Every Mile is a Miracle

Oh hey there, marathoner. I totally suck at following everyone's training logs, trip reports, etc., but count me in for yours. It was awesome meeting you, doing shots, commiserating, etc.

I hope you are proud as heck of your accomplishments this past week.

Sighhhh.........

Well friends. The Margarita Streak came to an abrupt end last night when, out of no where, I caught a stomach flu. RIP Margarita Streak. Until we meet again.

tenor.gif

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Hello 2019! (Better late than never...)

It's been a busy month -- let's do a recap! I made a lofty goal of completing my first Dopey Challenge and in turn also my first Marathon and totally crushed it. I had the BEST time of my life at the WDW Marathon Week(end). (You can read my trip report here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...dw-marathon-weekend-2019-trip-report.3730064/)

Now that I have that HUGE goal checked off my 2019 Resolutions List, I guess I'll work on my smaller goals... Last year I attempted getting a Sub 2 hour Half Marathon PR and a Sub 1 hour 10k PR and missed them both by a really small margin. So I am making them my goals again this year and I know I can do it because I got this really passive-aggressive fortune cookie at the beginning of the year that said "You should be able to undertake and completely anything. :) " So, I ~should~ be able to hit these goals.

But, instead of diving right on in, I decided that I wanted to start the year off with a Triathlon! We have a local Tri in March that I volunteered at last year and had some FOMO while handing out water cups, so I told myself I would do it this year. And to make it more challenging, I am going to do my first Olympic Distance Tri. #whynot #YOLO

For now these are the races I want to do this year:

March 16th - Oly Triathlon
April 13th - Beach and Bay Half Marathon (Sub 2 hour)
May 18th - Local 10k (Sub 1 hour)
October - A "real" Marathon (Looking at the Long Beach Marathon)
November - Wine & Dine / RnR Vegas
January - Marathon Weekend 2020

Of course, I will probably throw in a few extra/last minute races, as I do. But these are the ones I am committing to now.

Training started this week for the Triathlon, then my plan rolls right through the HM and to the 10k! Weeeee!

Training Schedule Week 1 (1/28 - 2/1)
Monday 1/28 - Swim (1750m)
Tuesday 1/29 - Bike 30 mins / Run 3 mi @ EA
Wednesday 1/30 - 4 mi @ EA
Thursday 1/31 - Swim (1400m)
Friday - 4 mi @ EA
Saturday - 6 mi @ EB + Strides
Sunday - Bike 30 mins

I'm still working out the kinks in this plan. Let's see if I can hang.

But, instead of diving right on in, I decided that I wanted to start the year off with a Triathlon! We have a local Tri in March that I volunteered at last year and had some FOMO while handing out water cups, so I told myself I would do it this year. And to make it more challenging, I am going to do my first Olympic Distance Tri. #whynot #YOLO
Impressive. Most impressive. I was watching Impressions de France the day of the WDW marathon and during the bike scene in that film, my quads began to protest mightily. They held up wonderfully during Dopey, but I can't even go on the stationary bike for a few minutes without my quads really protesting the next day.

Impressive. Most impressive. I was watching Impressions de France the day of the WDW marathon and during the bike scene in that film, my quads began to protest mightily. They held up wonderfully during Dopey, but I can't even go on the stationary bike for a few minutes without my quads really protesting the next day.
I like biking because you get to sit the whole time. Haha.

Can I borrow your poms from the Marathon... I foresee lots of cheering for you this year!! ;)
Oh these things?
IMG_2546.jpg

I like biking because you get to sit the whole time. Haha.

And you can coast too!

Nothing like getting up early for a bike ride, just to find out that your bike tires need some work. So no bike ride this morning, just a run and a lot of swearing.

Pro tip: check your bike and pump your tires the night before you ride. You won't lose any significant pressure overnight and it saves you a few minutes in the morning so you don't feel rushed. Plus, if you notice your tire is flat or your valve is busted the night before, you can sleep in the next day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!