Ever started planning a trip under 2 months out?

Magnumwill

Earning My Ears
This is the first trip my wife and I are planning to WDW, we both went as kids and we decided it is time to take our 4 year old daughter. We were originally planning a longer trip to Hawaii but things changed and so did our plans. She got the wild hair for us to go to WDW something we were actually looking at doing in 2019 for the first trip with her. The only thing is we are trying to plan it for the middle of June 12-16.

My question to you is has anyone ever book and figured out their WDW trip in less than 2 months and been successful with it and where to start? There are so many options especially to a first timer that we are both getting overwhelmed...

We were looking at a moderate resort then I came across the option of renting DVC points. Is it even worth looking at renting DVC points and finding a room that way or just sticking with booking direct with Disney? I am a value driven person so trying to get the best bang for our buck.

I did it our first trip, had a TA book the resort and tickets.This was pre-magic band when less advance planning was needed.we just freestyled it,no ADRs or "touring plan".We stumbled around a bit not knowing anything about the world but we still had a good time. The downside was the cost of airfare booking a flight with a short lead time.

All doable but you should get a lot of things done fast. It is probably too late to rent DVC points and get a room. If DVC rooms are still available, choices will be limited. There are a number of brokers out there and you can ask them to check it out. Any of the moderates are great, my personal preference is Port Orleans French Quarter. If there is a meal(s) you particularly want to try, book an ADR(s) quickly. Same goes for fast passes but you need to have either your tickets or a voucher to get them. All that can be done through the My Disney Experience https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/ Also check the web to see if Disney is offering any discounts or incentives. If you are feeling overwhelmed, you can always contact a travel agent that specializes in Disney. You might also want to invest in a Disney guide to give you some basic information.

Take a deep breath and don’t worry. Get some advance planning done and if you have to wing it, you are still at Disney.

Was able to find DVC points and booked a block of rooms at SSR, flights booked and actually found reservations for dinner 3 of the four nights even though they are not ideal times. We have an idea of the parks to visit and what days so now figuring out how we want to attack each day. Right now we are planning on relaxing on our arrival day and exploring, day two hitting up AK then day 3 and 4 at MK with our last day walking around DD then catching an afternoon flight home. Still a lot more planning but becoming easier by the minute as things to do get checked off the list.

Was able to find DVC points and booked a block of rooms at SSR, flights booked and actually found reservations for dinner 3 of the four nights even though they are not ideal times. We have an idea of the parks to visit and what days so now figuring out how we want to attack each day. Right now we are planning on relaxing on our arrival day and exploring, day two hitting up AK then day 3 and 4 at MK with our last day walking around DD then catching an afternoon flight home. Still a lot more planning but becoming easier by the minute as things to do get checked off the list.

Excellent. Glad you got into SSR and you have a great plan there. Where are your ADR's? You can always keep checking to see if you can get better times for dinner as reservations are canceled. Don't forget Fast Passes if you haven't already gotten them. In the MK, lines at Peter Pan and Pooh build fast. You probably know already but in case you don't, you can take advantage of the baby swap if mom and dad want to ride more thrilling rides. Just ask a CM at the attraction how to do it. If you do those rides, check and see if there is a single rider line which in many cases is faster. Grab an autograph book and make sure you have plenty of memory sticks for the camera. Have a blast.

I was on vacation being rained out in Tampa and my wife decided to go to WDW for three days. Literally called Disney while packing. Got set up at the POP and got my tickets. We had such an amazing time. We were able to do anything we wanted.

I planned our trip two years ago in under 14 days. For ADRs, check out the reservation finder on the Touring Plans website. We got all of the reservations we wanted (eventually) using that tool and being quick when the notification came in. Even BOG dinner and OHana.

Since you are staying at SSR, keep in mind that some Disney Springs restaurants take reservations outside of the Disney ADR system and may have much better availability. Check them out on Open Table too (Boathouse, Ragland Road, Morimoto, Terralina, Edison and more).

If you want to go to T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe consider getting a Landry’s Select member card online now. No reservations required, just show the card and get seated within 5-10 minutes tops. Costs $25 but you get a $25 credit the first time you dine. Also works at Yak N Yeti in AK.

How's your planning been going? I'd be glad to chip in some more advice if you needed it, we're obsessed with planning for World.

I am glad I stumbled upon this thread, I could get some guidance here for you experts. I am planning a last minute trip for May 31st for 5 nights.
Have decided on POP, but open to anything in disney property if we pay a little more and can get something better.
Not sure if we will be able to FP+ for the major rides, not sure which one to prioritize, both boys ages 5 and 2.
Thinking of going to MK 2 days, AK 1 and epcot 1. My 5 year old loves dinosaurs so anything dinosaur related would be great. any tips you guys could share?

...My 5 year old loves dinosaurs so anything dinosaur related would be great. any tips you guys could share?

Animal Kingdom has DinoLand. Dinosaur is a good ride, but may or may not be a bit scary for your 5yo. It is dark and loud. They also have Triceratops Spin (think Dumbo with dinos instead of elephants). There is a nice play area there too (the Boneyard) that includes a "fossil" digging area. You can also meet Chip and Dale in their dino outfits.

Over in Disney Springs is the restaurant T-Rex. If you are familiar with Rainforest Cafe, same thing but with dinosaurs. Food is alright, but the you're there for the atmosphere. ADRs here can be hard to get, but you can also make a reservation directly with the restaurant outside of Disney's ADR system (even when there are no ADRs to be had). Or better yet, sign up for a Landry's Select membership before you go. $25 to join but you get a $25 credit to use when you dine. With that membership card you don't need a reservation. Just walk up to the hostess stand, flash your card and request a table. You will get seated within a few minutes, ahead of even those with reservations.

Is Disney Spring part of WDW? What is ADRs?, would love the T-Rex restaurant, but even if they have a gift shop with dinosaur that would work too?
How does one go to these different area within WDW, that are not parks?

Is Disney Spring part of WDW? What is ADRs?, would love the T-Rex restaurant, but even if they have a gift shop with dinosaur that would work too?
How does one go to these different area within WDW, that are not parks?

Disney Springs is the shopping and dining district on WDW property. To get there you go to your hotel bus stop area and board the bus for Disney Springs. You can also catch a bus to Disney Springs from the parks after 4pm.

ADR is advanced dining reservation. It is Disney's dining reservation system built into My Disney Experience (MDE).

T-Rex does have a gift shop, a fossil dig area and a dino version of Build-a-Bear. You can check out their website below:

https://www.trexcafe.com

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!