Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Yeah, the sofa beds have always been bad at DVC. They're uncomfortable, both as a couch or a bed -- worst of both worlds.

I'm not a big fan of the villas at SSR anyway; I only stayed there once. The resort itself has a lot of amenities, but not the rooms themselves.
We did a new room at WL, so Copper Creek. They have good beds in them. I slept on it and while I wouldn't want it for my daily bed it was more than adequate.

I asked DD if her bed during our stay last year at BWV was as bad and she said not at all.

I had to wonder what all the dues go to at SSR. Maintenance and upkeep didn't seem to be it

Okay, I think I've read answers to some of my questions but can't find them again.
-We're from France and planning on using Uber to go from ASMu to USO and back, can we order a ride only with the app, with no sms or phone call?
-Are the prices more expensive at night? (we're going to a HHN, probably not till the end but around 10pm max I think)
-Do you think it's safer for 2 women with Uber, Taxi, or it's the same? (I'm anxious without any cause, I guess it's my maternal instincts wondering how to protect my 16yo DD from inexistant threats)

Okay, I think I've read answers to some of my questions but can't find them again.
-We're from France and planning on using Uber to go from ASMu to USO and back, can we order a ride only with the app, with no sms or phone call?
-Are the prices more expensive at night? (we're going to a HHN, probably not till the end but around 10pm max I think)
-Do you think it's safer for 2 women with Uber, Taxi, or it's the same? (I'm anxious without any cause, I guess it's my maternal instincts wondering how to protect my 16yo DD from inexistant threats)
You do have to use the app. No other way

Prices don't change at night. There can be a surge added at high volume times and they are more rare and random than you think. In our 9 day trip we returned from yesterday we didn't have it once and we used one of them at least once a day

I've felt perfectly safe alone or with DD and DGD in both Uber and Lyft. I don't hesitate to use either

I'm a driver for both Uber and Lyft, so I may be a little biased on the safety issue.

I think you will be quite safe with either Uber, LYft, or a taxi. All three sets of drivers undergo a very thorough series of background investigations before they are allowed to drive. Uber and Lyft drivers must meet the standards set by the State of Florida. Taxi drivers must meet local standards, which are similarly strict.

Which is safer? There is one important difference. If you are riding with Uber or Lyft, both you and the driver (separately) are tracked by the GPS from the time you request the ride until you get out of the car and a short period afterward. The tracking is constant on both the driver's phone, and on your phone. To me, that's a little added safety factor.

Question....I may be on the edge of which car type to go with here. Going from Portofino Bay to All Star Music (man, that's going to be a shock to my system!!!). Two adults, 2 checked bags, 2 carry on bags. Which type car am I better off getting? X or XL?

Question....I may be on the edge of which car type to go with here. Going from Portofino Bay to All Star Music (man, that's going to be a shock to my system!!!). Two adults, 2 checked bags, 2 carry on bags. Which type car am I better off getting? X or XL?
You should be ok with X. Even a small X vehicle should be able to accommodate you.

Just be aware that you could get a Prius or something similar. Obviously an XL would give you more space and comfort.

DH and I always go with XL when we have our luggage. Too many of the X vehicles can't hold our 2 large suitcases easily. Rather than worry about it, we just size up for making it less of a hassle. Just easier than worrying about it.

If you get something really small, you might have to put one person up front and use half the rear seat for 1 of the bags.

DH and I have used a regular UberX countless times with ourselves our two checked bags (mine is a larger 28", DH's is a 24") plus our two carry on bags, I have never even considered that we would need an XL, as we live in the Bay area we are usually in a Prius going to our airport and it all fits easily. As an aside I would love to go back to Portofino Bay, we loved that hotel!

Easy way to check. Get directions on Google maps. To the right of walking is the ride share icon. It will give you fare for Lyft, Uber x, xl and how long a wait.

Never knew that. I just checked Google maps on my computer and there is no ride share icon. To the right of walking is bicycling. But when I looked on the Google Maps app on my phone, I did see a ride share icon.

Never knew that. I just checked Google maps on my computer and there is no ride share icon. To the right of walking is bicycling. But when I looked on the Google Maps app on my phone, I did see a ride share icon.
The Uber/Lyft app tells you.
Uber is right below each car type
Lyft is across from each car type

I think I'll stick with a regular vs XL. My bag won't be big. May actually check my rolling carryon and carry on my Vera Bradley weekender. That way dd's bag won't really matter. Thanks all.

Yeah, it appears to only work on mobile through the app.

The Uber/Lyft app tells you.
Uber is right below each car type
The time shown below the car type at the bottom of the screen on Uber is your estimated arrival at your destination.

The estimated time to pickup is right next to your current location on the map.

The time shown below the car type at the bottom of the screen on Uber is your estimated arrival at your destination.

The estimated time to pickup is right next to your current location on the map.
Not talking about time, talking about cost

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter