Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

If I have a family of 5, one child is almost two and needs a carseat, another child is 5, will that work for uber xl?
The 5-yo needs a booster seat or car seat in FL. You can call an Uber XL with a car seat for the younger, but you will need to provide your own booster or car seat for the older. You can buy and bring with you a portable booster, such as the inflatable Bubble Bum available at Amazon, Walmart, & other online & local retailers.

The 5-yo needs a booster seat or car seat in FL. You can call an Uber XL with a car seat for the younger, but you will need to provide your own booster or car seat for the older. You can buy and bring with you a portable booster, such as the inflatable Bubble Bum available at Amazon, Walmart, & other online & local retailers.
Thank you- we will call for a carseat ride and bring a booster!

We are heading to WDW in 13 days (woo hoo!) and plan on using Lyft throughout the trip when we just don't want to use/wait for Disney transportation. I went back several pages and didn't see my specific questions, so I am going to ask in a new post. Apologies if this has already been answered :)
1. Has anyone taken Lyft from Beach Club to MCO? If so, what was the (approximate) cost?
2. We use Lyft all of the time at DLR and never wait more than 5 minutes for a driver. What is the availability/response time we can expect when using Lyft on WDW property?
3. Are there any resorts or parks that Lyft CAN'T pick up from?

Thanks in advance for all of your help and advise!

We are heading to WDW in 13 days (woo hoo!) and plan on using Lyft throughout the trip when we just don't want to use/wait for Disney transportation. I went back several pages and didn't see my specific questions, so I am going to ask in a new post. Apologies if this has already been answered :)
1. Has anyone taken Lyft from Beach Club to MCO? If so, what was the (approximate) cost?
2. We use Lyft all of the time at DLR and never wait more than 5 minutes for a driver. What is the availability/response time we can expect when using Lyft on WDW property?
3. Are there any resorts or parks that Lyft CAN'T pick up from?

Thanks in advance for all of your help and advise!
1. Which level if service? Plus is about $25
2. Same. 5 min is typical, avg in my experience
3. MK. They can't pick up at MK proper

Using RideGuru, I get estimates of about $23 for regular Lyft and $38 for Plus.

In the very first post on this thread on page 1, Rideshare Rob gives a pretty detailed listing of pickup locations in the WDW area. Basically, Uber/Lyft can go anywhere other non-Disney vehicles can go, but there are some designated pickup areas in certain places.

You should have no issues using Lyft unless you have children who require carseats. Lyft does not have that capability. Uber has some vehicles (both X and XL) with one carseat, and all Disney Minnie Vans have 2 carseats.

1. Which level if service? Plus is about $25
2. Same. 5 min is typical, avg in my experience
3. MK. They can't pick up at MK proper
Thanks for the info! Some follow up questions:

If they can't pick up at MK is there someplace nearby for pick up that is permitted? Also, are there any parks they cannot drop off at?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info! Some follow up questions:

If they can't pick up at MK is there someplace nearby for pick up that is permitted? Also, are there any parks they cannot drop off at?

Thanks again!
They can neither pick up nor drop off at MK. If you ask for MK, the default is to drop off or pick up at TTC, where you can ride monorail or ferryboat to MK. You can instead ask for Contemporary Resort, which is 10-minute walk from MK on a paved, lighted walkway.

The other 3 parks, DS, water parks, and all resorts are OK for drop off and pick up.

Most resorts now have the Minnie-Vans via the Lyft app. It’s $20 to anywhere in the resort. I used it this morning to go from Disney’s Grand Floridian to Animal Kingdom so I would be first in line at Avatar. This was at 6:30 am, and I was picked up within 5 minutes. The advantage with using the Minnie-Van is they can go right to where the buses go, so I didn’t have to worry about the entrance being closed or anything. Well worth it, especially when the resort buses started to arrive.

Most resorts now have the Minnie-Vans via the Lyft app. It’s $20 to anywhere in the resort. I used it this morning to go from Disney’s Grand Floridian to Animal Kingdom so I would be first in line at Avatar. This was at 6:30 am, and I was picked up within 5 minutes. The advantage with using the Minnie-Van is they can go right to where the buses go, so I didn’t have to worry about the entrance being closed or anything. Well worth it, especially when the resort buses started to arrive.

For those who are wondering, it's only the Deluxe resorts. No plans to expand at this time according to the driver a quizzed yesterday. But, once you stay at a deluxe or otherwise get the service added you can utilize it

We are at SSR and still able to use it because we where at BWI on our stay in August

For those who are wondering, it's only the Deluxe resorts. No plans to expand at this time according to the driver a quizzed yesterday. But, once you stay at a deluxe or otherwise get the service added you can utilize it

We are at SSR and still able to use it because we where at BWI on our stay in August
Are the DVC resorts included -- SSR and OKW? They are usually considered Deluxe.

Are the DVC resorts included -- SSR and OKW? They are usually considered Deluxe.
No. I asked that specific question (regarding the 2 Villa properties) because that is where we are staying this trip. They are not included at this time with no current plans to expand. So a stay at one of them will not trigger the automatic Minnie Van feature

No. I asked that specific question (regarding the 2 Villa properties) because that is where we are staying this trip. They are not included at this time with no current plans to expand. So a stay at one of them will not trigger the automatic Minnie Van feature
Hmmm. DVC owners should pitch a fit. They make such a big deal out of being "Deluxe." Oh well, I'd trade an OKW 2BR for a Minnie Van any day!

Hmmm. DVC owners should pitch a fit. They make such a big deal out of being "Deluxe." Oh well, I'd trade an OKW 2BR for a Minnie Van any day!

"Deluxe" seems to be a description Disney added at some point for cash reservations for DVC rooms. As an owner, I never particularly cared if that term was used or not.

After that room we had at SSR there was nothing deluxe about it. I don't have words to describe how bad the sofa bed was. It didn't even qualify as a bed of you ask me. If I owned there the lack of Minnie Vans would be far down the list of things to complain about

I want to thank the experts on this thread! Took Lyft for the first time from Fort Wilderness to Universal and back a couple of weeks ago and appreciate y'all walking me thru how this all works! Had no problems except a couple of the drivers from Universal back to the Fort had never been to the Fort and I had to walk them thru where to drop off but otherwise it was easy peasy. Thanks again for the info/education!

After that room we had at SSR there was nothing deluxe about it. I don't have words to describe how bad the sofa bed was. It didn't even qualify as a bed of you ask me. If I owned there the lack of Minnie Vans would be far down the list of things to complain about

Are you doing a split stay or are you stuck there? And if split, are you having Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van move your stuff, or Disney?

They can neither pick up nor drop off at MK. If you ask for MK, the default is to drop off or pick up at TTC, where you can ride monorail or ferryboat to MK. You can instead ask for Contemporary Resort, which is 10-minute walk from MK on a paved, lighted walkway.

The other 3 parks, DS, water parks, and all resorts are OK for drop off and pick up.
Thank you! Awesome and very helpful info.

Yeah, the sofa beds have always been bad at DVC. They're uncomfortable, both as a couch or a bed -- worst of both worlds.

I'm not a big fan of the villas at SSR anyway; I only stayed there once. The resort itself has a lot of amenities, but not the rooms themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter