Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

No MV's for us for the first part of our stay because we are staying at a Disney Springs hotel.
I think they JUST opened MV service to the Disney Springs hotels in the last week or so.

p.s. do you transport ECV's? Have you been asked to?
I have not been asked to with Uber/Lyft. I have transported a couple of wheelchairs, which are much easier.

But Grandma uses an ECV and I've transported hers. That's how I know how heavy they are! And they can really tear your car up -- especially if you are driving a sedan and put it in the trunk.

Yeah, I was just on the DISabilities thread and saw that MV service is now available to Disney Springs hotels.
NICE! I also saw that someone posted that they called to request an accessible MV and were told that because the person using the ECV could transfer/get into the vehicle on their own (which Mom can) that the accessible van was not necessary, they put them in back quite often.
Anyway, the only time we HAVE to have transportation other than the Disney buses is going to EMM one day and going to Trail's End one day for an early breakfast. I don't want to be sweating it out wondering if we will get there on time.
I will check this all out when we get to Orlando before the day of our reservations. If I have to call a Mear's accessible vehicle, I will, but probably not. :)
Oh, and yeah they are heavy, but not for two people. Me and Hubby lift Mom's up all the time to transport it.
Some are heavier than others, I'm sure.
After our trip, I will come back and report how this all worked out.

Oh, and yeah they are heavy, but not for two people. Me and Hubby lift Mom's up all the time to transport it.
Some are heavier than others, I'm sure.
According the Pride Mobility site, one of the smallest and IMO most popular scooters, the Go-Go Elite Traveler, weighs 95# with standard batteries. A popular full-size scooter, Maxima V, can weigh 209# with extended range batteries.

I use an Elite Traveler, and I would never ask anyone to lift it while assembled. It only takes 2-3 minutes to disassemble or assemble it.

As for damage, the trouble point is the hooks on the front section that attach to the rear section. I've learned to always load the rear section first, and hook the sections together when I load the front section. That works in my small SUV, but there might not be enough room in some sedan trunks.

You can use Venmo, PayPal, or Google Pay as your payment method for Uber, but I don't know if they will let you use pre-paid gift cards. I believe Lyft does allow pre-paid gift cards. Both companies have their own gift cards, which of course they accept.

The pre-paid card is an issue for drivers because those cards are often used by drug dealers to remain anonymous making deliveries. None of us want to be risking our lives, or arrest, for some drug dealer.

Thank You! And I can certainly understand the concern with the anonymous drug dealers.

I plan on loading the prepaid vis cards onto my paypal account and pay for all rides through PayPal on my Lyft app. I’ve already checked and PayPal does allow you to load prepaid gift cards to your account as long as they have the visa/mc/Amex logo. I do not think they allow Lyft or Uber gift cards.
For convenience and not having to carry numerous cards with me I prefer to use the PayPal method of payment. I was just inquiring as to anyone else that may use this same method and if they encountered any issues.
Thanks again for all the info you have supplied in this thread it is greatly appreciated!
One other question do drivers prefer to be tipped in cash or through the app for safety reasons?

One other question do drivers prefer to be tipped in cash or through the app for safety reasons?
I'm sure most drivers would prefer cash tips.

All fares are processed through the app, so the tip money we receive does not present a security threat to drivers. It's not like a taxi driver collecting both fares and tips in cash and having a sizable amount of money on their person.

However, you can tip via the app with both companies if that is your preference.

I personally always tip in cash because I want the driver to know I appreciated their service in a personal face-to-face way.

If you request a carseat, is it guarenteed? And do you go to the Disney outlet?

I don't think you request a carseat. I think you request an X with carseat or an XL with carseat. I think it's a different booking category, like the way you decide if you want to request an X or request an XL. And I don't think there are very many of them.

If I needed a car seat, I wouldn't Uber off property. I would be worried about getting back. It could be a long wait to get an Uber with carseat to get back to the hotel. It's not like going to a theme park, where you can take a Disney bus back to a Disney hotel if you have to, even if it isn't your preference. I certainly would have a back up plan. I would find out if Mears or another reputable taxi company has car seats, and I would have their phone number saved in my cell phone just in case.

If I'm wrong about any of this, I'm sure someone will report back.

If you request a carseat, is it guarenteed? And do you go to the Disney outlet?
Yes, if you request a vehicle with a car seat, it will have a car seat.
It's its own class of service, just like XL, XL+, etc.
Matter of fact, it's only available in limited areas, such as Orlando Theme Park Corridor. You would likely not even see it as a vehicle option if you pin your location at home but if you switch your location manually to a Disney resort, you'd find it as a vehicle choice.
Is the Outlet in the "Corridor"? I don't know, I have never been but you can again, find out by changing the pin for your starting location on your Uber app manually to the location of the Outlet and see, does Uber +Carseat come up as a vehicle choice?

Yes, if you request a vehicle with a car seat, it will have a car seat.
It's its own class of service, just like XL, XL+, etc.
Matter of fact, it's only available in limited areas, such as Orlando Theme Park Corridor. You would likely not even see it as a vehicle option if you pin your location at home but if you switch your location manually to a Disney resort, you'd find it as a vehicle choice.
Is the Outlet in the "Corridor"? I don't know, I have never been but you can again, find out by changing the pin for your starting location on your Uber app manually to the location of the Outlet and see, does Uber +Carseat come up as a vehicle choice?
I will let my son know. I personally don't venture off property, lol! But kinda sounds like mears might be easier/more reliable anyway.

Is the Uber/Lyft pick up closer to the Animal Kingdom and HS entrances then the bus stops?
  • AK - yes
  • DHS - about the same as the closest bus load zone, but closer than most load zones; but highly subject to change due to ongoing construction, right now everything is temporary

Hello I am wondering if UBER is available after a Not So Scary Halloween Party ends. I want to purchase a ticket to the one on October 25th but need to make sure I'm not trapped lol. That might be a somewhat scary ending to the party. :-)

Hello I am wondering if UBER is available after a Not So Scary Halloween Party ends. I want to purchase a ticket to the one on October 25th but need to make sure I'm not trapped lol. That might be a somewhat scary ending to the party. :-)

Plenty of cars should be available.

Remember that Uber won't be able to pick you up at the Magic Kingdom. You will have to go to either the Transportation & Ticket Center, or one of the nearby hotels. People talk about walking over to the Contemporary and requesting an Uber when they get there.

Are there any maps of Uber pick up locations for the Parks and Disney Springs? My understanding is that there are no pick ups at Magic Kingdom. ( only heading to Ticket Transportation Center for Uber there). If going to a Boardwalk location, would it be more feasible to take monorail to Epcot and then get Uber? Or head to a resort on the monorail & get an Uber back to the Boardwalk there? We have a really tight schedule between our last fastpass and our meal in the Boardwalk area. Buses would probably take too long. What's your advice?

Are there any maps of Uber pick up locations for the Parks and Disney Springs? My understanding is that there are no pick ups at Magic Kingdom. ( only heading to Ticket Transportation Center for Uber there).
No Uber pickup at MK, but you can walk to the Contemporary and Uber from there.
If going to a Boardwalk location, would it be more feasible to take monorail to Epcot and then get Uber?
No. Too much wasted time on the monorail, and waiting for two monorails -- and then you're still not where you need to be.
Or head to a resort on the monorail & get an Uber back to the Boardwalk there?
That's another option, but I think you can walk to the Contemporary and be in an Uber before you could walk to the MK Monorail Station and get on the resort monorail.

Another option would be MinnieVan. Walk to the MK bus pickup area and use the Lyft app to request a MinnieVan. If you get one with a reasonable ETA, they will pick you up at the bus loading area and drive you to Boardwalk. For that trip, MV would be more expensive than Uber, but might be a little quicker...provided you get a prompt pickup.

If you can't get a prompt pickup, just continue walking to CR and order an Uber.

Are there any maps of Uber pick up locations for the Parks and Disney Springs? My understanding is that there are no pick ups at Magic Kingdom. ( only heading to Ticket Transportation Center for Uber there). If going to a Boardwalk location, would it be more feasible to take monorail to Epcot and then get Uber? Or head to a resort on the monorail & get an Uber back to the Boardwalk there? We have a really tight schedule between our last fastpass and our meal in the Boardwalk area. Buses would probably take too long. What's your advice?

If you want to use Uber and are going to or from a BoardWalk location, why wouldn't you Uber to or from the BoardWalk hotel?

If you arrive at the hotel and need to get out to the BoardWalk: walk into the hotel, through the lobby and out the back door to take the stairs down to the BoardWalk. (If you need an elevator, it is past the check-in desk.)

If you are on the BoardWalk: walk up the big stairs to get into the hotel. Walk through the lobby and out the front door. Request an Uber from there. (If you need an elevator: when you are facing the big stairs, there is a path to the right. Follow it and it will take you to a hotel entrance where you can get an elevator to the lobby floor.)

If you want to use Uber and are going to or from a BoardWalk location, why wouldn't you Uber to or from the BoardWalk hotel?

I think this is what PP is trying to figure out how to do.

If you arrive at the hotel and need to get out to the BoardWalk: walk into the hotel, through the lobby and out the back door to take the stairs down to the BoardWalk. (If you need an elevator, it is past the check-in desk.)

If you are on the BoardWalk: walk up the big stairs to get into the hotel. Walk through the lobby and out the front door. Request an Uber from there. (If you need an elevator: when you are facing the big stairs, there is a path to the right. Follow it and it will take you to a hotel entrance where you can get an elevator to the lobby floor.)

I'm not really following your advice. It sounds like you're directing PP how to get an Uber when s/he's already at the BW or how to get out of a BW-area hotel to the BW itself. I think PP is trying to figure out how to get to a BW hotel when s/he's at another park (needs to make an ADR at a BW-area hotel and looking for specifics on Uber pick-up areas in DS and the parks).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter