided me with some of the most entertaining two hours of my life. You and your mother as SO MUCH FUN! I'm SO HERE for the Lifetime movies before going to sleep on vacation, all of the amazing souvenirs you picked up, the delicious food pics, and just all of the pixie dust in general from this trip. This "wake-up-early-and-party-hardy-until-three-am" touring style you guys shared has earned my respect, especially considering i cry if stay out late past 8:30.

I totally feel you about the post-labor day crowds. They were amazing. I was on my CP this past fall and I had the time of my life that week. I worked Peter Pan's Flight/it's a small world and let me tell you, the days our Pan wait times were down to 35 minute were GOLDEN.

Okay anyway this TR has been FAHHHHHBBBBUUULLOOUUUUSS. Thank you for giving me an amazing read this evening! So excited to hear about the end of this trip, your March girls trip, and eventually your family trip this September!!! I'm obsessed!!!

I can tell by your username that you are a Broadway fan, so I love you already :thumbsup2

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! Ahhh, it made me smile so big reading your comment :goodvibes I lurked really hard on your last TR (Poly Bungalow- what?!?!?! :earseek:) and on your GF TR in preparation for our trip!! I'm sooo bad at commenting on TRs but I wanted to let you know that I was right along with them!

Also, I'm sooo jealous you got to do DCP! I love all of the CMs at Peter Pan and how they sprinkle the pixie dust on the boats :tink:I don't know how you handled those crowds though, Peter Pan is always a madhouse!

Once again, thank you so much for reading and following along!! Do you have an Insta?! If so I'd love to follow you and see what you're up to!!

Congratulations on the promotion! I love shopping at Disney. It might get real dangerous when I have a real income.

Thank you so much!! I'm super pumped to see what's in store! :)

SO true at your comment about shopping! My Mom was suffering some sticker shock at Disney, but then she said, "Hey, I work super hard all year to be able to spend lots of money at Disney, right?!" :rotfl:

I can tell by your username that you are a Broadway fan, so I love you already :thumbsup2

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! Ahhh, it made me smile so big reading your comment :goodvibes I lurked really hard on your last TR (Poly Bungalow- what?!?!?! :earseek:) and on your GF TR in preparation for our trip!! I'm sooo bad at commenting on TRs but I wanted to let you know that I was right along with them!

Also, I'm sooo jealous you got to do DCP! I love all of the CMs at Peter Pan and how they sprinkle the pixie dust on the boats :tink:I don't know how you handled those crowds though, Peter Pan is always a madhouse!

Once again, thank you so much for reading and following along!! Do you have an Insta?! If so I'd love to follow you and see what you're up to!!

YOU ARE MAKING ME BLUSSSHHHHHH!!!

I am a Broadway fan which was something I was going to bring up when I made that post but ultimately got wrapped up in everything else about this TR. I did theatre when I was growing up, too!

Thanks for being a lurker!!!

The Pan crowds were ROUGH, lmao. Especially the holiday season. BUT WE MADE IT!!! Sprinkling pixie dust made it all okay though!!!

I DO have an insta!!! Follow me @tinkerkait and I'll follow you back!! :tinker:

Day 6: Part 5- “Chase The Wind And Touch The Sky!”

Hello friends!! Just one more short post and I’ve wrapped up Day 6!! Only one day left to go :sad: WAHH!!

898008EA-6D2D-4D54-B230-45C0BE987A69_zpsstppv3mg.gif

But, no fear, I have plenty of TR writing in my future! I have my March 2017 TR still to go, and then a September 2017 trip currently in the works!

3EC00E9C-A134-4AE9-B1B8-F360092BF280_zpsg6iyj7ja.gif

Where I last left off, Mom and I were just leaving Disney Days of Christmas and on our way to our Raglan Road ADR! We had originally booked this for 9:00 PM, since we had planned to go to the 6:00 showing of Cirque Du Soleil: La Nouba. But, since we decided against La Nouba tonight, we pushed this ADR back to 10:30 to allow for more shopping time!

We were a bit apprehensive of coming up to the hostess, since we had such a passive-aggressive hostess when we called to change our ressie. But, no fear! Our hostess was super friendly and asked if we wanted a table inside or outside.

Like the complete amateurs we are, we decided on an outside table, because it was beautiful outside and the inside was a bit loud. But, little did we know, we would then miss all of the entertainment :sad2: I guess I just assumed that the dancers would be outside too?! But, we didn’t see them all night :sad1: So, that kind of put a damper on our impression, when we realized that we were missing all of the action. Totally our faults, though!

We met our waitress for the night, who was a cheerful blonde girl with an adorable Irish accent! She was awesome and very efficient. We got all of our food and drinks very quick!!

We started out with our drinks! Mom ordered a Brandy Old Fashioned Sweet. For all of you non-Wisconsinites, the drink basically consists of Sprite, brandy, cherry juice, bitters, muddled orange, sugar, and a cherry to garnish. This drink is pretty exclusive to Wisconsin, and my mom has had terrible luck with ordering it in other states. When we were in Texas one time, Mom ordered one and literally got a glass full of brandy with bitters :crazy2::rotfl: Luckily, Disney must study up on their cocktails, because they made a pretty good Brandy Old Fashioned Sweet!

I decided to go with their Blueberry Mint Lemonade: “Smirnoff Blueberry Vodka, Fresh Squeezed Lemonade, and Muddled Mint”

DD45EDF6-7439-44F8-8403-7CFCBFF5048F_zpslyevk8yv.jpg

This drink was delicious and so refreshing!! We ordered our food, and as we were sipping on our drinks, Mom claimed that she wanted to make a stop at Goofy’s Candy Company before we left Disney Springs. Can anyone guess what she had a hankering for? Make your guess and see if you were correct later on in the post :thumbsup2

We were loving just people-watching as we waited for our food. Since it was late, we saw lots of children (and adults) melt down ::yes::

We also decided to make some changes to our Boma- Flavors of Africa ADR for the next day. Since we found out that we could edit our ADR times in MDE, we wanted to change our ressie for Boma for a bit later in the morning. Our original ADR time for 9:00 AM, but it just didn’t seem probable to check out of the GF and take a cab all the way over to AKL that early in the morning. We found an open time for 10:50 and snatched that baby up! We were happy that we got to sleep a bit later, and that way we had more time to say our goodbyes to the GF :(

Soon enough, our food arrived! We were STARVING!

I decided on the “Nom Nom Wings!”

217B82ED-E5D8-4ACD-8164-EB86B1DB0C5B_zpsd8rsawjv.jpg

Side note- I loved all of the funny food names here at Raglan Road. One of the menu items is called “Keen Eye for the Shephard’s Pie,” which is a play on “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” :rotfl2:

Mom ordered the Raglan Risotto. Even though it looks practically neon green, it was actually super yummy!

F3E0D7DE-55A9-446D-9078-82998096FFD7_zpsx4g0k1q4.jpg

Then, we ordered some Garlic and Parmesan Truffle Fries to share! :love:

3608DC07-FA89-450D-8F14-5183AEE73BC7_zpsrymfcmfw.jpg

We demolished these! This was one of our first discoveries of truffle fries, and we were not disappointed :cloud9: (this makes me think of you, @DexLabDeeDee !)

So, what did we think of Raglan Road? The food was great, but sadly, it was just a one-and-done for us :sad1: It pains me to say that, because I have heard SUCH great things about this restaurant. In fact, it was it’s great reviews on the DIS that convinced me to book Raglan Road (otherwise, we would have done Morimoto Asia). I feel like it had so much potential, but a few things kind of dimmed it, like the rude hostess on the phone and our bad decision to sit outside instead of inside. I’m not sure if we’ll be back anytime soon, because there’s lots of new restaurants to try in Disney Springs.

After settling the bill, we realized that it was about 11:40, and that Disney Springs closed in 20 minutes! :scared1: We hoofed it over to Goofy’s for one last treat.

Did you make your guesses about what my mom chose for her treat? Well...it should come as no surprise…

A57628B3-E589-4564-B0D9-3B8F6CE61493_zpsiufrpebc.jpg

(Not my photo!)

A Butterfinger Caramel Apple! She decided to just get a pre-packaged one this time, because it was so close to closing and she didn’t want to hold up the CMs by doing a custom treat. I decided on a Mickey Cake Pop with blue sprinkles!

Treats in hand, we made our way to the bus. We had some scary flashbacks to our first night in WDW, where we waited 50 minutes for a bus going from Disney Springs to the GF! But, the Disney Gods were on our side tonight and we only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus! Yay!! We stopped at the Poly first, and then we were home sweet home.

When we got back to the room, it was about 12:35. We started packing up our clothes back into our suitcases, ate our dessert, and watched some TV. I didn’t take notes on what exactly we watched, but I’m assuming that it was either a Lifetime Movie or something on TLC :laughing:

D5C62E43-74A3-4711-862D-A94446814874_zpsiomjefa8.jpg

An earless Mickey Cake Pop!

After that, we crashed into bed at about 1:15 AM. We needed a good night’s sleep to prepare for our last day in the World!!

Coming Up Next- Day 7: Part 1- “New, And A Bit Alarming! Who’d Have Ever Thought That This Could Be?!”

Sorry to hear that Raglan Road was a one and done :sad1: It always stinks when you look forward to trying a new restaurant at Disney and it doesn't live up to the hype!

The apple and cake pop look AMAZING.

So sad that this TR is coming to a close but SO SO SO excited for your future TRs!!!

What a bummer about the outside table, they should let people know before you make the decision that the dancing is only viewable inside, oh well. We had a late lunch here last October and really loved the food, no dancing for us either since it wasn't dinner time.

Goofy' candy shop is always a must for us, yummy!

I know how hard it is to leave the GF, such a great resort!

Looking forward to your last day adventures!

But, no fear, I have plenty of TR writing in my future! I have my March 2017 TR still to go, and then a September 2017 trip currently in the works!

Yes! I'm so excited we're going to be there at the same time.

Then, we ordered some Garlic and Parmesan Truffle Fries to share! :love:

Yum!

We demolished these! This was one of our first discoveries of truffle fries, and we were not disappointed :cloud9: (this makes me think of you, @DexLabDeeDee !)

:rotfl: truffle fries do remind me of @DexLabDeeDee! She loves them!

The food was great, but sadly, it was just a one-and-done for us :sad1:

Aw that's sad to hear. I've been hesitant to try for awhile because the food doesn't appeal to me, but I have heard it has a good GF menu and people seem to like it there so I asked Josh if he wanted to try it but he didn't seem crazy about the food either. On the last trip when @DexLabDeeDee came out of the restaurant saying good things about the GF accommodations, then Josh decided he wanted to try so we may be booking it to see for ourselves this next trip!

Sounds like a great trip! Congrats on your new job and on booking your bounce back trip!

I just binge-read your trip report from the beginning (I had started it awhile ago but sorta fell behind on all the TR's I was reading!) and I just absolutely LOVE it! Your writing style is so much fun! Your trip is lovely and since I'm going to Disney for the first time this September I really enjoyed hearing about the lack of lines after Labor day! Can't wait to hear about your last day and also for your mini-March trip! Hooray for Sept 2017 trips aswell:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter