• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ever see a room code around easter??

2plus2

Earning My Ears
We are going around easter of 06. Would like a moderate but with 6 in our family we need 2 rooms. Hoping for a code and wondered if anyone has ever seen any in the past or is that hopeless due to the holiday?

I have always managed to get some kind of discount during our Easter vacation. I know last year and the year before it was the AP discount.

Good luck!

I am new to this trip planning. Our last trip was 7 years ago when we only had two DS's. We have added two DD's who will be on there first trip. I am truing to do as much myself to make it affordable. What is the AP discount about? Any advice for planning my trip would be appreciated. It took me 2 years to talk DH into this trip so I want it to be smooth!!

We went Easter week this year and used a room only code that was available for the general public. There was also an AP code available. There haven't been any room only non-AP codes in 2005, so I wouldn't count on them. You can always make a reservation and then change it if a code is issued. Depending on how many nights you stay, it could be worth it to buy an AP if that's the only code available.

2plus2 said:
I am new to this trip planning. Our last trip was 7 years ago when we only had two DS's. We have added two DD's who will be on there first trip. I am truing to do as much myself to make it affordable. What is the AP discount about?
Walt Disney World typically posts 3 letter codes that you can use for room only reservations. The codes can be found here at the top of the "Resorts" board, as many people are very interested in saving money at WDW. As an AP holder, you should also receive the Mickey Monitor that lists codes for certain times of the year. The MM comes out every 3 months and also give new news about WDW, such as new attractions and happenings in the parks. Once you have the code, you call WDW and make your reservations as usual, you just ask the CM if there are any rooms available for code "XXX".

We used a room-only general public code for our Easter '05 trip. There were lots of codes when we booked: AAA, AP, room-only general public and package general public codes. Historically, the smallest savings is AAA and the largest savings is AP.

We had been thinking about buying an AP even though we had no other trips planned, just for the AP room-rate.

Well, at least for our time period, the AP and public codes were almost the same savings -- something like $5/day difference -- so we passed on the AP and bought park tickets from a discount broker (Hotwire, which I read now doesn't sell them anymore??). Better prices for us to go this way.

2006 may be more popular than 2005 thanks to Disney's promoting 50th anniversary + tourism is up after years of being down from 9-11. Guess it is possible that codes will be limited or they might be mixed in to a package (like free dining but you pay rack rate). I'd stay positive that odds are there will be codes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter