Evening EMH - Up to 3 hours???

annnewjerz

If I had a world of my own, everything would be no
Just had a quick question. In the past we have not taken advantage of the EMH but I am considering a few for our 09 trip. When it says the parks stay open "up to three hours" late for the evening EMH, how do you know it if it is one, two, or three hours?

Do you just show up and they tell you when you arrive?

Also - are there any parks that always have one but not the other (for example - AK only has evening EMH, etc.)??

So confused! :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.
Ann

Evening EMH is always 3 hours. That "up to" phrase is there just in case Disney ever decides to change it. :)

All four major theme parks have both morning and evening EMH. Except in extremely rare cases, no park has both on the same day. :thumbsup2

We stayed until 3 o'clock in the morning in MK last month. It wasn't as bad as you think (time wise) We were not in the park for the most of that afternoon because it was hot that day. So we took full advantage of EEH and much cooler temperature. Not recommending this commando hour for family with younger children.

Let me tell you about an experience I had with EMH in the evening, well technically morning, at the Magic Kingdom last year. We were there a few days before Christmas and the MK was open until 3am with EMH. My mom and I didn't go back into the park until about 1am since we left to go to dinner around 9pm at Citricos. When we got in the park, because it was so late, even though it was the busiest time of the year, it felt like we owned the park. It was the most empty I have ever seen it (and I go on average at least once a month). You would go on rides with literally no line and the CMs would ask you when you got off if you wanted to ride again. It was the most magical time ever.

The next most empty time I was in the parks was in 2004 during Hurricane Jeanne when the AK closed early so my friends and I went to the MK since it was staying open a couple hours longer. We figured most people would be leaving and we would be able to get a lot done in a short period of time. We went on six rides in an hour and it was crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter