• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever seen any sports stars at ESPN club?

BC

DIS Veteran
We were there in 1998 and my SIL saw Doug Flutie (sp?). Anyone else seen anybody in the Sports world there? Is there anyway to know if someone special is coming?

Last summer we visited the ESPN Club and saw a football player. I don't remember his name or team, lol, I'm not really a big football fan, so his info didn't really stick out to me. I just remember that when we were asked if we had any questions for this football player, it was about 2 minutes before someone raised their hand.

Last year we saw Roger Clemmens. Gary Carter was there the same week. We've seen a few of the sports announcers there, too.

We went there after a Nascar truck race in January of '97 and Benny Parsons was at the next table. Everything they say about him and food is true. The waitress asked a woman he was dining with if she could take her plate and he laughed and said no - then reached over and took a fry off the plate. :D

I've seen plenty of people; most of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Jacksonville Jaguars, a few of the Tampa Bay Lightning players, tons of baseball players, David Carr, Joe Montana, Roger Clemens, Grant Fuhr, Ricky Williams, Tyrone Willingham and everyone else who was there for last year's college football awards, plus a ton of people I know I'm forgetting.

But working there makes it much, much easier to see people. :)

for getting a table to watch football next Sunday at 1. The Redskins play and my SIL is a huge fan! I don't want to have to sit there 2 hrs early just to get a seat, but from what I have read, I might have to if you don't have a tip for me!

When we were there in March '02, Andy Pettite of the NY Yankees was there. We were walking to Epcot one morning and his name was on the marquee out front. The funny thing is we went to high school together and I never dreamed he would be there.

WDWLVR ,

We must have been there the same time as you! We also saw Benny Parsons at ESPN! It's a small world! Too bad we were not into Lime Green Mickey's then!

:wave2:

We were there this past May and saw a hockey player from the Penguins. I don't remember his name but my DS knew who he was.

not at ESPN - but my aunt and uncle went last february and saw Kurt Warner with a group of disabled children at - ummm - Indiana Jones maybe?

We went for a walk on the boardwalk on a non park day. It started to rain and we ducked in for lunch. They sat us up in front, we were a little freaked as we have a 2 y/o and 4 y/o. We had a nice lunch while they taped a show and my son met wade boggs got his hat signed. He was very nice and we really enjoyed the impromtu experience.

We visit ESPN every time we visit WDW. We planned to go a certain night. Ended up being ALL Star Game for baseball that night. Very crowded so we left. Went back the next night. Andy Reid was there. He is the coach for the Philadelphia Eagles. My husband is a BIG fan of the Eagles. What a coincidence. We weren't even supposed to be there that night. It's like it was meant to be. We got to talk to him personally and got autographs. SO COOL!!

Saw him in March of '98...literally bumped into him on his way out of the bathroom and my way in. When I left we was surrounded by kids asking for his autograph. He was really nice and signed them all.

I saw Payne Stewart at the Orlando Hard Rock Cafe in April 1998.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter