Every Mile is a Miracle

Coming off a three-day weekend is so hard. But here I am. I had a fun and busy weekend and I hope everyone else did too!

Week 1 DBP#3 Report 5/21 - 5/28
Mon 5/21 - Rest Day
Tues 5/22 - 3 mi @ EA (11:45) / Bike?!
Wed 5/23 - 3 mi @ EA (11:45)
Thurs 5/24 - 4 mi @ EB (10:58)
Fri 5/25 - Swim?!
Sat 5/26 - 3 mi @ EB (10:58) + Strides
Sun 5/27 - Moved to Monday

Monday - Rest day!

Tuesday - Trying to get back into the groove of things, like early mornings and workouts I can't skip. It's hard. I wanted to try to make this a brick workout but I slept in just until I barely had enough time to run before work. Oh well.
Plan: 3 mi @ EA 11:45
Actual: 3.04 @ 11:14
Splits: 11:03, 11:29, 11:09

Wednesday - A little windy but a nice cool morning run. Also did about 25 minutes of workouts from Tone It Up during my lunch break.
Plan: 3 mi @ EA 11:45
Actual: 3.03 @ 11:09
Splits: 11:18, 11:08, 11:00

Thursday - I slept in again and that hour difference really does a number on the temperature. Gotta start making sure I am out of there by 5:30am from now on. Woof. I also did 20 minutes of Tone It Up workouts during my lunch break.
Plan: 4 mi @ EB 10:58
Actual: 4.03 @ 10:39
Splits: 10:14, 10:23, 11:18, 10:41

Friday - I made it to the pool for a swim! 150 SKPS, 200 F/B, 4x100 Ladder Sprints, 200 F/B, 200 Pull, 100 CD = 1700 yds @ 34:03 duration

Saturday - Weekend shenanigans had started Friday night, but I was smart and went home at a normal hour because I knew it was gonna be going on alllll weekend. Woke up with full intentions to run right away, but almost decided to go out on the lake, changed our minds, went out for breakfast burritos, made dessert for the pot luck happening at my in-laws, and then I finally got my run it. It was pretty hot out by the time I got out there, but I did it.
Plan: 3 mi @ EB 10:58 + Strides
Actual: 3.03 @ 10:37
Splits: 10:33, 11:02, 10:09

Sunday - I bailed on my run to go to the pool and drink a bucket of booze. I have no regrets. I moved my run to Monday, which allowed me to start the Runner's World Run Streak from 5/28 - 7/4. I figured that since I was already running 5 days a week for my plan, what would an extra two slow miles a week do for a month?

Thoughts - I feel like I am going to struggle with my motivation this summer. Something about actually paying for a training plan makes me feel better about not committing to it. Great logic, right? So I may need you guys to help push me along. Week one is done, only 16 more weeks to go! The Navy Air Force Half Marathon released the medal today and I love it!!!
medal.PNG

I am struggling once again to slow my pace down, so that will be my focus this week. Week two gets right to business with my speed workouts that hang out at my Half Marathon Speed pace. I'm gonna start them at the track until I find a place to move them to the road. The track is just easier for me to ensure a flat, consistent surface.

Anxiously awaiting Friday for that Dopey announcement!!

Upcoming Training 5/28 - 6/3
Mon 5/28 - 4 mi @ LR (10:35)
Tue 5/29 - 4 mi @ EB (10:58)
Wed 5/30 - .5 mi @ WU (12:29) + 4 x .5 mi @ HMS (9:14) w/.5 mi RI @ WU + .5 mi @ CD (12:29)
Thurs 5/31 - 4 mi @ EA (11:45)
Fri 6/1 - 1 mi @ EA (11:45) & Swim
Sat 6/2 - 4 mi @ EB (10:58)
Sun 6/3 - 5 mi @ LR (10:35)

I totally feel ya with the summer motivation situation. I've already lost my motivation, and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse as the weather gets hotter. So I'm in this boat with you.

I love that medal!

Great job this week! I love that medal, it's so shiny and I love that they have both branches represented!
Thank you! I love that too. I was in the Navy and my husband's dad was in the Air Force so I think this is a fun race for me to do for that reason alone.

I totally feel ya with the summer motivation situation. I've already lost my motivation, and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse as the weather gets hotter. So I'm in this boat with you.

I love that medal!
The weekends will be the hardest because the runs are longer and I just want to sleep in, but I can't if I don't want to melt.

Nice work this week!! That medal is awesome, makes me kinda wish that race was on my calendar.
Do the 5 miler! ;) I wish that the races were on different days because I want both of the medals!

May Totals
Miles Ran - 60.7
Total Time - 11:04:44
Average Pace - 10:57/mi
Miles Biked - 26.5
Total Time - 2:05:26
Yards Swam - 3300 yds
Total Time - 1:14:03

May Goals Re-Cap:
- PR @ 10k race on Sunday -- YUP, bonus 3rd place in my AG
- Run sub:60 @ 10k race on Sunday -- Nope :(
- Figure out DopeyBadger Plan #3 -- Yup
- Swim once a week -- I got two swims in this month, half win!
- Drink 64oz of water daily -- I have gotten so good at drinking water that this doesn't even need to be a goal anymore. It's just life now.
- Meal Prep -- LOL I should just stop pretending like I am going to do this.
- More Fruits and Veggies in diet -- I could do better.
- Get under 160lbs - LOLOLOL, dammit.

Half way through the year. Wow. May was a slow month for me. The weeks tick by faster when I am checking off workouts, but after my race I had two weeks of recovery. I was able to swim and bike more though. I started my new training plan, but I want to still incorporate swimming and biking in my schedule if I can. If I start getting too tired, they will be the first to drop. I am a little worried about the weather this summer and wondering if I need to figure out how to calculate T&D adjustments. Just checked the weather. It's gonna be 109* on Sunday. WEEEEE!
I was doing really well on the weight loss situation that I thought for sure I was going to hit my 160 goal AND THEN Memorial Weekend happened. So maybe that plus less running for two weeks did me in. Ah well. Can't dwell on it. I started using MyFitnessPal again to track my food intake. But honestly, it doesn't stop me from having a day where I eat three donuts for breakfast. Like today. I can do pretty well Monday - Thursday, I just need to focus more on the weekends. But life is too short to always worry about what I am eating, so I sit here in this Catch 22.

June Goals:
- Train smart. Run early, stay hydrated.
- Keep Cross-Training. Swim, Bike, Strength.
- Decide on an August training race. (Either a HM or Tri... or both)
- Get house unpacked, like seriously what am I doing with my life?!
- Read 2 books
- Limit screen time

Different kinds of goals for the month. I have a problem with my phone addiction and I hate it. Gonna work on that. I also need to carve out more time for reading. I have two weddings to photograph this month and I am not looking forward to it. We are probably going to go see Blink-182 in Vegas in a few weeks. Other than that, not much going on in June.

I started using MyFitnessPal again to track my food intake. But honestly, it doesn't stop me from having a day where I eat three donuts for breakfast.

I have the same problem. I'll just track the three donuts sometimes (or I'll track one and then eat the other two in secret shame/enjoyment). I'm trying to find something better, but ... it's hard. I definitely get the struggle.

I love your June goals! For a while I was getting a lot of reading done on my commute, but lately I've been on the phone for the commute most of the time, which is not great (Of course, neither one of those is really an option if you drive to work). I miss that reading time. Reading is the best.

Sunday - I bailed on my run to go to the pool and drink a bucket of booze. I have no regrets. I moved my run to Monday, which allowed me to start the Runner's World Run Streak from 5/28 - 7/4. I figured that since I was already running 5 days a week for my plan, what would an extra two slow miles a week do for a month?
You are totally rocking the run streak!! I see you running 4-5 miles on insta and I am barely hanging on with 11pm 1 mile runs, but I will finish!
Love the goals- something about a new month is so refreshing!

Week 2 DBP#3 Report 5/28 - 6/3
Mon 5/28 - 4 mi @ LR (10:35)
Tue 5/29 - 4 mi @ EB (10:58)
Wed 5/30 - .5 mi @ WU (12:29) + 4 x .5 mi @ HMS (9:14) w/.5 mi RI @ WU + .5 mi @ CD (12:29)
Thurs 5/31 - 4 mi @ EA (11:45)
Fri 6/1 - 1 mi @ EA (11:45) & Swim
Sat 6/2 - 4 mi @ EB (10:58)
Sun 6/3 - 5 mi @ LR (10:35)

Monday – Usually Monday is a rest day, but the weekend got the best of me, so I moved my Sunday LR to Monday. No biggie. Bonus: I got to start the Runner’s World Run Streak that goes from May 28th – July 4th. Since I am already running 5 days a week, this only adds on two 1 miler’s a week. Easy peasy. Anyway, I decided to do this run down by the bridge so I could people watch. It was hot and sunny and my legs were just too fast for their own good.
Plan: 4 mi @ LR (10:35)
Actual: 4.06 @ 10:11
Splits: 9:59, 10:07, 10:11, 10:28

[The channel heading to the London Bridge]
d35zaSfWVE6OG2Dd6ok8hUIp.jpg

Tuesday – Back to those early morning sessions before work. Focused on running slow and did pretty well.
Plan: 4 mi @ EB (10:58)
Actual: 4.01 @ 10:54
Splits: 10:51, 10:56, 11:08, 10:42

5ZY06E7iMK9SPZsVDQIOUrwv.jpg

Wednesday – Ohhhh track days, how I have missed you! I know Coach would prefer I ran on the road for these speed workouts, but I have yet to find a suitable place that isn’t too hilly yet. So, track it is! Coach is doing this fun thing where most of my speed workouts throughout this plan are at my Half Marathon Speed pace, which is fine because it’s slower than any of my Daniel’s paces. But of course, first speed workout in the books and I am already running too fast. The thing is, the paces I am hitting feel good. But I don’t think that is the point, so better luck this week.
Plan: .5 mi @ WU (12:29) + 4 x .5 mi @ HMS (9:14) w/.5 mi RI @ WU + .5 mi @ CD (12:29)
Actual:
.5 mi @ 11:30
.5 mi @ 8:54
.5 mi @ 11:14
.5 mi @ 8:49
.5 mi @ 11:03
.5 mi @ 8:49
.5 mi @ 11:04
.5 mi @ 8:44
.5 mi @ 10:43

[Love this shirt]
aphyhl4XoPatGwoy5Ye4cxsg.jpg

Thursday – Windy morning run. That is all.
Plan: 4 mi @ EA (11:45)
Actual: 4.03 @ 11:35
Splits: 11:19, 11:29, 11:53, 11:40

Friday – I was all ready to go to the pool and get some laps in, but just as I pulled up to the pool I remembered that it was closed for maintenance and I wish I would have remembered that the night before when I was planning my morning. Luckily, I had my running gear with me so I did my Run Streak mile around the park.
Plan: 1 mi @ EA (11:45)
Actual: 1.2 @ 11:28

LGZFOqa6at6ph7LhyVVT0Cx2.jpg

Saturday – I feel like it’s gonna take me a few more hot runs to realize that I need to get my butt up earlier and run. Until then, picture me melting. I ran at 7:30am and it was already in the 90s.
Plan: 4 mi @ EB (10:58)
Actual: 4.02 @ 10:48
Splits: 10:45, 10:50, 11:22, 10:14

[One of my pair of Knockaround sunnies, love them!]
aZ33WIthDyXKl9Ukd5NFdYQC.jpg

Sunday – I had to shoot a wedding Saturday night. I got home after midnight. I slept in, despite setting alarms. I played with Bay instead of went running. And then, finally at 10am, I decided that I should go running because it was 101* and only getting hotter. I was planning on going directly into my mom’s pool after my run, so that was my motivation. My T&D was like 121 so I mentally noted what the adjustment should be and told myself it was okay to go slow, take a walk break, etc. I found a route that was like 50% tree shade, ran 2.5 miles out, took my tank top off, ran to about 3.5 mi and took a walk break, then finished up running the rest. It was hot and my mom’s pool was almost too cold, but I felt fine after my run. Then I went and ate pizza.
Plan: 5 mi @ LR (10:35 w/T&D adjustment of 10:48)
Actual: 5.01 @ 11:03
Splits: 10:34, 10:22, 11:02, 12:30, 10:43

Two weeks down, fifteen to go! Weeeee!

Other than that, my husband and I have been planning out our weekends. We seem to always be on the go and I have a love/hate thing for it. But whatever. It's summer and I wanna have fun! Our upcoming trips include: Vegas for Blink 182, Phoenix for baseball, San Diego for a race, Flagstaff for a friends get together we do yearly, renting a boat with some friends to take out on a Saturday with the kids, Anaheim for Disneyland/Pixar Fest and breweries.... Busy, busy, but it gets me to run at different places, too, which is always fun!

Oh yeah, and my Vivoactive 3 should be in tomorrow! I am so excited!!

Upcoming Training 6/4 - 6/10
Mon 6/4 - 1 mi @ EA (11:45)
Tue 6/5 - 4 mi @ EB (10:58) BLIND
Wed 6/6 - .5 mi @ WU (12:29) + 4 x .75 mi @ HMS (9:14) w/.5 mi RI @ WU + .5 mi @ CD (12:29)
Thurs 6/7 - 4 mi @ EA (11:45)
Fri 6/8 - 1 mi @ EA (11:45) & Swim
Sat 6/9 - 5 mi @ EB (10:58) + Strides
Sun 6/10 - 6 mi @ LR (10:35)

- Meal Prep -- LOL I should just stop pretending like I am going to do this.

Meal-planning and prep takes work, but once you get in a groove it's like a lightbulb going off and it's the easiest thing in the world. The key is routine, honestly. I do most of mine on Sunday, generally after dinner. I have a TV with DVR & AppleTV in my kitchen, so I either treat myself to a movie or watch something I've DVR'd during the week while I prep, so that makes time go by a LOT quicker.

I basically shop for protein once every two-three weeks (unless there's something REAL specific I want - like shrimp or steak) - and usually in bulk. I split everything up into 1-2-3 portion servings (depending on the protein) or by pound and I make a checklist that hangs on my cabinet by the fridge:

IMG_4748.JPG

As I use things, I check them off. I tend to only buy vegetables fresh or a day or two MAX in advance. I've found that I've drastically reduced waste this way, and enjoy the freshest vegetable offerings, plus it's almost guaranteed that I'm going to be in the mood for that, say, asparagus instead of thinking that I'll want asparagus on Friday when it's Sunday. The only things I buy in advance are lunch/snack vegetables. So, generally the night before, I'll pull something out of the freezer to start thawing and then will make a plan for what sides I want.

I make dinner from scratch - it's usually a protein and two different colors of vegetables ... if I'm grilling, I cook them on the grill (like glazed carrots or brussels sprouts), or I have no problem being lazy and using a frozen bag of steamer vegetables. I try to avoid lots of carbs or starch, so I'll do something like rice every other day. I cook dinner Monday through Friday, and I usually grill or smoke some form of meat one night on the weekend (like burgers, or smoked chicken wings).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Sundays, I meal prep breakfast, lunch and salad/snack vegetables:

Breakfast options could be:
+ Oatmeal
+ Muffins
+ Hard-boiled eggs
+ Roasted sweet potatoes
+ Diced vegetable mix for microwave egg white "omelette"

Lunch options are generally either:
+ Smoke a turkey breast (so I don't have to buy lunchmeat)
+ Pressure cook a whole chicken (same reason as the turkey)
+ Tomatoes and basil to go with cottage cheese

Vegetables/Fruits:
+ Wash, spin dry and chop lettuce
+ Slice cucumbers and separate into baggies for grab-and-go
+ Separate baby carrots into baggies for grab-and-go
+ Dice onions, save for cooking
+ Dice bell peppers, save for cooking
+ Deal with any melons (watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, etc. - I chop those up and store them in a big Pyrex bowl with a lid)
+ Rinse off all berries, grapes, etc.

Snacks:
+ Slice up cheese and portion
+ Slice up and portion any cured meat (summer sausage, salami, etc.)
+ Portion nuts for grab-and-go
+ Make snack salads for the week (cucumber and tomato, quinoa, pasta, etc.)

If I think I'm going to cook something in the Crockpot in the next three days, I may go ahead and put that together in a liner bag - like boneless, skinless chicken thighs, a whole sliced onion, some spices and a jar of salsa ... 4-6 hours later, shredded chicken for tacos! Or use barbecue sauce instead of salsa, and you've got bbq chicken to either go on a bun or (my favorite) over a baked potato.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I really don't discriminate between fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, honestly. They're both just fine. Like - smoothies ... I normally just get frozen mixed berries for those.

I also try to clean out my spice cabinet every few months, but I keep this little list hung on the inside and when I run out of something, I highlight it. I just did a cleanout today, so you can see all the things I need to buy tomorrow:

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 6.28.53 PM.png

I also have a grocery spreadsheet that I use sometimes, but lately I've just been using the Post-It system (similar to my meat list) ... I have Post-Its hanging on my cabinet for the three stores I go to (Mexican Grocery, Whole Foods/Central Market/Hipster Grocery and Tom Thumb/Kroger/Regular Grocery) - and when I run out of something (peanut butter, milk, butter, shred cheese), I just put it on the Post-It so I can just grab that and take it with me when I go to the store.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway. Find something that rewards you for meal prepping and planning ... for me, it's a movie and booze. And then everything is done except for whatever I make for dinner! You could even prep whole vegetables in advance (like cleaning and cutting broccoli crowns, snapping green beans, etc.) if you plan to consume them in the next couple of days. I've found the life-span of most "altered" vegetables is about 3-4 days before they get questionable, and that's usually in Pyrex or freezer bags.

The other key is liking to cook - which I do! And also it helps if you don't mind being a bit of a creature of habit, which I am.

Last edited:
Congrats on a great training week!

I feel you with that always on the go thing. I’m not quite as busy as you, but I do often have plans during the summer and while it’s fun, sometimes I just want to stay in bed and crash for a whole weekend.
Sounds like you guys have a lot of really fun things planned … and running in different places is always awesome!

Also ... it's almost Vivoactive time! I'm gonna open mine later tonight ... just want to get through my to-do list before I open it.

Great week! I am so jealous of all your mini vacays too!

@SarahDisney, the app Item Count will let you track any item based on the calories you burn. I have mine set for Reese's cups, but you are able to change it to anything. I absolutely love it!

Meal-planning and prep takes work, but once you get in a groove it's like a lightbulb going off and it's the easiest thing in the world. The key is routine, honestly. I do most of mine on Sunday, generally after dinner. I have a TV with DVR & AppleTV in my kitchen, so I either treat myself to a movie or watch something I've DVR'd during the week while I prep, so that makes time go by a LOT quicker.

I basically shop for protein once every two-three weeks (unless there's something REAL specific I want - like shrimp or steak) - and usually in bulk. I split everything up into 1-2-3 portion servings (depending on the protein) or by pound and I make a checklist that hangs on my cabinet by the fridge:

View attachment 327265

As I use things, I check them off. I tend to only buy vegetables fresh or a day or two MAX in advance. I've found that I've drastically reduced waste this way, and enjoy the freshest vegetable offerings, plus it's almost guaranteed that I'm going to be in the mood for that, say, asparagus instead of thinking that I'll want asparagus on Friday when it's Sunday. The only things I buy in advance are lunch/snack vegetables. So, generally the night before, I'll pull something out of the freezer to start thawing and then will make a plan for what sides I want.

I make dinner from scratch - it's usually a protein and two different colors of vegetables ... if I'm grilling, I cook them on the grill (like glazed carrots or brussels sprouts), or I have no problem being lazy and using a frozen bag of steamer vegetables. I try to avoid lots of carbs or starch, so I'll do something like rice every other day. I cook dinner Monday through Friday, and I usually grill or smoke some form of meat one night on the weekend (like burgers, or smoked chicken wings).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Sundays, I meal prep breakfast, lunch and salad/snack vegetables:

Breakfast options could be:
+ Oatmeal
+ Muffins
+ Hard-boiled eggs
+ Roasted sweet potatoes
+ Diced vegetable mix for microwave egg white "omelette"

Lunch options are generally either:
+ Smoke a turkey breast (so I don't have to buy lunchmeat)
+ Pressure cook a whole chicken (same reason as the turkey)
+ Tomatoes and basil to go with cottage cheese

Vegetables/Fruits:
+ Wash, spin dry and chop lettuce
+ Slice cucumbers and separate into baggies for grab-and-go
+ Separate baby carrots into baggies for grab-and-go
+ Dice onions, save for cooking
+ Dice bell peppers, save for cooking
+ Deal with any melons (watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, etc. - I chop those up and store them in a big Pyrex bowl with a lid)
+ Rinse off all berries, grapes, etc.

Snacks:
+ Slice up cheese and portion
+ Slice up and portion any cured meat (summer sausage, salami, etc.)
+ Portion nuts for grab-and-go
+ Make snack salads for the week (cucumber and tomato, quinoa, pasta, etc.)

If I think I'm going to cook something in the Crockpot in the next three days, I may go ahead and put that together in a liner bag - like boneless, skinless chicken thighs, a whole sliced onion, some spices and a jar of salsa ... 4-6 hours later, shredded chicken for tacos! Or use barbecue sauce instead of salsa, and you've got bbq chicken to either go on a bun or (my favorite) over a baked potato.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I really don't discriminate between fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, honestly. They're both just fine. Like - smoothies ... I normally just get frozen mixed berries for those.

I also try to clean out my spice cabinet every few months, but I keep this little list hung on the inside and when I run out of something, I highlight it. I just did a cleanout today, so you can see all the things I need to buy tomorrow:

View attachment 327267

I also have a grocery spreadsheet that I use sometimes, but lately I've just been using the Post-It system (similar to my meat list) ... I have Post-Its hanging on my cabinet for the three stores I go to (Mexican Grocery, Whole Foods/Central Market/Hipster Grocery and Tom Thumb/Kroger/Regular Grocery) - and when I run out of something (peanut butter, milk, butter, shred cheese), I just put it on the Post-It so I can just grab that and take it with me when I go to the store.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway. Find something that rewards you for meal prepping and planning ... for me, it's a movie and booze. And then everything is done except for whatever I make for dinner! You could even prep whole vegetables in advance (like cleaning and cutting broccoli crowns, snapping green beans, etc.) if you plan to consume them in the next couple of days. I've found the life-span of most "altered" vegetables is about 3-4 days before they get questionable, and that's usually in Pyrex or freezer bags.

The other key is liking to cook - which I do! And also it helps if you don't mind being a bit of a creature of habit, which I am.
WHEW. I finally got around to actually taking that all in. Can you just move in with me and do my meal prepping? Haha. This all sounds like everything I have been meaning to do but have been too lazy to put into an actual plan and execute. I love to cook, my husband loves to smoke. It's usually that my Sundays get so busy, or maybe I'm hungover (oops), that I am like "to hell with it, better luck next week". And that's been my mentally for all of 2018. But maybe, I can take your already made up plan and put my spin on it and make it actually happen! Thank you!!

WHEW. I finally got around to actually taking that all in. Can you just move in with me and do my meal prepping? Haha. This all sounds like everything I have been meaning to do but have been too lazy to put into an actual plan and execute. I love to cook, my husband loves to smoke. It's usually that my Sundays get so busy, or maybe I'm hungover (oops), that I am like "to hell with it, better luck next week". And that's been my mentally for all of 2018. But maybe, I can take your already made up plan and put my spin on it and make it actually happen! Thank you!!

It's REALLY a lot of trial and error! And there are lots of weeks where it doesn't get done on Sunday (especially during football season), but I have the luxury of taking a few hours on a Monday to do it if I need to.

Start with baby steps - if you're planning to grill or smoke something for dinner that night, add one extra protein! Throw a couple of extra chicken breasts on the grill, or smoke a boneless turkey breast - and lunch for the week is BASICALLY done!

I make stir-fry once a week because it's just soooooooo easy. When I make something like rice, I usually make two batches - one to eat then, one to eat later in the week if I want to do a burrito bowl a la Chipotle or something like that. Remember those chicken breasts I grilled up earlier in the week? All I add is black beans from a can, the chicken, some salsa and whatever else I may have in the fridge and feel like and there you go!

Or make things that can double-dip or stretch for use later in a pinch. Like - soup! I'll make a HUGE batch of Minestrone soup for dinner, and then I'll freeze 1-2 cup portions in freezer bags. Then, you have dinner in a pinch or a soup that you can control the sodium content on for an at-home lunch. If I make French Onion soup, the next day (or within the next two days), I'm going to reheat the remainder of it and add a package of roast beef to it in the Crockpot. A couple hours later? Just toast some rolls, add some cheese and mushrooms/peppers/onions and you've got psuedo-French Dip sandwiches.

If I make curry and have an extra flat of Naan? That means I'm having "pizza" at some point this week (which - is probably the only reason I make curry these days).

If I have a crapload of extra salad ingredients towards the end of the week? CHEESEBURGER SALAD. Seriously, the best. Make a big salad, grill up a cheeseburger patty and drop it straight on the salad. The juice from the burger is so good, you don't need dressing. And you'll realize how pickles on a salad are delicious.

Things like that.

I hate leftovers. Hate. Will NOT eat them. But I have no problem repurposing something into a different meal or reheating the same thing six weeks later or whatever. I know. I'm weird.

Last edited:
I’m impressed with @Keels organized meal prepping!

I’m doing pretty good right now with menu planning and sticking to it. We will eat leftovers so I usually make extra servings and have it for lunch the next day. The only thing that I won’t eat is reheated chicken. If I never ate chicken I’d be ok, but the rest of the family likes it.

We learned how to can a couple years ago. We can stuff like soups, stews, spaghetti sauce, chili, taco meat, etc. but those things freeze well too. When I worked it was easy to pull that stuff out of the freezer in the morning, let it thaw then heat it up when I got home. I’m not working right now, but it’s nice to have that stuff on hand when we are busy with DD soccer and DS therapies.

@Keels I should not have read all that while I am hungry. OMG. Forget Blue Apron, I need Keels Kitchen to send me boxes weekly. Haha.

IMG_5791.jpg

My new watch came in last night and of course I dove right into it. My initial reaction was that I was overwhelmed. I realized why pretty quickly. Story time: I used to work at an ATT store and I was the only person who worked there was an iPhone user. All the dudes I worked with tried really hard to get me to switch saying things like "But look at all the customizing you can do to it!!!" Oh like that ugly font that everyone who owns an Android changes their font to, gross. I love Apple products because they are simple and straight forward. The end. So fast forward to now and obviously I am having trouble figuring out this watch because there is SO MUCH TO IT. Apps and widgets and face screens and settings and settings and more settings. UGH. I feel like it's going to take me forever to get everything how I want it and if it ever gets reset I would be screwed.

In the best interest of not messing up my scheduled run but also seeing how this thing works, I ran this morning with both of my watches. (I actually had three on if you count my Fitbit on the right arm, but I don't use that to track my runs.) Last night I programmed my workout into my Garmin and also programmed it into my Runkeeper app, which is what I normally use to monitor my interval workouts. I usually have my AW giving me some sort of pacing and my Runkeeper app telling me when to run fast/slow. I really liked being able to put targeted paces into my Garmin workout though. Like a lot! 10 points Garmin.

I started both watches and my Runkeeper app and headed on my run. I liked that the Garmin would give me vibrations whenever I was running too fast or was hitting my goal pace. I feel like it was more accurate than my AW, which was the main goal. The intervals were pretty spot on with my Runkeeper app until the end when they got off just a little bit. Not too much to make a huge difference though. @SarahDisney mentioned that during her "Recovery" interval she wasn't able to see her stats and I didn't know what that meant until I got to my Recovery interval and thought that I bumped a button and stopped the workout. I don't necessarily like that, so I guess I could just make the Recovery interval a Run interval since I can just put in my target paces anyway. Not a huge deal. One thing I really, really want to see is my interval pace. During and after my workout somewhere would be preferable.

Overall, the Vivoactive 3 is so much cuter than the AW. And it's lighter! Which is crazy. It's a little bigger, but that's okay. I have a lot of reading and researching until I have my final deciding factor on it. I plan on taking it for a swim on Friday and maybe I can squeeze in a bike ride this weekend too. There is a chance I sell this and just get an AW3 but we shall see...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!