Every Adventure Requires a First Step.

I made it!!!! Congrats on your newest job venture that you cannot mention on the Dis!!! :yay: pixiedust:

We :love: our October trips. Milder weather. :cloud9: Halloween decor. :maleficenFood and Wine Festival. popcorn:: We love it all.
Regarding crowd levels. I am just convinced that place is ALWAYS crowded, at this point. Maybe it is more crowded at certain times than others, I do not know first hand. We hate the crowds, too. That is why we have not been back to WDW since 2016. :crazy2:

We MUST go back, though, because Star Wars. :darth::chewy: We have a trip planned for October 3-9. I am certain you all will probably still be in full swing football at that point. :sad: For now, we have only planned 2 days in HS, to get the full SWGE experience, and 1 day in Epcot for F&W...that's it. That being said, I am also certain we will add one more day after the current trip is paid off. I just cannot imagine a world where we will be okay with a Disney trip without MK fireworks...

One last thing...CONGRATS on being smoke free!!!! :jumping1::jumping2::jumping3::banana::cool1::cheer2::dancer::Pinkbounc:woohoo:party:

YAAAAAAAY, MO IS BACK!!!!!!! :) I was so excited to find this PTR!!!

I have an idea of how much- not like i can retire and i own the company but enough to pay off bills and go on a vacation!!!
Once i have the Money IN HAND i will book this trip. so clearly everything is hanging in the wind until i have that money..
Tom's sister also owes us a LARGE sum of money form his mom's house. She still is playing games.
I'm glad there is a bright spot in what I'm sure was a giant pain in the @$$ to deal with!! AND I can't believe that is still going on with Tom's sister :( what a shame!

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day
There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow's just a dream away
I found out about the settlement​
WOO HOO for you!!!

Can't believe your kids are so big! They have grown into such beautiful teenagers though, seriously. And I can't be so shocked about kids growing up because Jimmy is 10 1/2 and almost as tall as me. When did this happen to us?!?!

I know the Poly has your heart, and it would be amazing to stay there again. Every time I think of the Boardwalk, all I can think about is that clown slide and those god-awful chairs LOL but I do think you're right that your kids would have a blast there.

So glad to have you back here on the DIS. You just may inspire me to finally start my TR!!!

and i cannot go to the bathroom without being watched.

next is going to be homecoming!

This made me laugh...oh Murph...got to make sure you are okay in there Mommy! He is a guardian after all...and you all are his flock...I have not gone to the bathroom alone in 25 years..between when my son was small and then dogs...I take it as a victory if I make it in there and can close the door without at least one dog.

One day I am going to meet you and D~ in real life!

MO-M-G YOU'RE BACK!!! :love::flower1::dogdance::yay::jumping1::jumping2::jumping3::Pinkbouncparty:

Congratulations on quitting smoking! 7mo is a huge achievement. I'm so sorry for your furbaby losses. The new family members are adorable! I love chinchillas, my friend adopts rescue chinchillas, they are all so cute!

I can't believe how much the triplets have grown, oh my goodness. 15?! Everyone looked stunning for homecoming!

One of my favourite (of our three, haha! I think they're all my favourite really...) trips was in October. I loved MNSSHP, the decor, and the Autumn trolley show. My dream time to go would be the Halloween/Christmas cross-over period, but I work in retail and time off in November is usually a big no-no!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip, I'm so glad you are back. :hug:

HELLO MY DIS FAMILY!
you all are truly my Dis Fam! thank you all for coming back to one more of my whirlwind planning reports. I've miss all our antics jokes and friendship!!! :grouphug:

Can i tell you how excited i am that the emojis have a search bar? oh great things are going to happen!

What camera do you use? I'm thinking of getting a good camera to take pictures of my girls at sports and for our Alaska cruise

Alaska cruise! this is remarkable! I am so happy for you!!! yes.. you do need a very good camera. are you looking for a point and shoot? or the big rig of a DSLR? price range?
i would love to be able to help you out..

Sorry about the loss of your dog.

Have you asked the rescue/adoption center if they will lower the price since he is still there? I have volunteered with 2 small rescues and I know the adoption fee does not even come close to paying all the crazy vet bills, plus food. '

I'm still upset over Logan. he was such a fantastic boy.
No. I haven't--- Right now i am OK with having 3 dogs! LOL they are a lot. as you know!

I can't believe his sister still owes you money.

I have word on this too. wait until you hear this one....

The boardwalk slide is one of my favorites. The location is great if hollywood studios still has the virtual que when you go. We went last minute christmas week. We booked Thursday for a saturday- sunday stay. It was so nice to wake up and just walk to hollywood studios at the crack of dawn. It was a 6 am park opening. We were in the park before 6. We were able to ride ROTR by 9:30 and have time to go back to the room before a nap and check out/ switch resorts.

Virtual queue? Tell me more--
That's amazing you were able to get all that done! You were able to walk to EPCOT too right?
I do think we will have a great time there..

Hi, Mo! It is great to see you back here again. It is very exciting to see that you are planning a trip. It has been a long time.

HI!!!
Yes! I have missed you too! so happy you came over!
i am planning and changing then planning again.. I am so lost. lol

Congratulations on going smoke free! That must have been hard.

Thank you! Chantix is the way. for sure. it was so much easier then cold turkey!

I can't imagine you only having one job. :) Is life a little easier now?

i miss the Disney job a lot. it was so much fun. easier? me? never.

The kids look great. I'm glad to see that the boys got into varsity football. They must keep you busy with all their activities.

thanks! kids are doing really good. Yep Varsity. i still cannot believe it.. Where has the time gone?!?!
i have not stopped. they have not stopped. every single day has had some sort of activity for the last year and a half. i am TIRED lol and wouldn't change it for anything!

Your daughter is adorable. It is nice that she shares the Disney love with you. One of my daughters is into Disney, too, and it is fun to talk Disney with her. :)

Thanks! She is really cute.
It is great to have someone else to share the love isn't it? I really want to do a mother daughter trip- but i KNOW the boys would disown me.
maybe we could do something else-- universal? that would mean THREE trips for me!
this doesn't sound so bad..

'm sorry to hear about Stevie but at least you don't have to worry so much about your furniture. The chinchillas are very cute.

yeah it was tough losing that little guy.. The chinchillas don't have the personality. but they are fluffy and cute.

I made it!!!! Congrats on your newest job venture that you cannot mention on the Dis!!! :yay: pixiedust:

Hi!!!
I am So glad to have you back!!! i am really happy to have that other not to be named job.. LOL!

So when did Gabe turn into a teenager??? I almost lost my head when you posted his picture the other day..

We :love: our October trips. Milder weather. :cloud9: Halloween decor. :maleficenFood and Wine Festival. popcorn:: We love it all.

Sing it sister. Halloween is our time.. But something may have thrown a dang wrench is these plans..

Regarding crowd levels. I am just convinced that place is ALWAYS crowded, at this point. Maybe it is more crowded at certain times than others, I do not know first hand. We hate the crowds, too. That is why we have not been back to WDW since 2016. :crazy2:

Crowds are the pits. i just cannot justify paying that amount of money for a vacation to spend most time in a line. or being aggravated by the guests around me.
not magical..

We MUST go back, though, because Star Wars. :darth::chewy: We have a trip planned for October 3-9. I am certain you all will probably still be in full swing football at that point. :sad: For now, we have only planned 2 days in HS, to get the full SWGE experience, and 1 day in Epcot for F&W...that's it. That being said, I am also certain we will add one more day after the current trip is paid off. I just cannot imagine a world where we will be okay with a Disney trip without MK fireworks...

yes.. I will talk about my dates and football in a sec.. yes. between the star wars pandora and the hype of the exciting rides. we need to get back. I miss Epcot. i haven't seen the castle in forever..
WHAT you need to walk on MAIN STREET!!! sorry but that has to happen.. i will not take this..

One last thing...CONGRATS on being smoke free!!!!

Why thank you!

YAAAAAAAY, MO IS BACK!!!!!!! :) I was so excited to find this PTR!!!

I IS BACK!
so is you!

I'm glad there is a bright spot in what I'm sure was a giant pain in the @$$ to deal with!! AND I can't believe that is still going on with Tom's sister :( what a shame!

GUUUUURRRL just wait i have more on this subject...

WOO HOO for you!!!

Ha! thanks!!

Can't believe your kids are so big! They have grown into such beautiful teenagers though, seriously. And I can't be so shocked about kids growing up because Jimmy is 10 1/2 and almost as tall as me. When did this happen to us?!?!

stop. I know i am so sad they are these huge teenagers.
Thank you so much your really so funny since you all watched them grow up these boards!
Jimmy is still adorable and 10!!! Holy moley!
ya know 10 was when i did the big surprise trip.. ARGGGGGG i cannot believe time!

I know the Poly has your heart, and it would be amazing to stay there again. Every time I think of the Boardwalk, all I can think about is that clown slide and those god-awful chairs LOL but I do think you're right that your kids would have a blast there.

the poly will ALWAYS have my heart!! omg i totally forgot about those chairs..
almost a deal breaker here...
Yes i think they being the teenagers they are.. will like it there. more to walk around with.

So glad to have you back here on the DIS. You just may inspire me to finally start my TR!!!

I am glad to be back.. PLEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEEEE write a trip report! I want to hear all about it!
And you know you can call me for your next trip.. ;)

This made me laugh...oh Murph...got to make sure you are okay in there Mommy! He is a guardian after all...and you all are his flock...I have not gone to the bathroom alone in 25 years..between when my son was small and then dogs...I take it as a victory if I make it in there and can close the door without at least one dog.

One day I am going to meet you and D~ in real life!

Murphy is something else.. he gets away with MURDER. and it's all my fault. this is my support baby after Logan.. until now.. he has to get into some manners

Me too, we got 2 ft of it already in Nov :lmao: Luckily we haven't had much more since then, but I'm sure more is coming.

NOOOOOO SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MO-M-G YOU'RE BACK!!!

HIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I MISSED YOU!!!

Congratulations on quitting smoking! 7mo is a huge achievement. I'm so sorry for your furbaby losses. The new family members are adorable! I love chinchillas, my friend adopts rescue chinchillas, they are all so cute!

why thank you! I feel a lot better now that i am smoke free the smell make me sick to my stomach now! who knew! LOL
yes all the fuzzy things in the house is so chaotic- I LOVE CHINS! they are so soft!!!they don't smell either which is my highlight!

I can't believe how much the triplets have grown, oh my goodness. 15?! Everyone looked stunning for homecoming!

I know i am so sad they are so big. went from midgets to giants in what seems like a month.
Thank you! they did clean up nice..

One of my favourite (of our three, haha! I think they're all my favourite really...) trips was in October. I loved MNSSHP, the decor, and the Autumn trolley show. My dream time to go would be the Halloween/Christmas cross-over period, but I work in retail and time off in November is usually a big no-no!

You are not getting off at that time no no no. I know from working the Disney store. it would be your black out date.
Wouldn't it be amazing to be there for the crossover? OH DREAMY!!!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip, I'm so glad you are back. :hug:

I can't wait to figure this trip out with you!
:grouphug:

So silly me i thought i would have some time to write stuff since it was Friday the boss was out for the day at meeting.s

No. I have been going for the full 8 hours.. accidents union issues. discipline problems.

and poof! its time to go home! I will get on this weekend. the boys LAST wresting is tomorrow going shopping for super bowl and RELAXING!

So i have stuff to tell you about craziness and trips and wrenches being thrown at us!

have safe weekend!!!

Alaska cruise! this is remarkable! I am so happy for you!!! yes.. you do need a very good camera. are you looking for a point and shoot? or the big rig of a DSLR? price range?
i would love to be able to help you out..
I want a DSLR. I'm so over point and shoots. In addition to Alaska, I want to be able to get great pictures from soccer, possible basketball and maybe track .

Virtual queue? Tell me more--
That's amazing you were able to get all that done! You were able to walk to EPCOT too right?
I do think we will have a great time there..
You can walk to EPCOT, we did not go to EPCOT since we were only there for one night.
As of right now the only way to ride Rise of the Resistance, is for your whole party to enter hollywood studios and join a virtual queue. It seems like boarding groups are booked up with a 1/2 hour of parking opening, but not totally sure. I'm trying to figure what they are doing to do with mickey and Minnie's railroad when it opens in March since we are going back for my birthday!

I want a DSLR. I'm so over point and shoots. In addition to Alaska, I want to be able to get great pictures from soccer, possible basketball and maybe track .

Oh. So interchangeable lens. just know your about to embark in one VERY expensive hobby... Nikon and Canon are amazing camera it boils down to menus and buttons how you feel comfortable. the most affordable of those would be the canon rebel.. although the mirror-less camera are becoming the new thing to have!

You can walk to EPCOT, we did not go to EPCOT since we were only there for one night

Epcot oh how i love thee although you should know by now-- Epcot = rain.

As of right now the only way to ride Rise of the Resistance, is for your whole party to enter hollywood studios and join a virtual queue. It seems like boarding groups are booked up with a 1/2 hour of parking opening, but not totally sure. I'm trying to figure what they are doing to do with mickey and Minnie's railroad when it opens in March since we are going back for my birthday!

AH! Understand what your talking about but it changed since you wrote this-- they have it as a fast pass tier now. Which is going to be so helpful!
i know since i turned into a TA baby!!! LOL

AH! Understand what your talking about but it changed since you wrote this-- they have it as a fast pass tier now. Which is going to be so helpful!
i know since i turned into a TA baby!!! LOL
Rise of the resistance is still boarding groups, but Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's run is now a tier 1 fastpass as of 2/19 ( i think). I know when I saw it I added a fastpass for it during our trip. We have ridden it twice but most likely was going to pass on it this trip.
Wait you meant there is a fast past for mickey and minnie's. I just changed our smugglers run to it.

Last edited:
WooHoo ! Welcome back ! I had your old PTR saved as a bookmark on my computer and would check it periodically ! Cant believe how big your "kids" have gotten ! Your reports and the Canadian planning pages are what keeps me on here !

Hello, Hello, anybody in here??? Man, I miss the days when we would all be on here almost daily. Life really stinks when it takes up all your Dis~time! :earboy2:

5 months later--

Well wasn't that a fun couple of months there.
No it's not over i get that- yet thankful we are SLOWLY getting back to a normal. Although it was the worst year to become a travel agent-- I Do hope and pray all of you are OK and doing well?!?!
What has gone on while this weird year has taken a hold on everyone?
Well I work from home - go into the office twice a week - I had an interview for a new position in a new department I PRAY i get it. Where i am now is horrible. I can make a whole post just about work. I just might- as people can scroll past it if they want..

587062tg5hn28u1u.gif

The kids? Oh well they are Sophomores now... 16 years old,

tenor.gif

They have their drivers permits. But the Illinois public schools are closed and cannot take the range class at this time. Football and volleyball are in full swing THANK GOD.. I feel so sorry for the Illinois kids who have had their sports taken away --my kids would have lost their minds. They are in school they have Wednesdays as virtual to have the school cleaned. Pretty happy with the way they are handling everything.

We had a party for their 16th birthday "SWEET 16" I still have sweets in the cabinets.. It was a LOT of sweets..
I will post pictures..

I did get a new Cannon camera! Mirror-less! and OMG does it take the most magnificent pictures. I call her Dorothy. Because the old camera was like black and white while this one is pure beautiful bold colors! Lots of trial and errors .. i take as many pictures as i can wherever i can-- i will post those soon too.
f3188d5cd43299359d73509b0f6a37eb.gif

I have gained SO MUCH WEIGHT with this stupid quarantine. I don't know how i feel about going back to the gym just yet..

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Needless to say we will not be going to Disney this year- we haven't gone ANYWHERE this year. I am banging on walls to get out. i can't stand it. and living here.. well this is just.. well let's say we have made the decision to move to Florida after the kids graduate in 2 1/2 years, I already spoke with a realtor..

just flew in to send a HELLO and how ya doin- I WILL be back with pictures and more information--- until then---

200.gif

I am interested to hear about you all! how you are how you coped with this craziness etc!

Chapter Page

When Covid Hit

Last edited:
Hey Mo! Great to see you here on the Dis. I've been missing in action for months now. I keep saying that I'm coming back, I'm coming back, I'm coming back. Ain't happened yet.

Hey Mo! Great to see you here on the Dis. I've been missing in action for months now. I keep saying that I'm coming back, I'm coming back, I'm coming back. Ain't happened yet.

I totally understand.. I might have some time now. to start writing again.. I miss writing!

YAAAAAAAY, MO IS BACK!!!!!!!

We've had a hell of a year, besides all the awful COVID-19 crap. My nephew was born in January at 23 weeks. He only lived 12 days, which is about the saddest thing I have ever lived through. At the same time, I was diagnosed with shingles, so I couldn't go see him until the very last day when we knew it would be goodbye :(

The rest of the year was e-learning (HATE!!) and quarantine stuck in the house and pretty much going nowhere and seeing no one!

By summer, I could not wait to get out!!!! Our Disney trip for April was rescheduled to June, then again to July 12. When Disney announced their reopening date was 7/11, I was SOOOOOOO happy we wouldn't have to move our trip again. It was so HOT in a mask, but boy did I need that magic!!! We came home, quarantined for two weeks, and went right back to Florida to do Universal for Jimmy's birthday. It was so amazing, and I'm glad we went on both trips because I honestly felt safer there than I do at the grocery store!!

Back at school now with 17 kids in class with me, and 8 working at home. It's exhausting mentally, but somehow is working OK.....of course we had some kids test positive, so we're in a two week e-learning quarantine schoolwide at the moment. Hopefully when we go back Monday, we get to stay for awhile!!

Missed having you here, Mo!! Glad you're back :) If you're looking for any reports to read, allow me to give a shameless plug to the top two TRs in my signature! Our Merrytime Cruise and WDW trips from December 2019, before the world fell apart!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter