Ever taken a trip to Disney World and not gone to the parks at all?

Yes.
We stayed at SSR and spent a lot of time at the spa, by the pool, and at Disney Springs. It was a girls trip with no kids.

Not yet, but we are in January. This is going to be our 'budget trip', so we are only doing a 4 day disney cruise then 2 nights at the Poly on rented dvc points. Our plan is to go to Disney Springs and the Boardwalk. I'm hoping that its nice enough to use the pool, but not planning on it - our last two January trips have been way too cold to swim. It is going to be hard to not go to the parks, but that's just not in the budget for this year.

I have a few times. I enjoy just taking that 3 hour drive to Disney for a day and resort hop, visit Disney Springs and just take a ride on the monorail both MK line and Epcot line. Just knowing that I am in Disney makes me super happy :-)

I have a few times, but only when I’ve been in town for other purposes for work. I really enjoy the resort hopping aspect and just seeing what each place has to offer. Especially during the fall.

Yes. Last summer we stayed at OKW and found plenty of things to do in the area. Attended an Orlando City soccer match, drove to St. Pete to watch the Tampa Bay Rays play the Red Sox, played golf, hung out at the pool, visited the outlet malls, and rode the boat to Disney Springs. It was a very relaxing week.

We’ve gone to Orlando and not done Disney, but haven’t done wdw and not done the parks. I think that would be torture for me. I can see a trip with lots of days off from the parks, but no days in the parks?... I can’t imagine.

I could never be so close to the parks and not visit. Logically I know there’s tons of non-park stuff to do that would be lots of fun and could keep you busy, but to me Disney World IS the parks. I wouldn’t have the willpower to stay away!

Yes, back in my college days and OKW was my family’s home, we used to go there and spend the days at the pools there. My father and brother would golf, my mother and I would do tea at GF. We’d spend an afternoon down by the boardwalk playing mini golf, renting the bikes, watching the fireworks from there. Spend a day/night at Downtown Disney. Rent boats. Visit AK lodge and do dinner there once that was built. We’d do a spa morning at Saratoga Springs. Have dinner at contemporary and watch the fireworks from there. There’s so much to do. And we never even did any of the shows.

We're doing it this October! Staying at AKL, hanging out the resort (in the crowded pool, grrr), eating at the awesome restaurants, and taking part in the cultural activities. Then we'll head to Cocoa Beach for a couple days.

WE are staying at AKL in October for 4 nights and our plan is to do a resort only stay. We booked our first ever CL Savanah room as we can spend hours just watching the animals.
We may go to MNSSHP one evening and possibly check our Toy Story Land but not sure yet.

Yes and it was wonderful! We stayed at AKL for a week. We relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful resort and pool. The boys were able to complete all of the activities and earn all of the available beads. We have another resort only trip next month. This time we will be staying at the Beach Club.

When we went in 1996 we did one full day and one half day away from the parks. Went horseback riding on the half day before we went to the airport and on the full day we rented bicycles in the morning and then a pontoon boat (which my parents illegally let me drive), and took it to Downtown Disney for dinner. We were staying at the original Port Orleans. It was nice to have a break in the middle from going to the parks.

I have not but this is a fascinating question. I think the third or fourth trip there - before the trip - I had a vivid dream that we were at the Beach Club (where we stayed the 2nd and 3rd time we were there) and simply never got around to going to the parks.

It was an odd feeling when I woke up, because while I felt like we really missed something important, I still knew we had a great vacation.

We do usually plan at least a day and a half with no park visits (middle of the trip and day we go home). If we extended our stay by a day, it would probably be another no-park day.

I guess the saying "a bad day at Disney beats a good day at work" can be amended to say "even if you just do the resorts and Downtown Disney/Disney Springs"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!