Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

We would like to take an Uber from MC O to our hotel at Cabana Bay near Universal. We have 3 kids and 2 adults, we'll be bringing a bubble bum seat for our 5 year old but we will also have a petite 4 year old that needs a seat, I don't think she'll meet the bubble bum height requirements.

Can we order an Uber XL with a car seat? When I google I see that Uber X has them but I wasn't sure if XL was a separate class. If so are they difficult to book, I wasn't sure how many XLs would actually be available with a car seat?

Well apparently i posted bad info so i’m deleting it.

Last edited:
Caribbean Beach: We can now get in easily. Please wait in front of your building by the loop. Do not wait in the bus stop and be sure your pickup location is accurate since this is a very large resort.At CB, we assume your location is what you pinned on the map ( Barbados, Trinidad, Old Port Royale,etc)

Hi! Just wanted to see if this information about CBR pickup and drop-off is still accurate after the construction there, and you can get picked up at your building rather than having to go to the lobby for pick up. Thanks!!

When ordering a Lyft, is there a place on the app where you can give them a head's up that you need to transport an ECV? An XL, of course. I know you can text or call them after they accept, but before that?

When ordering a Lyft, is there a place on the app where you can give them a head's up that you need to transport an ECV? An XL, of course. I know you can text or call them after they accept, but before that?
No, but as long you're prepared to disassemble it, lift it or at least team lift it into the trunk, and reassemble it yourself, it shouldn't be an issue. Drivers are required to provide equal access to the handicapped as long as it can be done safely.

Last edited:
We would like to take an Uber from MC O to our hotel at Cabana Bay near Universal. We have 3 kids and 2 adults, we'll be bringing a bubble bum seat for our 5 year old but we will also have a petite 4 year old that needs a seat, I don't think she'll meet the bubble bum height requirements.

Can we order an Uber XL with a car seat? When I google I see that Uber X has them but I wasn't sure if XL was a separate class. If so are they difficult to book, I wasn't sure how many XLs would actually be available with a car seat?
UberXL with a car seat is an available vehicle type, but checking right now, I don't see that option coming up at MCO. I don't know whether they've discontinued that class at MCO, or there just aren't any in the queue at the moment. Usually, if a particular vehicle class isn't available, it will still show up on the app but say it's not available.

I do see Uber Black SUV with a car seat showing, but it currently has a fare of $89. A Mears taxi van would be cheaper. Many of the taxis at WDW have car seats; I don't know whether drivers working the airport also have them.

Hi! Just wanted to see if this information about CBR pickup and drop-off is still accurate after the construction there, and you can get picked up at your building rather than having to go to the lobby for pick up. Thanks!!
There's an issue picking up at the room when there's an unattended gate blocking access. AFAIK, CBR does not have any gates beyond the guard shack, so there should be no issue picking up at the room.

This says Uber X: https://help.uber.com/riders/article/uber-car-seat?nodeId=3abcbae1-132b-42a9-8277-0dab00fa3879

But I have no first-hand knowledge as a driver or as a passenger.
That link is for NY City, where apparently they have only X vehicles with car seats. However, each market is different.

At WDW, Uber has several vehicle types with car seat, although as Joel notes above, availability may be an issue at some places and times.

When I checked MCO, I saw X, Black, and Black SUV offered with car seats (NO XL on the menu). However at the moment I looked, there were Black and Black SUV, but no X vehicles with car seat in the MCO queue.

When I checked one of the theme parks just now (Epcot), I was given options for X and XL with car seats, but no Black or Black SUV -- and I saw zero car seat vehicles available in either class.

With five passengers, regardless of age, you will need an XL vehicle (or 2 X vehicles). Rather than paying the high cost of Black SUV, I would use one of the other options Joel suggested.

UberXL with a car seat is an available vehicle type, but checking right now, I don't see that option coming up at MCO. I don't know whether they've discontinued that class at MCO, or there just aren't any in the queue at the moment. Usually, if a particular vehicle class isn't available, it will still show up on the app but say it's not available.

I do see Uber Black SUV with a car seat showing, but it currently has a fare of $89. A Mears taxi van would be cheaper. Many of the taxis at WDW have car seats; I don't know whether drivers working the airport also have them.
I have a feeling Uber has discontinued XL with car seat at MCO, possibly deciding to offer Black and Black SUV as much less expensive options to the Disney MinnieVan.

When I checked onsite at WDW, I didn't even see either Black class with car seats on the menu. And I did see both X and XL onsite with car seats.

Thank you all so much for the info! I think we'll look into using Mears, thank you so much for all of the options. Looking forward to our trip!!​

Good info, but of course nobody can read all 2,500+ messages.

The first post is great, but last edit was two years ago. Sometimes information changes. Any place to find it?

Good info, but of course nobody can read all 2,500+ messages.

The first post is great, but last edit was two years ago. Sometimes information changes. Any place to find it?
Some of the pickup/dropoff locations have changed:
  • MK: still at TTC, but most people seem to prefer CR & walk to park. Going to CR is normally not a problem, but security has been known to ask drop-offs for room or dining reservations during peak times of the year.
  • Epcot: now at the electric car charging station in the corner of the main parking lot, to the left of the parking lot tram lane as you exit the park.
  • DHS: not sure where it is, as it's been moving around during reconstruction of the transportation area. Last time I checked (a few months ago), it was in the parking lot to the right of the tram lane when exiting the park, near the tram pickup.
  • AK: still as described, in the corner of the medical parking lot.
  • DS: still 2 locations:
    1. West Side location is now in the bus loop between Cirque and the Strawberry lot.
    2. Marketplace is still in the old bus loop.
The other change to note is that Uber no longer accepts drivers into the car seat program. There are still Uber car seats available, but availability is decreasing as drivers quit. Lyft does not and never has offered car seats in the Orlando market.

Is it ok to take an Uber to the Poly from our resort even if we don't have a dining reservation? Will they give us a problem at the gate?

Thanks for update. Is the extra Epcot pickup at International Gateway still a good idea?
Not sure what you mean. There is no pickup of any type at IG. No vehicles can drive to IG
Or do you mean going to one of the Resorts outside the IG entrance?

Is it ok to take an Uber to the Poly from our resort even if we don't have a dining reservation? Will they give us a problem at the gate?
We have taken ride shares to many resorts all over WDW, on extremely high crowd days, like NYE. Without reservations of any type at the said resorts. When the drivers inform the guards they are drivers doing drop-offs there has never been any issues or push back of any type. It would be no different than the same driver needing to get into the resort to do a pick up for a guest at that resort. Matter of fact, the last time we had a drop off our driver accepted a pick up at our resort on that same trip. So our driver would have had to have been allowed to get their pick up. This type of thing and the frequency of use has had to change the rideshare vehicle access at Disney.
Have some guards been slow to accept this? I can't say but I suspect there are some that still give a bit of grief. Thankfully, we have not experienced one of those guards.

Thanks for update. Is the extra Epcot pickup at International Gateway still a good idea?
There is no vehicle access to the IG, but you can exit Epcot there and walk to Beach Club or Boardwalk to order a ride.

Yes. You can take an Uber to any Disney resort. There shouldn't be any issue getting through the gate for an Uber dropoff, or for pickup.

Lots of visitors visit the resorts to eat, look around and/or shop. The Mouse will be happy to take your money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!